IGNORED

Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

Lachesi

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imo more than 5 kingdoms is too many kingdoms.

Yeah that's an issue with Game of Thrones. When you're following a million characters and only interested in 50% of them, the show becomes easy to turn off at times. I tend to prefer shows that only follow 2 or 3 main characters or plot threads at a time.

being a music producer

edit: and working with creative things in general. and by that i mean everything from copywriting and marketing to avant garde sculpting

^ waaat?! I’d change my highly intellectual, no-time-to-breath life/career, nobel-price-winner-is-just-a-matter-of-time life/career, non-stop-stressed-to-die life/career for music-non-stop life/career any time maaang!

What tf are you talking about!?

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

MUZIK...NON STOP

can't tell if you're serious, but i'm gonna assume so. there's a zone in-between the two and i'm pretty confident that's where i'll end up. from having friends working in the music industry (and in other creative areas for that matter; am also born into a well-to-do family of musicians and artists), i can confidently say they're more stressed and anxious about work and life in general than i am

Creative 9-5 jobs can be equally exhausting as any other (and they are rarely 9-5, more like 8-8 and include weekends if you get overwhelmed - there is no schedule for creativity)

Most people think being creative is like breathing air

In other words, they think a creative person can come up with concepts, creative directions, ideas just as fast as they talk bullshit

But the worst with it is when everybody else rely on your creative ability to save the day (and projects) while they do minimum effort work

This can be soul wrecking.

The grass is always greener...

We need balance in life

and you have to take it for yourself

everybody else will just drain your qualities

like you're this never-empty well on which they feed

can't tell if you're serious, but i'm gonna assume so. there's a zone in-between the two and i'm pretty confident that's where i'll end up. from having friends working in the music industry (and in other creative areas for that matter; am also born into a well-to-do family of musicians and artists), i can confidently say they're more stressed and anxious about work and life in general than i am

sirius in everything except i doubt i'll win a nobel prize ;)

Creative 9-5 jobs can be equally exhausting as any other (and they are rarely 9-5, more like 8-8 and include weekends if you get overwhelmed - there is no schedule for creativity)

Most people think being creative is like breathing air

In other words, they think a creative person can come up with concepts, creative directions, ideas just as fast as they talk bullshit

But the worst with it is when everybody else rely on your creative ability to save the day (and projects) while they do minimum effort work

This can be soul wrecking.

The grass is always greener...

We need balance in life

and you have to take it for yourself

everybody else will just drain your qualities

like you're this never-empty well on which they feed

well, music is my first love and despite being a musical prodigy my parents never pushed me in that direction, au contraire, they were actively pushing me from that path towards science, ''bc that's shit! no use of art! you have to live off something real son!'' 

so i did and even forget about music for a long time but you cant run from your heart forever. yes, the grass is always greener on the other side but i didnt know that my life will be so stressful... medical-doctoring, sciencing, 24-hours-in-ERing, 2x phd-ing, + 74 diff educations... man! that vs octatracking or guitaring? what are we talking about? it's stressful cause it's all or nothing in my profession

@godwin exactly. went to my mother's yesterday. she's a professional jeweller, and apropos nothing she said she envied everyone who's not working with their hobby, as the very idea of what she thought to be fun and inspiring had become a source of stress and anxiety. not to mention the economic aspect of it all.

@xox i'd contend that's not necessarily the job's fault, but the conditions surrounding the industry. working as a doctor is potentially extremely rewarding, but the demands and expectancies on your work are what's causing problems

@xox i'd contend that's not necessarily the job's fault, but the conditions surrounding the industry. working as a doctor is potentially extremely rewarding, but the demands and expectancies on your work are what's causing problems

Well, another problem is being an md in my country. Many colleagues and close friends of mine ran away from here and went to better organized countries (germany, switzerland, norway, uk...) after working here for yrs and they told me that the level of stress dropped from 167% to 23% for 5 times greater income... so, yes...shall see

Im also a factor here, i know... im highly functional on all fronts, youd never tell that im in stress if youd meet me irl but i do feel that my life could be much better (i know, dont we all?) but another reason is bc im not fully immersed in my job/career bc music is calling me every day, since always, and i neeeeed to make music, i neeeed to be creative in music but i dont have the needed time for it and that makes me miserable sometimes, even feeling ill

Fgs, im writing this in a cafe across my hospital, waiting for my 16hrs shift to begin... :) TIME, my greatest enemy!

man, sounds exhausting. i'm gunning for a 80% employment myself just to avoid all that crap. but there are downsides to that as well, like being expected to have to handle a 100% workload in less hours per week. hope you'll make it work.

ps. it's reasonable to go off topic sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

Archived