IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Again

d-a-m-o

55 minutes ago, Stock said:

Listening to the album after a longer hiatus. Strong tracks sound even stronger, and weak tracks even weaker. The Body Trail amazes me everytime.

Again nevertheless seems to have fallen in WATMM's oblivion, might be OPN least discussed album on the board :shrug:

(nobody even linked the Nightmare Paint music video ?)

Reveal hidden contents

Sadly, for me, for some reason, OPN took the "meme popstar" route, which I believe is frustratingly mediocre and bad, starting with Replica. I think most of his post-lush ambient albums are extremely overrated, not bad tho.

Edited by logakght
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Special edition Blu-ray presented in a 3mm acrylic slipcase, line bent to shape, screen printed to the front face and housing a clear PETg PCB holder. The PCB (AKA Printed Circuit Board) houses a pulsing Green LED light that is powered by 2 AAA batteries (not included) and printed with logo marques. Presented in a Brown corrugated cardboard presentation box with the slipcase internally housed in White Stratocell foam. Includes fold out booklet signed and numbered by Daniel Lopatin

• All audio available in Dolby Atmos & Stereo
• Includes 4 music videos
• Atmos mix by Mike Dean, Tommy Rush & Sean Solymar

The images shown are taken at prototype stage. There may be small differences in the finished edition.

https://bleep.com/merch/439881-oneohtrix-point-never-again-special-edition-blu-ray

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Curious as to how blemp thought 95 quid (+p&p) was an even remotely sensible price.

lmao wow

packaging looks to be custom, that could be a large part of that cost

oh okay here we go:

Special edition Blu-ray presented in a 3mm acrylic slipcase, line bent to shape, screen printed to the front face and housing a clear PETg PCB holder. The PCB (AKA Printed Circuit Board) houses a pulsing Green LED light that is powered by 2 AAA batteries (not included) and printed with logo marques. Presented in a Brown corrugated cardboard presentation box with the slipcase internally housed in White Stratocell foam. Includes fold out booklet signed and numbered by Daniel Lopatin

&

Atmos mix by Mike Dean, Tommy Rush & Sean Solymar

yeah so it's def packaging and some costs for the Atmos mixes (why the fuck you need 3 engineers to remix for Atmos on a record that's already done? ffs)

Prob cause it lights up and is signed by the artist. Bit of a strange time to release something like this way after the hype has died down, tho I reckon there will be enough solvent megafans that will snap it up.

Out of curiosity I just looked up the Syro limited edition version with the metal casing on discogs to see how well these kind of things hold their value and they are now going for £1.5 grand. It remains to be seen whether opn can match afx for that kind of interest/value.

9 minutes ago, Key said:

Out of curiosity I just looked up the Syro limited edition version with the metal casing on discogs

Think it was an acrylic box for Syro, the metal one was Ae's Quaristice

I really love the packaging, they really went full 90s-beige plastic on this one ! Always been fond of OPN aesthetic, I revisited the Kaoss Edge fanpage the other day and it still is amazing imo.

• Like 1

Is anything good value nowadays?

As for the OPN box I also like it, but I don't have a spare £100 floating about. Quite nice though.

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, Key said:

Out of curiosity I just looked up the Syro limited edition version with the metal casing on discogs to see how well these kind of things hold their value and they are now going for £1.5 grand.

Jesus

22 hours ago, silentvision said:

spacer.png

• All audio available in Dolby Atmos & Stereo
• Includes 4 music videos
• Atmos mix by Mike Dean, Tommy Rush & Sean Solymar

The images shown are taken at prototype stage. There may be small differences in the finished edition.

https://bleep.com/merch/439881-oneohtrix-point-never-again-special-edition-blu-ray

lol

15 hours ago, auxien said:

why the fuck you need 3 engineers to remix for Atmos on a record that's already done?

One to download the flac from pirate bay, another to grab the crack for Halo Upmix, and a third to burn it onto bluray

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Worth noting there is a FAR cheaper “Standard Edition” of the blu ray via his Bandcamp/Bleep. https://oneohtrixpointnever.bandcamp.com/album/again

I have it on order, and have fairly high expectations. The Atmos mix for Magic OPN, which came a full calendar year after its original release is very good… on streaming… now that they’ve fixed it. It was uploaded to streaming completely broken, with many tracks completely silent for 3 minutes, with a single stem… then silence again. The mix on the blu ray they put out seems busted in a different way, in that it’s mostly front heavy with very sparse effects throughout. The streaming version, once fixed is genuinely great. 

• 1 month later...

Seeing this album live was an absolutely incredible experience.

Also, posting this here since it hasn't been already:

• Like 1

I've got a ticket for sale to the live show in Brooklyn on 4/26. Unfortunately had something come up and I won't be able to make it. PM me if you're interested and we can sort out the details

Spent the last few hours chilling in le 104 where OPN is playing tonight. The place is crowded by people learning how to breakdance. Did not see Mr Lopatin while I was there drinking a beer. I can't wait !!

• Like 2

How did it go Stocko? Does he press play on "Again" or does he haul out any other hits? Close on "Chrome Country"? I'll see him in 2 weeks but my curiosity is killing me lol.

13 hours ago, xxx said:

How did it go Stocko? Does he press play on "Again" or does he haul out any other hits? Close on "Chrome Country"? I'll see him in 2 weeks but my curiosity is killing me lol.

i saw him in london a week ago. the setlist was around 50% 'again', 50% everything else. and when i say everything else, i do mean everything else. it was way more varied than the last time i caught him. proper career spanning stuff, even going back as far as rifts.

the visual aspect of the show was hella mighty too, but i won't spoil.

have a good one, brother!

14 hours ago, xxx said:

Yes, no spoil regarding the visual aspects of the show but it was really mind-blowing. The whole show really encapsulates what OPN is about imo and had several jaw dropping moments (in the literal sense, I was really amazed and had my mouth open auite a few times lol.

Music was incredible with most of the tracks being reworked for the show, including the Rebuild versions of Rift era track (I guess ? Did not listen to the bootlegs of the Rebuild shows but they NEED an official release). It also rekindled my love for Again.

Hope you'll have a good time !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A very high quality captation of the rebuild Zones Without People at Coachella :

Full set was streamed this week-end, I hope somebody thought of ripping the audio, I would very much like to give it another listen !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 3:17 AM, Stock said:

Yes, no spoil regarding the visual aspects of the show but it was really mind-blowing. The whole show really encapsulates what OPN is about imo and had several jaw dropping moments (in the literal sense, I was really amazed and had my mouth open auite a few times lol.

Music was incredible with most of the tracks being reworked for the show, including the Rebuild versions of Rift era track (I guess ? Did not listen to the bootlegs of the Rebuild shows but they NEED an official release). It also rekindled my love for Again.

Hope you'll have a good time !

Good recap. I loved the live show. I went in knowing nothing and was blown away.

• Like 3

Damn-- if you're in any way a fan, this show was like a religious experience. I was losing it start to finish on how awesome everything was. I'm glad I went in blind. Another notable thing is that almost no one made use of their phones. I hated to break the norm but there were so many parts where I was like "I gotta fuckin snag a bit of this lush".

There is an Instagram trend on certain reels where someone comments "guys will see this and say 'hell yeah'" and that was The Metro Chicago last night. About 1,000 guys going "hell yeah" lol

• Like 1