IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

2 hours ago, Walter Ostanek said:

No more or less weird than the late 80s Jarre and early 90s FSOL that Dan plunders for his ideas

Zoolook was 84. Sure he plunders this from time to time. And is indeed a weird album. 

Edited by beerwolf

6 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

For the record I called Oneohtrix weird as a person, in an endearing way. not specifically this track. 

should’ve known better throwing that term around on this site! 

Totally. Beware, the Friendly Stranger !

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:12 AM, Real Human Bean said:

Some nice cheeky edits in that video that you may not spot first time.

Haven't loved anything this fella has done since r+7 but always worth checking out nonetheless.

Yeah, they are relatively subtle if not looking.

Someone please help this person:

image.png.f7915638f8af98a87eed0b42ca52810f.png

It was @Capsaicin that first got me to listen to Rifts back when it was new. It didn't hit me at first, but I gave it a few listens and have loved his stuff since (especially "R Plus Seven" and "Garden of Delete").

Edited by xyrofen

Cool vid, music felt almost incidental to the video, just providing the soundtrack.

Will wait to see if it seems better in context of the album.

Yeah opn hasn't been 'weird' in a long time. Someone the other day said 'coldplay for 'creatives' ' and that feels grimly correct.

hated the last album after one listen, was lukewarm on Age Of. Will still check this new one out.

it leaked lol

Spoiler

very much made as a retrospective release, probably my favorite release of his on the first few listens; there's a TON of R+7 and Rifts-sounding material here while still treading new ground (the synthwork in Again and Plastic Antique are insane). a little bit of everything here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, someguy said:

it leaked lol

Hide contents

very much made as a retrospective release, probably my favorite release of his on the first few listens; there's a TON of R+7 and Rifts-sounding material here while still treading new ground (the synthwork in Again and Plastic Antique are insane). a little bit of everything here

That's good news (IMO)

• Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 4:12 AM, misc said:

Opn has a new radio show on NTS called Cool Protrusions. First one was yesterday...

https://www.nts.live/shows/opn-again/episodes/opn-again-14th-september-2023

With all the talk of "weird" in the thread, this NTS show is where it *actually* delivered 😅

On 9/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, hello spiral said:

Yeah opn hasn't been 'weird' in a long time. 

If you'd play any track from Magic OPN or Age Of... on the radio most people would get a stroke. People that say he hasn't been weird in a while need to go back and listen to his albums again because compared to 'normal' popular music his shit has always been weird as fuck. The only thing that would make him less weird is the one time he had the weeknd on a track of his I guess.

Anyway, I love age of and magic opn and I return to them quite a lot, more than I thought I was going to.

Also love that Warp didnt announce this album 5 months before release (like they do with most releases these days).

I wanted to check out the leak so I skimmed through it. Turned it off after a couple of skips because the leak was such bad quality (but the snippets sounded weird alright).

10 days remaining!

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 3

the leak quality isn't _that_ bad, just sounds like it's been ripped from a streaming service.  sounds on par with spotify level stuff?

it'd be nice if this would hurry bleep up into just releasing it sooner.... i mean do opn fans have sufficient impulse control

Edited by xfxf
  • Like 4

Yea it isn’t 320kbps 

but I’m so glad he’s back making stuff like this. Body trail and nightmare paint are incredible. Couldn’t get into the last 2 much

I even went to age of gig 3 times, they were a bit meh. The garden of delete show at village underground was incredible tho

Edited by fairuzosman

3 hours ago, fairuzosman said:

I even went to age of gig 3 times, they were a bit meh. The garden of delete show at village underground was incredible tho

he toured recently here in Australia and the show was fkn incredible compared to last time I saw him - everything (reworked tracks, incredible stage lighting/visual design) was several tiers better.

I chucked three version of the released track into a spectrum analyser - the leaked track, the bleep actual-320kbit mp3 and flac.  pretty evident the source of the rip was fairly low bitrate.

image.thumb.png.a865a423458b10b61cb200b248d772f5.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xfxf said:

I chucked three version of the released track into a spectrum analyser - the leaked track, the bleep actual-320kbit mp3 and flac.  pretty evident the source of the rip was fairly low bitrate.

image.thumb.png.a865a423458b10b61cb200b248d772f5.png

looks like a big difference. omfg cant wait to hear those highs on locrian midwest... 9 days

On 8/31/2023 at 8:14 PM, beerwolf said:

Zoolook was 84. Sure he plunders this from time to time. And is indeed a weird album. 

Just put it on for the first time, amazing stuff.

There's this way older (probably) academic piece with early voice synth tech that I'm struggling to find, thought it was Silicon Valley Breakdown by David Jaffe but that's strings, not voice.

Edited by th555