BCM

So bizarre watching Japanese news, they showed a clip from a townhall in Hagworthingham, which has a population of about 400. These are the people voting to leave. A group of people whose idea of exotic is a tinned tikka masala from fucking Tesco.

Yesterday I exchanged contracts on a flat in a poshish part of London, for well over £100K less than what the vendor was originally asking for. I THINK the reason is Brexit, I don't think there are any other obvious factors, other than my prodigious negotiating skills of course.

Completion date is 29th March lol.

So I've either played a blinder or made a fucking stupid decision, the deciding factor will be whether we leave with no deal and it totally fucks the housing market.

My thought is if that happens people just won't sell.

Fingers crossed for Brextension and eventual Bremain

Everyone will be happy to know I'm fully moved in, it's lush, thank u farage and boris for the help and now let's cancel it.

Well done becoming part of the bourgeois!

Only joking of course, for real congrats on getting a new pad.

Everyone welcome to crash I assume?

So bizarre watching Japanese news, they showed a clip from a townhall in Hagworthingham, which has a population of about 400. These are the people voting to leave. A group of people whose idea of exotic is a tinned tikka masala from fucking Tesco.

Second result when googling 'Hagworthingham + Brexit'

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2019/04/lincolnshire-police-prepare-plans-for-brexit-fuelled-hate-crimes/

Yesterday I exchanged contracts on a flat in a poshish part of London, for well over £100K less than what the vendor was originally asking for. I THINK the reason is Brexit, I don't think there are any other obvious factors, other than my prodigious negotiating skills of course.

So I've either played a blinder or made a fucking stupid decision, the deciding factor will be whether we leave with no deal and it totally fucks the housing market.

Everyone will be happy to know I'm fully moved in, it's lush, thank u farage and boris for the help and now let's cancel it.

Which part, how posh?

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2019/04/lincolnshire-police-prepare-plans-for-brexit-fuelled-hate-crimes/

Which part, how posh?

Putney. Gonna start wearing pink shorts and no socks and voting Tory.

Been renting for the last decade round mile end, bow, stratford, hackney wick area. I thought I'd miss it but I don't, at all

Which part, how posh?
Putney. Gonna start wearing pink shorts and no socks and voting Tory.

Been renting for the last decade round mile end, bow, stratford, hackney wick area. I thought I'd miss it but I don't, at all

tory (small t) demographic in the house

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48245499

This Tory/Labour hybrid bastard offspring deal is going to be worse than May's solo deal.

The deal is dead before it's even been hatched.

The 2 main parties are dead.

The Brexit party are going to sweep away with the European Elections and then where do we stand.

Interesting / scary times.

nigel farage is now actually a potential candidate for the leader of this country. britain is such a disgusting place. 

i almost believe he could have been smart enough to see this as a potential outcome to the formation of UKIP. playing the long game. 

Latest YouGov poll from this morning....

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/05/13/european-parliament-voting-intention-brex-34-lab-1

I know you can't believe all the polls, but momentum seems to have certainly swung massively away from the big 2.

Why are Change UK not getting momentum also? What happened to the million or so that marched in London last month?

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Latest YouGov poll from this morning....

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/05/13/european-parliament-voting-intention-brex-34-lab-1

I know you can't believe all the polls, but momentum seems to have certainly swung massively away from the big 2.

Why are Change UK not getting momentum also? What happened to the million or so that marched in London last month?

Change UK seem to be pretty incompetent, have never been impressed by Umunna, seems like an empty suit.

The million or so who marched seem to be well represented in the recent polling, seeing as the majority has steadily shifted to remain now (61% remain vs current deal in last yougov poll; or 44% remain, 28% no deal, 10% current deal in a three-way poll). Even in the MEP polls remain is in the lead.

Edited by caze

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, BCM said:

lib dems are only sane choice imo

Been looking at their manifesto but it is mainly "stop this nonsense" without any detail of what they would want to do after. Pretty much just the opposite of the Brexit Party statement.

They want to "create" a 7.5 billion pound emergeny brexit support fund - how and where from?