IGNORED

Autechre // Japan

Soloman Tump

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the Japanese gig sound even more subdued than the Aus ones or is it just the recording ? Haven't given an in depth listen but it seems that way at first scratchings

subdued in what regard? it does seem like the most slowly developing set alright... which is great imo, loving the pacing / flow on it.

Does the Japanese gig sound even more subdued than the Aus ones or is it just the recording ? Haven't given an in depth listen but it seems that way at first scratchings

subdued in what regard? it does seem like the most slowly developing set alright... which is great imo, loving the pacing / flow on it.

I feel like the opening piece, at least, definitely is not; if anything, it’s a bit more “active”/energetic compared with the other sets

No it's 'subdued' because after about 3 minutes the person doing the recording appears to put his recording device in his pocket/under a jacket/in an ice cream tub for all I know.

Damn shame as it sounded like the most original variation of the onesix set so far. This is a garbage recording though.

No it's 'subdued' because after about 3 minutes the person doing the recording appears to put his recording device in his pocket/under a jacket/in an ice cream tub for all I know.

Damn shame as it sounded like the most original variation of the onesix set so far. This is a garbage recording though.

It is kind of hard to listen to... But since it's our only recording of the show...

<shrug>

<whisper>

Soundboard soundboard soundboard...

please-please-please-please-please...

I had the same fear in 2014, in Krakow: the night before playing, Bob & Sam were in a club, and seeing Sam I was seized by a bad feeling. Four years have passed: I believe we can say that exasperated thinness is nothing more than its normal constitution...

bob, however, from year to year seems increasingly healthy

I really got concerned when i saw an instagram fotos some pages ago. Though i hope everything is OK and i wish so.

Baby Ford for example was that thin also but he was thin for ages (and now he seems to be more fat actually)

Let's not get all Aphex subforum in here y'all. We're better than that. But also, who all's in the pic? I think that's Rob Hall towards the back, right?

That's a neat observation as always, coz i dropped a couple of hot Aphex stories previously!

It seems the second guy on the left is the soundguy, well in fact i was told post-leakage that's this picture is sorta in private use, so these are just Joe's

Let's not get all Aphex subforum in here y'all. We're better than that. But also, who all's in the pic? I think that's Rob Hall towards the back, right?

That's a neat observation as always, coz i dropped a couple of hot Aphex stories previously!

It seems the second guy on the left is the soundguy, well in fact i was told post-leakage that's this picture is sorta in private use, so these are just Joe's

I meant more on the 'wow Sean so skinny lately does he have cancers I hope he is eating okay worried about him' and stuff like that with the Aphex subforum jest...

I was just interested in who they were playing shows with really as I can't remember what was said, think it was Rob Hall and someone else, didn't know if there were some local cats playing too maybe or something.

I meant more on the 'wow Sean so skinny lately does he have cancers I hope he is eating okay worried about him' and stuff like that with the Aphex subforum jest...

I was just interested in who they were playing shows with really as I can't remember what was said, think it was Rob Hall and someone else, didn't know if there were some local cats playing too maybe or something.

There were playing with Andy Maddocks as support DJ, it's on the first page after all!

Imagine being Ae and playing in the dark, not doing any press, then having your physical appearance still randomly dissected online. Pretty sure that their intention is not to have their physical likeness attached to their art... lets leave it that way.  

Pretty sure this (hypothetical) intention was fucked after they took the first thousand promo pictures

Sam looks exactly like I’d imagine one would look if thy spent 74 hours a day 378 days a year working on autechre

lol

No doubt they must spend a crazy amount of their waking hours on their craft. 

Archived