IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

So, according to what he says, in these two years they have reworked and updated the liveset: what they play live represents Ae actuality. I would be curious, at this point, to know how the new set would have been 2 years ago, if there hadn't been the covid between the balls

• Farnsworth 1

Senni has his own sound, does his own thing.

From previous interviews and this AMA (comments about OPN especially) i feel that Sean respect that more than anything else.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

one of the most interesting takeaways for me was that he's still not in an album-based mindset, that sign and plus were merely accidents that happened on the side and that the format isn't how they were introduced to music anyway, rather 12"s and mixes.

so no point in holding one's breath in that regard i guess.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

so they're still using hardware ? 

one more thing: considering he's claiming to more or less exclusively using max these days at the same time it seems fair to deduce that these tracks are rob's.

Just now, NewSchoolScience said:

What was all that shit about Morbius? Lol

internet doing meme-things.

• Like 2

Not sure if Mogwai have ever done or will do a AMA but I think any BOC questions are best put to them than Autechre. There were a few questions coming through which Sean just ignored. I get the feeling he’s knows as much as we do. And tbh isn’t that interested.

This live AMA was a wise move by Sean as he came across really well ? ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WhitleyStriber said:

Uploaded all current VOD's -- they are processing now and should work within the hour.

thanks for this. makes watching simpler.

• Like 1

I missed all of this hype, thanks for grabbing Whitley, will get on it. House looks like he's in Norway?

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

Cool bit about Coil too.

Sleazy asked for some bits so I sent him some beats - he said they sounded finished. Lol.

Maybe Rob should have done the beats instead?

Also the Coil remix that never got released. Nice and insightful as always

3 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I missed all of this hype, thanks for grabbing Whitley, will get on it. House looks like he's in Norway?

Yeah look like he's living here now...

22 hours ago, thefxbip said:

Just catched mention about GRM.

Now thats exciting.

Yeah I asked a few questions about a possible upcoming live show in france and he talked about Paris GRM, guess he was talking about a possible show at IRCAM ? I hate Paris but I would certainly go !

edit : My bad, INA GRM is still a thing, nothing to do with IRCAM.

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2

I literally clapped when he mentioned Beavis and Butthead being his favorite work by Mike Judge.

Also he pretty much confirmed he uses software exclusively these days.

And fuck mosquitoes. Little c**ts have been eating me alive lately too.

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 2

watching back the first hour which i missed live..

one little part where sean goes a bit into how their "rig" is structured, and that its control protocols includes duration as a property of notes, and why that's such a cool thing to have, as opposed to "note-on" + "note-off" you get in MIDI and your standard DAWs

contemplating what can be made possible with something as glaringly obvious as that is making my head spin.  i've studiously avoided getting into max for many many years but, shit, i might just have to now.

• Like 1