12 hours ago, exitonly said:

that article is over the top. 

yeah. that was my take. it's like 50/50. some of it sounds reasonable and some of it is "i know i'm not supposed to tell a woman to calm down but calm the fuck down"

seems like she could've waited a day and done another draft. some of her other pieces are quite good and tap into something i appreciate and are less sensationalized

edit: this one is more about numbers and analyzing data/actual death rates from covid 19

https://jessicawildfire.substack.com/p/we-dont-really-know-covids-true-death

stuff we've know i guess. .from reading over the pandemic but less talked about now it seems. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

Yesterday started feeling it. Luckily it isn’t a terrible case (largely thanks to multiple jabs) but for me it’s like a foggy cold with MASSIVE fatigue and some mild joint pain, pain coughing up stuff, etc. My wife has similar symptoms but so far our toddler seems more or less ok. Herbal tea and honey is really nice right now  

The gingerbread house building party superspreader event my wife threw (which I strongly advised her not to do) was ground zero and so far like 14 of the 18 people there have covid now, one of which went to a nursing home the following day. 
Whatever anyone tells you, this new variant is super contagious, spreads very fast and in our experience shows symptoms within 24-48 hours after exposure. Well confirmed. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Yesterday started feeling it. Luckily it isn’t a terrible case (largely thanks to multiple jabs) but for me it’s like a foggy cold with MASSIVE fatigue and some mild joint pain, pain coughing up stuff, etc. My wife has similar symptoms but so far our toddler seems more or less ok. Herbal tea and honey is really nice right now  

The gingerbread house building party superspreader event my wife threw (which I strongly advised her not to do) was ground zero and so far like 14 of the 18 people there have covid now, one of which went to a nursing home the following day. 
Whatever anyone tells you, this new variant is super contagious, spreads very fast and in our experience shows symptoms within 24-48 hours after exposure. Well confirmed. 

faster symptom onset would be a good thing imo. part of the initial problem was people spreading it around for days before they knew they were sick

• Like 3

I had 2 days asymptomatic. The person who we believe burned us was younger and probably went out partying on NYE and was asymptomatic on the first and then sick as fuck by the afternoon of the 2nd. I tested positive on the 2nd after less than 24hrs of contact and then started feeling mild symptoms the following night. 

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Was afraid the ex dosed me on NYE, guess it’s just a regular bug ? 

E1174B30-1A83-4109-9D81-4EE7A3780BC4.jpeg

I have 2 of those same cards with 2 red lines. It showed up instantly. Same with the Biden tests. 

• Like 1

From what I've read, your best shot at an accurate test reading is 5 days after the exposure (assuming you know when it was). My friend was horribly sick for a day before getting a positive test reading the following day.

So it's pretty hard to stay on top of this thing. I think during a time like right now when it's spreading in huge numbers again, it's wise to just keep a mask on and act like you or anyone could have it, as we were doing in the beginning. Yay

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 3

Started losing my sense of smell/taste 2 nights ago (3 days after testing positive) and for the following 2 days couldn’t taste shit: strong curry = n/a , garlic = n/a , onion sandwich = n/a . 
Finally was able to taste my burrito tonight. I was able to get up and mow the lawn today. I’m definitely rounding the corner. My baby is coughing a lot now tho ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Got a bug, though it was RSV, may just have been the flu, it turned into bronchitis. Two and a half weeks of feeling like shit and coughing like I smoke 3 packs a day. It's rough out there.

• 2 weeks later...

cool.

https://www.archyde.com/studies-give-cause-for-concern-lauterbach-warns-of-incurable-immune-deficiency-caused-by-corona/?

STUDIES GIVE CAUSE FOR CONCERN
LAUTERBACH WARNS OF INCURABLE IMMUNE DEFICIENCY CAUSED BY CORONA

01/21/2023 06:42 am

Anyone who gets infected with corona more often runs the risk of developing an incurable immune deficiency. According to Health Minister Lauterbach, this is indicated by various studies that are currently being further researched. As a result, the risk of chronic diseases such as dementia would increase.

According to Federal Minister of Health Karl Lauterbach, several corona infections in one person can have serious consequences for the immune system. “It is worrying what we observe in people who have had several corona infections. Studies now show very clearly that those affected are often dealing with an immune deficiency that can no longer be cured,” said Lauterbach of the Düsseldorf “Rheinische Post”. .

“This can be a risk factor for the development of chronic diseases, from cardiovascular problems to dementia,” emphasized the minister. “As I said, that’s not certain yet, it’s being intensively researched. I’m following the studies and discussing them with experts. This shows that if someone has a severely aged immune system after two infections, it’s advisable that they avoid further Covid infections,” said Lauterbach.

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Interested in how they distinguished between people with an immune deficiency before multiple corona infections and people developing an immune deficiency after having multiple corona infections. Because, arguably, you’d think there would be a pre-existing immune deficiency in order to have multiple infections. Normally your immune system grows stronger. Not weaker. By having some exercise.  Unless there are some other factors involved. Like growing old…

( read: my spider senses explode after reading such an article. Doesn't look like good information to me)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Interested in how they distinguished between people with an immune deficiency before multiple corona infections and people developing an immune deficiency after having multiple corona infections. Because, arguably, you’d think there would be a pre-existing immune deficiency in order to have multiple infections. Normally your immune system grows stronger. Not weaker. By having some exercise.  Unless there are some other factors involved. Like growing old…

( read: my spider senses explode after reading such an article. Doesn't look like good information to me)

hard to say and more info on it would be nice. i know people who were infected more than once and seem fine. but i guess the article is saying ?maybe not" and the immune system takes a pounding.

there's a lot in this thread about long term affects in vax'd and unvax'd people. the inflammation, heart damage and stuff like that which seems different than what they're talking about except maybe it does the same kind of thing to the immune system? maybe that's where long covid comes from?  i'm sure one day we'll know what's happening at the genetic level and what makes someone more/less susceptible to worse conditions and long covid etc. but we're not there yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

hard to say and more info on it would be nice. i know people who were infected more than once and seem fine. but i guess the article is saying ?maybe not" and the immune system takes a pounding.

there's a lot in this thread about long term affects in vax'd and unvax'd people. the inflammation, heart damage and stuff like that which seems different than what they're talking about except maybe it does the same kind of thing to the immune system? maybe that's where long covid comes from?  i'm sure one day we'll know what's happening at the genetic level and what makes someone more/less susceptible to worse conditions and long covid etc. but we're not there yet. 

Yeah. I think the hard thing is that during this pandemic we've had a number of times where premature conclusions were drawn from only a few results from studies which didn't even got peer reviewed. Or so-called pre-publications. But I'm sure science is working hard on it. And there might be some results pointing in this direction (immune system showing aging effects after a number of corona infections.). I'm afraid we might be still a number of years away before science can make any hard conclusions. If only for the fact that long term effects take a long time to unfold.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Yeah. I think the hard thing is that during this pandemic we've had a number of times where premature conclusions were drawn from only a few results from studies which didn't even got peer reviewed. Or so-called pre-publications. But I'm sure science is working hard on it. And there might be some results pointing in this direction (immune system showing aging effects after a number of corona infections.). I'm afraid we might be still a number of years away before science can make any hard conclusions. If only for the fact that long term effects take a long time to unfold.

some will be making conclusions prematurely, others will be theorising, proposing ideas, and be taken to be premature conclusions because most people are looking for absolutes without realising there's a long refinement and reassessment, or intentionally seeking elements that support their own bias if twisted or removed from context for their own distorted purposes.

this will be science front and centre in people's lives when it's usually not.

beyond most of our experience or expertise, and taking us all a while to adjust to considering those issues and systems that are long-established but and probably the greatest example of something that's more often uncertain than not. they're assumed to be easy to understand because the talking points are the tail-end of what's being undertaken, the simplified and condensed communication of it as it currently may be, and there will be public attempts that amount to the inexperienced acclimatising to how ongoing study works.

we've seen something similar with politics in the last few years, and people whose backs have been put up by the need for sudden unusual intervention with measures ... highlighting party or governmental politics being beyond most people's daily concerns, when these things are always shifting or appearing and impacting lives in the background, but don't require such public and wholesale announcements because they're not so immediately relevant to everyone.

we will see long covid continually return to public attention over the decades.

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I remember finding some really suspicious documents in the depths of the net during the beginning of the outbreak which pointed to wuhan labs months before the news hit, showing a mutation of covid listed in their data long before they put out the news. it's fucking weird

Edited by chronical