IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

21 hours ago, thumbass said:

Opn is hit or miss for me, but when he hits he hits good. I absolutely love replica, r+7 and I really enjoy garden of delete, commissions and the last album as well. I'm really excited for this featureless project!

Check out the films Good Time (2017) and Uncut Gems (2019) if you haven't already - he did an exceptional job with the soundtracks for both.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, milkface said:

Check out the films Good Time (2017) and Uncut Gems (2019) if you haven't already - he did the soundtracks for both and they are unreal.

I've watched both movies twice. The Safdie bros are great directors 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I've watched both movies twice. The Safdie bros are great directors 

I thought so anyone who knows a thing or two about OPN has seen them both but thought I'd mention them in case. Off topic but it's a shame they aren't making their next film together.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, milkface said:

I thought so anyone who knows a thing or two about OPN has seen them both but thought I'd mention them in case. Off topic but it's a shame they aren't making their next film together.

Yeah it's sad, I had been looking forward to their next flick for a while until i found out. Thanks for reminding me i need to rewatch them someday!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 7:15 AM, YELLOW said:

Can't decide if I love or hate the album artwork. Excited nonetheless

I like it. I reminds me of the speakers I first starting making music on, on the old family PC trying to squeeze as much out of a pirated fruityloops 3.6 copy and free vst plugins.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

I like it. I reminds me of the speakers I first starting making music on, on the old family PC trying to squeeze as much out of a pirated fruityloops 3.6 copy and free vst plugins.

You described my feeling seeing the image exactly.

Curious about what it will sound like but not expecting to like it much (didn't really like the last two albums).

• Like 2

Since he was doing a cross-section of New Yorkers with a merry prankster vibe, I wish he would have collaborated with HumorBagel on the trailer. It would have really upped the ante on the unfamiliar reading task with surprise blasts. 

• Like 1

I feel like I'm one of the weirdos that really likes his oldest stuff, and his newest stuff. But not that into replica -> garden of delete era. I mean those are decent too, but they never captured me as much as age of + magic + uncut gems or the stuff on Rifts. The other stuff is interesting but it never clicked to the point that I really got it, I just enjoy those albums more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, taphead said:

Re: features, the press release shown on https://www.turntablelab.com/products/oneohtrix-point-never-again-colored-vinyl-vinyl-2lp seems to suggest that we may see some from Lee Ranaldo, Jim O'Rourke (?!), and Xiu Xiu.

Couldn't care less about Xiu Xiu but Lee Ranaldo and Jim O' Rourke ? Yes pls...

11 minutes ago, fumi said:

I hope there is some music as we get closer to the date. just a sample would be great.

I guess the music from the trailer is taken from the album? The use of actual strings would be in line with the whole "what if..." approach he is foreshadowing imho

Sorry twoism 😜

maybe the next big warp release, or maybe next year, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after....., or the......zzzzzzzz

😴

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Say what you will about his music and whether you like it or not but one thing is for sure, the dude is a grade A weirdo and I'm 100% here for it. 

Total stunner of a track, tbh. It's gorgeous. Harkens back to R + 7 for me. This is when he's at his best, feels like he's just doing his thing.

Now *THAT* is more like it ! Great track, was unsure at the start but actually got goosebumps towards the latter third with the prolonged build up - The first I've had from the man since Commissions ii (Side B)

• Like 1