IGNORED

Bocumentary

BoomTssPhace

Someone made a really quite great 80 min video about BOC's work that's not nearly as lame as it sounds. Made me emotional tbh. Might be rather "tell me something i dont know" for a few of you but it's still very well put together

• Like 10

I think the documentary is fantastic, the visuals are perfect and I also enjoy how it's all just music with no talking... however I much prefer this one, I think the narrator does a phenomenal job getting all the information across. Both are worth watching but if you only want to watch one, I suggest this one.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

just watched this. a bit simplistic but really good vibes, and it's easy to see a lot of love went into it. i particularly enjoyed the rundown of the TH campaign - it's nice to see it from start to finish like that, as i only remember bits and pieces of it.

i was also very excited to see something i wrote on bocpages.org explicitly used! makes me feel like a movie star.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, demo said:

I think the documentary is fantastic, the visuals are perfect and I also enjoy how it's all just music with no talking... however I much prefer this one, I think the narrator does a phenomenal job getting all the information across. Both are worth watching but if you only want to watch one, I suggest this one.

I found this BOC doc a bit hard to watch because of the very amateurish narration. There are a couple of unintentionally funny bits and quite hilarious mispronounciations and misnomers ("Autecture",   "B. O. C.", Geodaddy", "Edenburg" ...) in there too, so at first, I was honestly asking myself if it was some sort of speech software. But apparently it was a school project that was pulled off in 48 hours, so that's still impressive and a nice entrypoint to the rabbithole.

Edit: Nvm, I see there's an extended and remastered version that you linked to. Haven't watched that one yet.

Edited by IDEM

I love that picture of Mike as he holds his palm to the camera. I think it’s one of the best photos I’ve ever seen within my realm of favourite artists. There seems a lot of weary wisdom in his face, and his eyes are fathoms deep of multitudes I can’t even explain. No doubt I would wish to have a glass of beer and a yarn with him.

Edited by beerwolf

13 hours ago, IDEM said:

I found this BOC doc a bit hard to watch because of the very amateurish narration. There are a couple of unintentionally funny bits and quite hilarious mispronounciations and misnomers ("Autecture",   "B. O. C.", Geodaddy", "Edenburg" ...) in there too, so at first, I was honestly asking myself if it was some sort of speech software. But apparently it was a school project that was pulled off in 48 hours, so that's still impressive and a nice entrypoint to the rabbithole.

Edit: Nvm, I see there's an extended and remastered version that you linked to. Haven't watched that one yet.

Yeah the remaster is excellent, they re recorded their voice and added some extra stuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

What a great documentary, I somehow missed this thread before.  Just sat and watched the whole thing, really well put together and makes me realise I have not listened to any BoC in a while now.

The whole XXXXX/etc thing was pretty nuts wasn't it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

and makes me realise I have not listened to any BoC in a while now.

Same. I need new material (as in an album not a few remixes) to reignite my interest in them. For quite some time BOC has been almost totally dormant in Camp Beerwolf. 

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, beerwolf said:

Same. I need new material (as in an album not a few remixes) to reignite my interest in them. For quite some time BOC has been almost totally dormant in Camp Beerwolf. 

I've been obsessively seeking out BoC esque stuff in the meantime, I could send you some playlists

13 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

I've been obsessively seeking out BoC esque stuff in the meantime, I could send you some playlists

This would be fantastic. Lately I’ve gone a bit stale with seeking out new music. I'm stuck in the doldrums recently, lost on windless waters. 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:27 PM, joshuatxuk said:

How about making a post about it? Interested whether there's anything I don't know about.

Nice. I actually had the "Ferric Bliss" and "VHS Headcleaner" playlists in an ordered sequence for the first few dozen songs but then I just started throwing other tracks in. You could probably play them on shuffle in other words.

Doubt if they were all precise BoC soundalikes I would bother to listen to all 500 tracks! Guess It’s all about the vibe man. Also cool to listen to a longtime watmm posters record selection. 30 tracks each day. So far 1991, Toro Y Moi, Pale Sketcher and Orchid Mantis are my top picks from the first 30. Might revisit the Matthewdavid track as I remember being in a rush for something and realising it was 20 minutes long!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Not to derail the thread but I'm a big fan of his. Mindflight (2013) is one of my all time favourite ambient albums - check it out if you can find it. It's not on his bandcamp or youtube for some reason, and more recently he has been releasing albums as "Matthewdavid's Mindflight" which makes it even harder to search for, but you'll be glad you did

• Thanks 1