IGNORED

We Are The Music Makers | Volume Two (PLANNING & DISCUSSION)

Joyrex

On 9/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, chim said:

What are the plans for mastering? There are loads of affordable services that include reel tape transfers and other cool stuff. I even saw a service on fiverr that cuts the master tape into pieces so you could include a snippet in the first CD package batch. 

Not sure what you mean by 'including a snippet in the first CD package batch'?

As for mastering plans, I do want this one to be professionally mastered (or at least done by someone who knows what they're doing).

17 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Not sure what you mean by 'including a snippet in the first CD package batch'?

As for mastering plans, I do want this one to be professionally mastered (or at least done by someone who knows what they're doing).

They send you the actual master TAPE.

You cut it into "X" pieces and each CD is bundled with a piece of the tape.  Cool nostalgic gift.

I tied up a few of my zines with tape from a cassette of mine.

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

They send you the actual master TAPE.

You cut it into "X" pieces and each CD is bundled with a piece of the tape.  Cool nostalgic gift.

I tied up a few of my zines with tape from a cassette of mine.

They still use analogue tapes in the mastering process? I would think they would have phased that out for an all-digital workflow...

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

They still use analogue tapes in the mastering process? I would think they would have phased that out for an all-digital workflow...

Outboard gear is a priority for studios in their quest for the elusive Mojo™, usually through the subtle sweetening of tubes and transformers. Digital processes are mostly preferred for surgical fixes or loudness efforts. This doesn't necessarily involve any tape, that's just some icing on the cake in case it flatters the music. High tape speeds are cleaner than you'd expect - some super audiophile labels only release on reel tapes and even Lady Gaga opted for it on the Joanne album. I suspect there are more than a few here who like the sound... maybe not all.

I'm still trying to get the storage issues for the forum in general sorted out - plus I've got a potentially big thing in the works if it comes to fruition that might delay this... but trust me, this is like Autechre AAA or Caustic Window Kickstarter levels. If it doesn't pan out then WATMM Volume 2 will be the priority.

Stay tuned!

• Like 4

This sounds great, I am an animator and a designer and can make some T-shirt designs as well as video loops for insta or youtube or whatever you like to have as video promo material(think Weirdcore, or whatever). Pm me for details. And I do have a couple of tracks that suite this idea I hope you like em, will post them later.

Edited by Andon Hristov Seldt
give the druma soem

7 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Women are from Venus, Aphex is from ....

Cornwall! Did I guess it? Did I? DID I? :yeah:

1 hour ago, xox said:

If my track get released will i be important like afx? Joyrex, make us important for once! Do the vinyl, tshirts and logo stamps all over London! 

We're gonna fly a WATMM blimp over London that will drop little strips of reel to reel tape... for the fans.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcbpete said:

Nope ... the answer was: Ireland 

Thanks for playing !

womp womp

Pedant: he was born in Ireland, but was raised in Cornwall. Now lives in Scotland!

I wonder if he goes around for sugar at Hexagon Sun?

On 9/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, Joyrex said:

plus I've got a potentially big thing in the works if it comes to fruition that might delay this... but trust me, this is like Autechre AAA or Caustic Window Kickstarter levels.

Official WATMM endorsement of Andrew Yang? (and fundraiser compilation)