IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

The video looks like I imagine a dmt trip to be like in a way. Finally some material from warp that goes that goes on par with their prime releases. Really well done 

Edited by o00o

2 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Where does it's sound land compared to the previous albums? I'm gonna hold out but ackowledge you as one of the resident OPN experts so wondering if you have any concise thoughts.

honestly a bit of everything

it has moments reminiscent of rifts, the plunderphonics and vaporwave eras, the safdie scores, the recent 'poppier' stuff (but thankfully nothing as gaudy as no nightmares) 

i think this one's gonna take a long time to digest but initial thoughts are very positive! 

• Like 2

it's really, really fkn good.

i've given it about a half dozen listens and stopping now until my bleep copy is downloadable.

given opn's talk show thing I'm guessing bleep/warp aren't going to release early given there's evidently a promo plan.

Live dates announced !

939090529f68ddbd2e1df8471ef4c9de692cac73

During the Myriad tour I had to cancel my ticket to the Paris gig, one of my biggest regrets concert-wise. This time I will hopefully be able to make it !!

R+7 turns 10 this week. This should prob. just be attached to the thread for that album but I felt it appropriate to share here, in case there are comparisons to draw with the new one. This album always felt older than 10, although they're unrelated it's wild to me to think this came out AFTER Tomorrow's Harvest by BoC. I'm just getting really old, is what it comes down to.

https://www.stereogum.com/2237213/oneohtrix-point-never-r-plus-seven-turns-10/reviews/the-anniversary/

Edited by Friendly Stranger

1 hour ago, Friendly Stranger said:

How are you liking it, Fumi

It's very good on two or three listens. There are some bizarre interludes on tracks like Krumville and Lorcian Midwest.

• Like 1

So, I've had this on repeat most of the day.

• This is almost the polar opposite of his last three albums.
  • Moments of this remind me of much, much earlier work.
  • The title track is my standout at the moment. Especially the second half of it.
  • He still does that trademark thing of just ambling along and then suddenly, boom, there's like five or ten seconds of godliness.
  • Some of the tracks have this sound of something like an old analogue phone ringing faintly in the background.
  • It doesn't have the pristine polished sound of the last few albums, which goes better with the type of vibe the album gives out.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Listening to the NTS stream now, it's definitely a trip. Reminding me mostly of R+7 so far. I have no idea what track I'm on since it's just playing thru but it's really immense so far.

That was pretty damn good.