IGNORED

"[Fifteenth Album]" Speculation Thread

splesh

Sounds like he's talking about the amount of live sets out there as bootlegs ('leaks') rather than their own soundboards, and most of them are on archive.org but the '94 Sankey's set ( https://www.loudmemories.com/concerts/autechre-at-sankeys-manchester-manchester-uk-on-26-november-1994-8226484 ) isn't and he likes that one.

Mayhaps the set this came from:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2023 at 4:04 AM, X4creek said:

im confident Exai 2 is coming

considering how SIGN & PLUS were Oversteps & Move of Ten in many different ways respectively 

NTS and elseq to me felt to be somewhat in the same territory as Quaristice, though diving deeper. I can sort of see what you mean about the pairing of SIGN and PLUS with Oversteps and Move of Ten, on some tracksBut would we feel this way if all four didn't have artwork based primarily on circles? I'm not so sure. The last tune of l-event felt more immediately like something from those 2010 sessions. A spiritual successor to Exai  would certainly be welcome, as would be one for Confield. But, honestly, if there's a group I feel I can truly count on for something totally new, it's definitely Sean and Rob.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Giant batch of elseqs from the recent live set components

Especially the A/B sets, if those are now retired, seems like this would be the time for it

Seaorb plyz

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

Seaorb plyz

i like this twist. also, giant batch of el seqs for the wing pls

• Like 3

Agreed! But haven't they said the live sets are the thing now - so we won't be seeing albums for some time? The "AE_LIVE 2022- " also seems to imply that. Still wondering what Rob meant when he said in that interview that SIGN was 'an initialization'.

• Like 1

Give me a mastered version of their Lyon gig, and I'll be happy.
Oh and Bruxelles, Paris, Lisbon... I guess I just want a batch of their current live sets.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

sean on mastodon. does this mean something is coming? or is it just post about a thought? speculating wildly over here 🙂

NWbpGCe.png

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Burger 2

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sean on mastodon. does this mean something is coming? or is it just post about a thought? speculating wildly over here 🙂

NWbpGCe.png

whether or not i feel safe playing it in my studio apartment without someone angrily banging on the wall/ceiling/floor in response

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

NWbpGCe.png

Lol of course ae fans would choose "other (please specify)" 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

15 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

But without specifying it = proper idm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now imagine a new LP with relentless beats as in the middle section in last paris live 

IMG_1429.gif.93019fe2a2bc330830489f1ede4bc9ba.gif

• Like 4
  • Farnsworth 1

On 5/17/2024 at 1:08 PM, toaoaoad said:

Well, to specify...

I think the format matters a great deal but not necessarily in terms of if it's physical or not but in terms of the division into cohesive parts which along with the work as a whole ideally have titles besides "Part 1", "Part 2", etc. That's what would mark it as an album. The duration would make the difference of if it'd be an album or EP (EP7 counts as an EP because it was originally, at least on vinyl, two halves which the CD compiles). The part which would determine it as a "studio album" as opposed to a "live album" is something that has had an expanded definition in recent times. I would say it doesn't need to be produced in a recording studio in the traditional sense but it does need to be something that isn't a live recording and given the attention to it that something made in a recording studio would. So, in sum, I'd choose 'other' and specify that it's a combination of the previously named options

• Like 1

One thing I know for sure is that I will do my best to buy both the 2024 soundboards and the upcoming album in their due course as soon to their availability as I can

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Pls drop a series of ae-club bangers that will reconstruct dancefloors across the globe. 

I'm sure they are already sat in the archives, just need unleashing. Thx

Edited by Soloman Tump

On 5/17/2024 at 10:42 AM, Walter Ostanek said:

whether or not i feel safe playing it in my studio apartment without someone angrily banging on the wall/ceiling/floor in response

On 5/21/2024 at 9:59 AM, splesh said:

One thing I know for sure is that I will do my best to buy both the 2024 soundboards and the upcoming album in their due course as soon to their availability as I can

Average WATMM Ae fan after 20mg xanax

• Like 2

19 hours ago, o00o said:

I just need them to release all live sets that’s 100x times more than any lp will ever give me

If his sentiments in the video Q&A Sean did a few years ago is anything to go by where he mentions his preference for the processes involved in doing the live stuff over the business of honing something to perfection, then I think the wish will be granted, and has kinda been for almost 4 years straight now. I don't know if Sean meant it like that, but I understood the honing to perfection part as akin to the process of making an album vs. working and recording live.

NTS could fall into both camps somehow, and I really hope we get more jammy yet (seemingly) honed to perfection pieces, albums, releases whatever. Ah, and I also hope it's fucking long. NTS is still my go to post joint segway to dreamland listen and I only just recently started hearing  all end in a whole new way.

So although it doesn't seem exactly to be on the horizon, I'm always looking forward to some sizeable and dazzling gemchunks to emerge from the raw ore of the live stuff. 

Oh and another video Q&A would be super chill too!

I'm still married to the album format so the idea that they're not in that mindset for the forseeable is a bit saddening for me. It's great that they drop all of this output, but I've not really scratched the surface of all the different versions of the livesets.

I like that they're enjoying the current process they have, but at the same time I hope they get bored of it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blir said:

I'm still married to the album format so the idea that they're not in that mindset for the forseeable is a bit saddening for me. It's great that they drop all of this output, but I've not really scratched the surface of all the different versions of the livesets.

I like that they're enjoying the current process they have, but at the same time I hope they get bored of it. 

Yeah same here, partly hoping that it'll be a phase and partly annoyed that I can't seem to get properly into the live stuff. 

Being at the concert is another thing entirely and I've enjoyed thoroughly the couple of times I've had the pleasure, but listening at home (even to the very same set I heard live) almost like they're so good at tailoring something for a specific medium that when taken out of its intended context loses something. The one part I've discovered so far that sits alongside their "studio" type stuff is the first half hour of Dublin '18, It's the slow birthing of a shimripl casual! 

• Like 1