IGNORED

Bochum Welt - Seafire [Central Processing Unit]

Uros

^yep, seems to be a mixed bag. First track sounds like it was taken from Good Programs, the second piece sounds like older work. Only thing it really lacks is Interlude to be a proper BW album.

Ol' Bochum is fixin to fall out of my favor and that's really something as a 22 year fan. "Color Me (Mix 2)" is a chopped and screwed "The Garden (and the Chateau)". Just like "Ghost" from the "April EP" was "Marylebone" given the smear treatment. "April EP" wound up being only 1:43 of new music in the form of "Azure" (lush af but still). So now wtf...this 40 minute album gonna actually be 4 minutes of new BW or summat? I used to snicker at the Interlude jokes but I'm getting genuinely peeved at this point. He doesn't owe us anything but fuck. I hate how loving someone's art and gripping onto it so tightly makes you feel like a child in a tantrum. Gotta let it go. Maybe I'll be surprised.

EDIT: ok I just did the soundcloud preview, not the bandcamp. "Mavic 1" is gonna bring it all home for me. Sorry Gian, I'm testy

Edited by xxx

Didn't have a chance to give a listen to the samples when submitted the OP. Was super excited to see a new BW album with titles I was not familiar with. When finally got around SC, it really was like "Whaa, I know this....and this one too....and this". Will probably get this anyway.

20 hours ago, xxx said:

Ol' Bochum is fixin to fall out of my favor and that's really something as a 22 year fan. "Color Me (Mix 2)" is a chopped and screwed "The Garden (and the Chateau)". Just like "Ghost" from the "April EP" was "Marylebone" given the smear treatment. "April EP" wound up being only 1:43 of new music in the form of "Azure" (lush af but still). So now wtf...this 40 minute album gonna actually be 4 minutes of new BW or summat? I used to snicker at the Interlude jokes but I'm getting genuinely peeved at this point. He doesn't owe us anything but fuck. I hate how loving someone's art and gripping onto it so tightly makes you feel like a child in a tantrum. Gotta let it go. Maybe I'll be surprised.

EDIT: ok I just did the soundcloud preview, not the bandcamp. "Mavic 1" is gonna bring it all home for me. Sorry Gian, I'm testy

Pretty much my feelings, also because I'm sure he has some killer unreleased tracks in his archive. Wish there was more stuff like Mavic 1 buy hey, super happy anyway as this was very unexpected!

I needed this, finally something to looking forward to in this boring summer...

• Like 1

"CPU is proud to release the new studio album from acclaimed artist Bochum Welt - ‘Seafire’.

For this new album, Gianluigi Di Costanzo, aka Bochum Welt, devoted himself to the pursuit of creating new sounds, using old monster synthesizers to produce original compositions.

This album is an evolution of the electronic style which characterized Bochum Welt’s releases on Aphex Twin's Rephlex label. ‘Seafire’ collects futuristic electro / ambient tracks, alternated with cinematic soundscapes."

Dunno what to make of press release, when part of the stuff is not so new as it makes you think. :mellow:

41 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

so their catalog # are in binary so what they can only release 255 records? they're at 79 now

Pretty sure I read somewhere they were going to wrap up the label after binary runs out.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:59 PM, brian trageskin said:

off-topic: i'm looking for a mix that bochum did years ago that featured an analord tune (can't remember which one) with extra harmony on top of it. the mix was 35 min-ish iirc. 

anyone got any idea about this? i'm quite sure he made that mix around the time R.O.B. was released so that would be 2008. what platform was used, what for etc. i really can't remember. i just know i downloaded the mp3 back then. that analord mashup really was the tits. 

I asked Gianluigi via his BW facebookpage if he has plans to release the other two tracks of Scharlach Eingang digitally too (makes no sense to release only half of an EP right?). He explained he doesn't hold the rights for the two other tracks. 
In terms of his Kromode work he told me he might release them in a form "in the future".  

On 7/4/2019 at 6:47 PM, BCM said:

only just seen this and vinyl sold out already ?

their bandcamp sells out fast but there will be available copies at other vendors closer to the release date.

• 1 month later...

hey can anyone explain those bonus tracks on the module 2 release on bandcamp and spotify. like the track "chicago" some of the best bochum i've ever heard. where did it come from? am I just being stupid but I don't think it's on my ol module 2 rephlex CD