IGNORED

2018 Worst Album of the Year Nominations

Richie Sombrero

Marie Davidson - Working Class Woman

Whilst her last album was quite enjoyable in a stripped and basic kind of way, her new one basically retreads exactly the same path but adds quite a nasty, sneering layer of bollocks in the lyrics. Sounds like mid 00's minus or Paranoid London and I've no idea why it's being revered or seen as cool. A turd.

Geotic - Traversa

I heard a sample of "Swiss Bicycle" starting at the 3:12 mark and thought "hmm quite lush Kiasmos/Peter Gabriel techno vibes" and it was only $7 on Bandcamp, which is cheap these days. I just grabbed it but...fuck man, it gets so twee. The guy is fairly talented and I hate slagging too hard but it's just my worst/highest regret nab of 2018

Relistening as I type and it's not so bad. Still calling worst of '18 for me. 

I bookmarked that and never came back. Kind of bummed it's so twee - I felt like his Baths project already did that and this was supposed to be a less vocal focused and more ambient-oriented projected.

Marie Davidson - Working Class Woman

Whilst her last album was quite enjoyable in a stripped and basic kind of way, her new one basically retreads exactly the same path but adds quite a nasty, sneering layer of bollocks in the lyrics. Sounds like mid 00's minus or Paranoid London and I've no idea why it's being revered or seen as cool. A turd.

oh hey I ranted about that same album

kanye west - ye

I didn't even bother listening to all the albums he produced this year. That release was such a dud too. I ain't got time for all of his post-Trump meta pop culture personal life shit either.

That said I liked that poopity scoop song and his interview on Jimmy Kimmel was intriguing. I mean that in a sincerely interested way.

Archived