IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mark808

My track 'away away' is 2:04 and is basically some slow guitar strumming with an echoey background.

Lions Manor is 5:22. I can't even describe what it sounds like other than it sounds like horror movie music! There are long gaps of silence. It's atmospheric with some distant vocals and rave stabs, strings and the odd jazzy bit. There is no beat at all.

Guest Miblo

Wow, I didn't know that. I beg your pardon, Bambi!

whatcha showin' us there Miblo? lol

lol. I couldn't be arsed scrolling down my own message so figured I'd better not put you lot through it.

My personal fave is Your Smiling Face btw. I like his screams on it, those Ric Flair yelps of joy/anguish. A good release from Planet Bambi.

Lesley: May I remind you that those 'idiots' are being redirected here to find answers and will sign up to beat you up as well as get the final parts of the tracks...

I've asked if we can coordinate this in a thread, as Miblo requested. We'll see what the outcome is. If it's ok'd perhaps start another thread for the track parts, maybe. Or just use this one.

Guest Miblo

Haha! I hadn't heard of Bambi, to be fair to all my fellow idiots.

And thanks for your .wavs, man. They're on their way to the usual place where a full .wav mix is already waiting for them. This ain't to say the mix is full. I'm beginning to think all 22 track 2s are supposed to be mixed together, duplicates and all, to create the perfect balance. (And of course I'm going to mix all track 1s together too.)

Regarding My Love Is a Bulldozer (on-topic!), I feel like it's Aaron's most personal record to date. Those titles, his singing, solo guitar of '8am Union Station' – someone confirm that's him playing – and this awesome 'Lions Manor' treasure hunt laying bare the inner workings of a VS track.

Guest Mark808

So sounds like there could bea few different bonus track 1's and perhaps different versions of Lions manor? Surely it's not stripped into 22 parts! However we do know a few people got the same track 1 right? So I reckon there may not be 22 bonus tracks in total. Could be 22 discs with some rarer tracks and some more common.

Guest Miblo

I've asked if we can coordinate this in a thread, as Miblo requested. We'll see what the outcome is. If it's ok'd perhaps start another thread for the track parts, maybe. Or just use this one.

Wow, thank you, delet…! Hope you get the Go Show. And I agree it could be good to start a new thread, hopefully with a list of all 22 permutations stickied. Maybe.

that would be the best, then ppl can mix it however they wanted to. And we'd be able to tick off every one.

I'm unlikely to get a reply straight away, just be aware of that. nwae, i'm off.

My personal fave is Your Smiling Face btw. I like his screams on it, those Ric Flair yelps of joy/anguish. A good release from Planet Bambi.

Lesley: May I remind you that those 'idiots' are being redirected here to find answers and will sign up to beat you up as well as get the final parts of the tracks...

Yes, the "Woooo!" is marvellous, I always laugh at the start of that track with what sounds like someone saying "Yis"

Yeah bring it!

Aaron does a Rephlex-style interview about releasing music, which sort of explains why he doesn't want a subforum here:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2119

The only thing I can think of when reading that is that I won't buy this album 'because peoples reactions to that is that it was my intention to buy a product of Aaron, which is really not my intention whatsoever. I fucking hate buying music.'

(Not true ofcourse, I'm about to buy this right now, but c'mon)

OK, my listening spot where I was sitting for the previous eight years, it was as if there was this sine wave running through it where half the frequencies were gone. I had some different theories—maybe it was some kind of time split, or there's some parallel universe that got slightly out of synch with this one, and maybe I'm in the other one hearing the other half of the frequencies. I don't know. I tried all sorts of shit. There is still no scientific explanation for it. I basically had to move my whole studio and set it up again.

For real?

Yeah, for real. In that place there is just a void. It's bizarre. And it's right where I was. I don't know what I did to do that, but that happened.

lel

Cutting to the chase, Is this album any good?

when the chase has been cut and all is said and done by the end of the day....

yes. it is good.

There are a few tracks that are bareboned strings with vocals that you think might launch into a breakbeat assault but never do. Others are balls to the wall drum chaos rarrrrrr. This is a slightly more serious Snares, more personal as has already been said, but there are flickers of humour such as in Amazon.

His lyrics have grown on me, I quite like the inclusion of his singing now. Great work overall, very strong album.

Yes, the "Woooo!" is marvellous, I always laugh at the start of that track with what sounds like someone saying "Yis"

Yeah bring it!

Yeah I love them screams as well! Think his vocals on this album allround are fuking awesome, This album is shaping up to one of my favs from Mr Funk.

Yeah... So this is an instant favorite. V is consistently amazing. I stand in awe of the work that goes into every song. Such beauty. Feels great in my ear holes. She Runs is my favorite atm.

Archived