IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

This seems better than the last few for sure!

I probably have to accept that his work simply doesn't do much for me, though. More cool in theory, but the execution always feels like collage that does not cohere.
I enjoy his interviews —they usually send me down some nice google wormholes.  

• Like 2

really excited to dive into this album during the weekend. I cant keep up with all the great releases this week. New OPN, Lee Gamble, Kamaal Williams and Joy Orbison.

I listened to krumville just now and that was amazing. Curious to see what all the tracks sound like with good quality audio.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

This seems better than the last few for sure!

I probably have to accept that his work simply doesn't do much for me, though. More cool in theory, but the execution always feels like collage that does not cohere.
I enjoy his interviews —they usually send me down some nice google wormholes.  

p much how i feel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

this rules; subfo when?

OPN subforum is long overdue indeed.

Very fine album, not as appealing as Magic OPN on the first listen to me, but I think that's great news because it feels like there is much more to discover.

13 hours ago, X4creek said:

ok ill be completely honest

i have been going through his discography this month and i thought MOPN was better than anything he had prev released besides maybe Replica so im starting to be a little worried

Those two are my favourites.

• Like 2

Pleasantly surprised by this. It's very much one of those albums that sounds like a Greatest Hits only it contains all new material. The majority of his directions over the years are represented in one way or another. Actually really appreciate this, because I'm always more into albums that have loads of different approaches and styles on them. 

• Like 1

ok i sat down with no expectations and listened to it

ugh i really wish i could call it great but there are a few moments like the second half of On An Axis and the core tune of Memories of Music that i just REALLY did not care for

also thought World Outside was a little too bombastic im guessing that's where the GoD influence comes in

the rest is quite excellent though i wont lie. i claimed Plastic Antique when the album was announced and sure enough that one absolutely rules. I really love the usage of glitchy textures on this album they give it an extremely uncanny feeling. at the moment i think this is my 3rd favorite of his but i heard r+7 for the first time REALLY recently and ive started to see the potential in it on my last listen so who knows (sorry i really like ranking stuff lol)

but yeah slightly frustrating album but has some of his best music yet.

Edited by X4creek
tried my hardest to say something more than ranking bs

Tonight I woke up at 2am and decided to give this a spin while moonbathing. Very underwhelming in the beginning, like a soft washed version of all OPN styles, but oh my, the Pink Floyd-ish end followed by this immensely mutant closer, that was almost too intense. Will need way more listens to be able to have a proper opinion. Thanks for your music, Daniel.

So far so weird! I really like it though. But it's gonna take a lot of listens to decode all of this. Maybe that's the trick and there is nothing to decode and it's supposed to be a jumbled up mess, you just don't know it so keep coming back for more, to work it out. Perhaps one is just to bathe in the chaos?

Plastic Antique just finished and I really liked that. Kind of cool how he's borrowing sounds from old albums. Gray Subviolet also real good.

If the second half is as good as the first then it's a winner imo.

On 9/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, Stock said:

Live dates announced !

939090529f68ddbd2e1df8471ef4c9de692cac73

During the Myriad tour I had to cancel my ticket to the Paris gig, one of my biggest regrets concert-wise. This time I will hopefully be able to make it !!

done and dusted

Edited by beerwolf

i didn't hate it but w/e im ok with silence in my home too.

better than the last two thats for sure.

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

done and dusted

new york date will have a worse crowd than an average death grips show

12 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i tried listening. ya'll are on some shit this is cringe

True story Sir Alcofribas, I don't think I ever disagreed with anything you say. But I think this is it. This is the time. However by my own admission I can prematurly start fizzing at the gills with excitement over somethings that in the long run don't pan out as expected. That can be down to my mood when I sit and listen. And I'm in a 8.5/10 mood today. So I could put on a Taylor Swift album and started punching the sky with Devil Horns!!! 

Flol 🤘

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

new york date will have a worse crowd than an average death grips show

London date is Royal Festival Hall, so it will be all seated, glass of wine (maybe two) and well behaved. Which actually I prefer nowadays. Aphex and Autechre shows there were pretty ace. Sometimes I get confused with Barbican and Royal Festival Hall. Same kinda thing. For certain there won't be a load of degenerate dimwits shoving cocaine up their nose in the bog.

Edited by beerwolf