IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Where are you buying those delicious sounding things!!!! lol! I can't imagine finding those anywhere here.

I'm working for the same company. It was a "half" promotion. It's for the same company. It was a move to a position with only a slightly higher pay scale but they explained the move to me as one for preparing me to take over my boss's position when he retires. Essentially he has 5-7 years left with the company and they want to keep my interested to keep me around until he leaves.

So I've gone from being the plant super to the dreaded "health and safety coordinator".

I'll be managing bigger budgetary items and will have my hands in the regulatory side of my business. I'm super excited and well pleased that they're investing in me as in the past they've treated me poorly. They've done a 180.

On top of that they will pay for me to get extra education and certifications on their dime AND time. =O

Managed to sell off a real bumper crop of raspberries from my friends property. We've been specifically pruning, training and rowing it the last two years for maximum pick-ability and it's been a real treat this season to see it literally come to fruition. Took me a solid morning and part of the afternoon of picking the rows to get 10 pounds, but they sell for a shocking amount so it was more than worth it. Damn good raspberries. Can't wait to do blackberries later in the season, there is a veritable plantation out there that's all for the pickin's.

the vet told me my rabbit is in very good physical condition and in fact has "perfect teeth".

i've also managed to keep a rose bush alive, i am accomplished at looking after living things!

What is your rabbit's name? We gotta get a pic of it on here for the dawwww factor. Always great to get a clean bill of health for the furry friends.

Rose growing/proper pruning/propagation is a secret hobby of mine, one tip -- using organic aloe vera juice (no preservatives besides maybe a slight bit of citric acid) at 1/4 cup per gallon of water (sorry for the American measurements) along with a tablespoon of freeze-dried coconut water powder per gallon every 10 days or so in your watering routine or as needed once or twice a month. This will do more for your plants than most (if not every) fertilizer as long as your soil is healthy. Seriously, the cytokinins from the coconut water lead to increased branching and increased flowering sites/nodes, while the aloe stimulates the plant's systemic acquired response leading to a huge immune boost, differently expressed genes and higher micro-life in the soil from saponins wetting the soil deeper for longer.

I started foliar spraying my gardens with a mix of aloe, essential oil blend for pest management, and a slight amount of potassium silicate to emulsify the oil into the solution - that, along with a top-dressing of kelp, neem meal, shrimp meal, crimson clover seed, vermicompost and straw = THE BEST FUCKING ROSE GROWTH AND HAPPINESS EVER DURING THE GROWING SEASON. Sorry if that was a little much. I get excited about gardening.

started using beard oil and I feel quite lush.

A couple of you are already aware, but I finally started using Max/MSP (Max 7) today...after about 13 years of FL Studio. It's like comparing learning to play with Lego(s) for the first time to learning how to play with G.I. Joe action figures from the '80s for the first time.

Only have a basic time-stretched drum loop patch so far, but I gotta start somewhere.

Congrats Bech!! Do you get some time off work etc to get fully unpacked and settled in?

When I moved, I didn't have much time to settle in. So I lived out of boxes for awhile.

I figured out how to do pulsewidth modulation on a guitar:

Picking 12 frets above a note makes a squarewave-like note (almost bassoon-like)

And if you gradually pick from that fret down to the bridge you'll hear the waveshape transform in a linear, PWM-like way

Bought a new bike and I rode it all day. Not sexually.

Congrats Bech!! Do you get some time off work etc to get fully unpacked and settled in?

When I moved, I didn't have much time to settle in. So I lived out of boxes for awhile.

I've been slowly moving all my stuff (95% cds 5% everything else) up since I bought the place but now I fully live here, had the day off to see an engineer about an internet wire.

I've got a lot of boxes still! None of the CDs are leaving their boxes until I get eight hundred CD racks to keep them all in. Welp.

Scored another obsolete computer for cheap. Hey, it supports virtualization, has a pretty display, and is 50% faster than what I'm working with now. Fuck modern technology!

Also I am pleasantly drunk. I swear it had nothing to do with the decision.

I was pleasantly drunk when I pulled the trigger on the Malekko B:Assmaster distortion pedal. I am not regretting the decision, although it's the most I've ever dropped on a pedal.

MLKO-BRSMSTGRM-2.jpg

I just listened to The Dankward Spiral for the first time in 15 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. it kind of blew me away a little actually, I was hearing things in there that I don't remember at all. after just skimming all the post-Fragile output for the last x years and growing increasingly weary with the extra-emoting Trent I had sort of tarnished the earlier work in my mind, but this record is a stone-cold classic and much better than I remember.

I worked and then I got paid.

Being an adult doesn't sucks that much.

Isn't it amazing?

Input = Output

Edit: relatively speaking

Edited by StephenG

I worked and then I got paid.

Being an adult doesn't sucks that much.

Isn't it amazing?

Input = Output

Edit: relatively speaking

I can tell your learning things in your econ classes stephen :doge: