IGNORED

Squarepusher's bank balance

Twelvetrees

Has it ever publically been said how much Tom gets for shows or live sessions? When you take into account that his fanbase is small and niche, that his recent tours look costly to run and all the general ways in which musicians miss out on money...how much could he be earning?

I'm curious since I found out that Autechre have jobs, as they seem to have a bigger fanbase than Tom and still need to work.

I'm curious since I found out that Autechre have jobs

lol where did you read that?

Here on WATMM...someone said that one is an architect and the other is a sound engineer. Seemed to fit with Autechre.

I'm curious since I found out that Autechre have jobs

lol where did you read that?

Here on WATMM...someone said that one is an architect and the other is a sound engineer. Seemed to fit with Autechre.

lol

To quote Sean:

architects are worse than rockstars + i know nothing about architecture

And re: piracy:

tbh i don't care at all as long as we get enough to live on

Now unless you have a better source, I call total bullshit. Also, more importantly, what does it matter to you / us (in case of Autechre, Squarepusher or anybody)?

Has it ever publically been said how much Tom gets for shows or live sessions? When you take into account that his fanbase is small and niche, that his recent tours look costly to run and all the general ways in which musicians miss out on money...how much could he be earning?

I'm curious since I found out that Autechre have jobs, as they seem to have a bigger fanbase than Tom and still need to work.

Write to Warp, tell them you're doing a festival, ask how much he costs.

Ah right, sorry 'bout that. I'm just curious about what artists with small sales and niche fanbases would make.

To be honest, they make a lot more than most people would think.

I've heard from a good source what BoC made for Tomorrow's Harvest and it's quite nice.

From what I understand though, most artists get their big money from touring. I imagine somewhere in the area of 40-50k per gig for bigger venues. <<<< that should say festivals.

edit: I read somewhere that was afx going rate when he was touring early 2000s but I can't confirm that and since I don't remember the source it's basically useless numbers lol.

Ah right, sorry 'bout that. I'm just curious about what artists with small sales and niche fanbases would make.

To be honest, they make a lot more than most people would think.

I've heard from a good source what BoC made for Tomorrow's Harvest and it's quite nice.

From what I understand though, most artists get their big money from touring. I imagine somewhere in the area of 40-50k per gig for bigger venues.

edit: I read somewhere that was afx going rate when he was touring early 2000s but I can't confirm that and since I don't remember the source it's basically useless numbers lol.

yeah i got REAL CONCERNED when i read that autechre had to work day jobs. i know some guys in bands with broader appeal but certainly not the dedicated base and they pull 20-30K for festivals. i don't know their tour numbers but Autechre, Squarepusher, RDJ, can probably ask for 3-4X that for festivals and can pick any one they want to go to. and when they tour they can probably make decent sums every night. plus occasional licensing/colllabos/etc. i can't imagine they're not totally comfortable and maybe even sorta rich.

yeah album sales a effed these days but i think the smarter artists have made the necessary adjustments. they're not U2 rich but they're doing quite well.

you should choose a different profession

.....yeh fuk this I'ma just make trap.

you've probably got about a year max before it dies out and gets replaced by another trendy throwaway micro-genre

Total bullshit, dawg.

Rob's a parking attendant in Essex and Sean is a traffic light engineer who sets the times on the transitions between amber and green on the M8. They're both part time and work pro-rata. Even though they work in different areas of England they swap shift patterns, allowing one of them to be at home making tunes at any given time.

Total bullshit, dawg.

Rob's a parking attendant in Essex and Sean is a traffic light engineer who sets the times on the transitions between amber and green on the M8. They're both part time and work pro-rata. Even though they work in different areas of England they swap shift patterns, allowing one of them to be at home making tunes at any given time.

Not true.

They are both bag boys at Tesco.

• 2 weeks later...

ae wouldn't need day jobs unless they wanted some extra cash in the retirement fund i'm sure. i'd be very surprised if they didn't have enough to live off from their music. same goes for pearsquasher

i don't think these guys are as obscure as you think. they're all pretty well recognised.

But AE barely make any live events don't they? as far as I know, most musicians make a living from the live shows, dj'ing and so on, and selling records are just a small extra nowadays. Can AE sell enough records in between releases to not need a job? Probably, considering they've been puting records almost yearly, or I would say yearly counting small EP's and compilations.

i once found a picture of someone doing a really menial job that looked a bit like Squarepusher.

that would go really well in this thread. or even some kind of a description, if i could remember what it was.

*drums fingertips on table and stares into space while making raspberry noises*

Archived