8 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

He's only ahead by 8K votes in nevada so far though

All the in-person votes there have been counted, all that's left is mail in ballots which should massively favour Biden. He's just going to increase his margin MI and WI too.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, caze said:

All the in-person votes there have been counted, all that's left is mail in ballots which should massively favour Biden. He's just going to increase his margin MI and WI too.

And Arizona just changed to Biden with 99% votes counted!!

Thank fuck ?

Or wait Arizona was already dem? I’m confusing myself with all the different sources sorry ☹️ 

• Like 1

Yeah, Arizona has been with Biden from the beginning practically, not everyone has called it for him, and the gap has narrowed, but looking very unlikely Trump can close it.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

And Arizona just changed to Biden with 99% votes counted!!

Thank fuck ?

Or wait Arizona was already dem? I’m confusing myself with all the different sources sorry ☹️ 

Arizona is like the hybrid of New Mexico (reliably Blue but with lot of conservatives) and Texas (reliably Red but with a lot of liberals). It's a big deal that he won there IMO. There's some very right-wing pockets of the SW in general.

This feels like a college football game in OT. I hate it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:
8 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’ll stop posting and just wait lol. 
anxiety 

Man it's sad that you have to worry so much about your Southern neighbor. I'm sorry we are such a pain in the ass.

The last 4 years has been interesting and sad here - although where I live has always been decidedly more conservative, under trump the last 4 years all of the racists and nutters have found a voice in the mainstream, lots of people I thought were friends find it acceptable to be anti immigrant racist dicks out in the open, they buy into lots of propaganda and anti media stuff etc. His presidency has normalized shit that was at least before hidden here lol. Le-sigh 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’ll stop posting and just wait lol. 
anxiety 

It's all good friend! Totally understand and sympathize. Having to work today in a separate hectic environment while simultaneously having a panic attack over all this shit. It's a lot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Texas (reliably Red but with a lot of liberals).

fuckin Texas man...can't believe I bought into the hype that this might be the year for the state to turn blue. just looked at the election results map by county and sure enough, red everywhere but near the big cities and the RGV. 

36 minutes ago, caze said:

I also saw that the majority of the mail-in ballots in NV are from the only two counties that are for Biden (the counties with large cities).

1 hour ago, zero said:

fuckin Texas man...can't believe I bought into the hype that this might be the year for the state to turn blue. just looked at the election results map by county and sure enough, red everywhere but near the big cities and the RGV. 

the kicker is the turnout is so much better, that's the shitty thing about being a "purple state"

keep in mind most of those red counties literally have smaller populations than a large apartment complex or subdivision in a blue metropolitan county

Texas didn't flip as many seats as 2018 but it didn't lose any either. GOP turnout was upped by MAGA stans who would not have bothered to vote for Romney or McCain previously.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

Yeah blue showing in TX is huge all things considered, demographics will probably flip it over the next decade.

just in time to make sure americans get a 47th stimulus check to get us through the corona virus pandemic

El90_BDU4AEg59u?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 6
  • Burger 1

4 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Yeah blue showing in TX is huge all things considered, demographics will probably flip it over the next decade.

Not likely - next year is a congressional redistricting session where the Republican-controlled legislature will redraw districts in their favor for future assurance of dominance. This was the democrat's best chance in 20 years to flip Texas, and it failed. Probably will be at least 20-30 more years before the chance happens again unless there is some huge upheaval politically to affect the status quo.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Not likely - next year is a congressional redistricting session where the Republican-controlled legislature will redraw districts in their favor for future assurance of dominance. This was the democrat's best chance in 20 years to flip Texas, and it failed. Probably will be at least 20-30 more years before the chance happens again unless there is some huge upheaval politically to affect the status quo.

I thought Texas awarded electoral votes based on the state's popular vote? They do it based on districts?

I really don't get the winner takes all for each state. If it's 60/40 in a state, wouldn't it be more beneficial and representative for the population to let the losing party get around 40% of the electoral votes? What's the rationale with winner takes it all?

• Like 5