IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

Capturedecran2023-08-23a16_03_32.png.4dfc161bcaf96feac16f8cecc8302be5.png

https://opn.warp.net/

His tenth album is in part “a speculative autobiography,” a transmission, a spellbound backwash of digital languages and sonic paranoias, what’s remembered and what’s forgotten, all presented in @eccopn’s trademark melodic touch.

‘Again’
Oneohtrix Point Never
[WARP365]

01. Elseware
02. Again
03. World Outside
04. Krumville
05. Locrian Midwest
06. Plastic Antique
07. Gray Subviolet
08. The Body Trail
09. Nightmare Paint
10. Memories Of Music
11. On An Axis
12. Ubiquity Road
13. A Barely Lit Path

LP | CD | Digital

Leave a question for OPN 📞
+1 (646)-580-0453

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 3

There's another bit of text on bleep, looks like he's moving away from the more pop stuff with this one (and the tracklist with zero featuring is making me happy) preordered the CD.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

There's another bit of text on bleep, looks like he's moving away from the more pop stuff with this one (and the tracklist with zero featuring is making me happy) preordered the CD.

Yes ! Also, no convoluted overarching concept for the first time since r+7 ?

By the way I found this image on his website, hope this is the album's backcover !

0a97845934944f95d0bfb16a1d0b261428a462a2

• Like 3

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Yes Bleep text makes me happy.

but it's his latest album Again that truly represents the incredible OPN sound, exploding and examining it at its raw, pure core.

• Like 3

Opn is hit or miss for me, but when he hits he hits good. I absolutely love replica, r+7 and I really enjoy garden of delete, commissions and the last album as well. I'm really excited for this featureless project!

Technically there is no featuring in Magic’s track titles either (although I loved that album, I’m hoping for less pop direction). Love the album art personally. No single yet is interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seaburn said:

Technically there is no featuring in Magic’s track titles either (although I loved that album, I’m hoping for less pop direction). Love the album art personally. No single yet is interesting.

Just noticed that…

17 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Capturedecran2023-08-23a16_03_32.png.4dfc161bcaf96feac16f8cecc8302be5.png

https://opn.warp.net/

His tenth album is in part “a speculative autobiography,” a transmission, a spellbound backwash of digital languages and sonic paranoias, what’s remembered and what’s forgotten, all presented in @eccopn’s trademark melodic touch.

‘Again’
Oneohtrix Point Never
[WARP365]

01. Elseware
02. Again
03. World Outside
04. Krumville
05. Locrian Midwest
06. Plastic Antique
07. Gray Subviolet
08. The Body Trail
09. Nightmare Paint
10. Memories Of Music
11. On An Axis
12. Ubiquity Road
13. A Barely Lit Path

LP | CD | Digital

Leave a question for OPN 📞
+1 (646)-580-0453

End of the trailer made me laugh! 

• Like 1

A french journalist who has obviously already heard the album is saying that "it's a killer one, a complete reinvention, the exact opposite of the album you expect from him" 

Of course, french journalist, so take that with a huge grain of salt, but I'm pretty hyped.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

A french journalist who has obviously already heard the album is saying that "it's a killer one, a complete reinvention, the exact opposite of the album you expect from him" 

Of course, french journalist, so take that with a huge grain of salt, but I'm pretty hyped.

Consider me extremely hyped.

With the few elements we have about this album, it seems quite in line with the recent Rebuild gigs!

• Like 1

Super excited for this. I struggled with the last two albums but they still had great moments. Think it was really just the autotuned vocals everywhere that took me out of it. 

That video someone posted in the Replica thread with the sample sources reminded me just how great that album is. Here if anyone missed it. Really inspiring stuff...

• Like 4