IGNORED

Music Has the Right to Children 25th Anniversary

IDEM

25 years ago, arguably one of the best albums in music history was released. I for one would not be the celestial being I am today without it.

Happy BOCday, everyone. Share your memories here, if you'd like.

https://albumism.com/features/boards-of-canadas-debut-album-music-has-the-right-to-children-album-anniversary

• Like 16

Haven’t played this album for ages. Probably should rectify that. Been kind of bored with BOC for a while. Need something new to get the juices flowing again.

• Like 1

Great album, probably the BoC project I play the most. Most BoC albums require a specific type of mood i have to be in but not this one. I'll never get bored of tracks like Sixtyten, Rue the Whirl or Aquarius. Damn near perfect from front to back.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

420 69 columbine hitler

Micky is mad for nazi shit, but Maurice has a strong preference for school shooters.  So who knows what it means?  Definitely means something though.

• Farnsworth 1

one of their best tracks, it never fails to lower my blood pressure and remind me that everything in life is exactly as it's supposed to be.

• Like 7

My desert island album, even though depending on the day I think I like Geogaddi more. I never get tired of listening to it. Telephasic Workshop changed me. Smokes Quantity might be their most underrated track imo. 

What more can be said that hasn't already been said? It should be in any music fans top 20 of all time. It should be in any electronic music fans top 5.

• Like 4

first heard it in '99. dudes I was hanging around with back then heavy into the rave scene somehow had a copy. this was the burgeoning napster/CD burning era, so a lot of stuff I heard around then I wasn't sure where the hell it came from, some was of questionable quality. was this some bedroom producer trying to make a knockoff of something, I had no idea. anyway, I recall not being immediately taken by it at first. the stuttering beat on Telephasic Workshop seemed a little off to my Mowax/Ninjatune loving ears. I dug the more hip hop oriented beat stuff then, so the middle part of MHTRTC certainly had appeal. it was Pete Standing Alone that kept me coming back for more. the mid section kick drum break with hi hat interplay was just so fucking dope. that was it. the rest is history. down the warp rabbit hole I went.

• Like 1

What a beautiful album it is, I remember discovering roygbiv for the first time circa 2005 and was such a satisfying experience, never thought that this kind of music existed. Timeless classic by the bros, influenced so many artists. Happy birthday MHTRTC!

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 1

I discovered MHTRTC not online but in the local record store ( now gone belly up ). It must have been 2000?? I was just randomly going through their huge electronic cd section and landed on it and the cover art really grabbed me. Lucky me ? 

25 minutes ago, dumplings said:

sean and rob have both been listening to this album for the past two days on their shared Spotify premium account.

Time truly is a flat circle. Panckae bunny goatse elliptic rectum.