IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

2 hours ago, Consul said:

I have a feeling that if this is how the album sounds, it might be the second best thing after Go Plastic levels of insanity.

Me too 

• Like 2

A) tune is fucking banging. it's like Venus No.17 (Acid Mix) but cranked up to fucking spinal tap levels of 11.

B) tower records japan doesn't show the bonus track on the LP: https://tower.jp/item/6272336/Dostrotime also is the pink vinyl only from Warp?

C) tune is fucking banging!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes this track is awesome, the hardest part now is trying not to overplay it before album's release haha.

I also think it just sounds better than most of his output the past few years? More punchy than be up a hello (which I genuinely loved)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stock said:

I also think it just sounds better than most of his output the past few years? More punchy than be up a hello (which I genuinely loved)

Totally agreed.

• Like 1

I don't get the GP comparisons. This track while splendid and awesome is nowhere near the towering heights of what he did with the structure, sounds, timings, melody, noise, mayhem of the GP spastic tracks, albeit relentless and driving. To me its a continuumation of BUaH/live-set acid techno.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phudoshin said:

I don't get the GP comparisons. This track while splendid and awesome is nowhere near the towering heights of what he did with the structure, sounds, timings, melody, noise, mayhem of the GP spastic tracks, albeit relentless and driving. To me its a continuumation of BUaH/live-set acid techno.   

I'm just making an assumption based on one track. The whole album could be crazier than that track, or it could not. Fun to speculate. It doesn't have to be one-to-one to have it compared to GP. I just feel like that we have come to the Go Plastic version of this era, which might be this album.

Edited by Consul
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

that's all very well but when is Amber II out?

wrong thread/album

Edited by X4creek
Daydreams exists
  • Thanks 1

i decided to give Wendorlan another shot after seeing the overwhelming amount of love on here + the RYM comment box for it and yeahhhhhhhhh ok the hype is entirely warranted!!!!!

I still dont think this is as excellent as a track like Drax 2 (which it reminds me the most of) but it is certainly close! I love the structure and the last minute is just as wonderful as I remembered, if not more!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, X4creek said:

I still dont think this is as excellent as a track like Drax 2 (

Wendorlan destroys Drax 2 w/o even trying. for my money anyway.. but there's only 1 or 2 tracks i got into on that entire album and i didn't like damogen furies at all. didn't care for the sound of it. couldn't vibe w/it. 

those couple albums seem like things he just needed to flush out of his system so he could to get back to being squarepusher. he seemed really into those albums though so it's just my projection perhaps. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

those couple albums seem like things he just needed to flush out of his system so he could to get back to being squarepusher. 

That could well be the case. Well put!

1 hour ago, Pirtek said:

That could well be the case. Well put!

maybe. it's hard to say anything negative about squarepusher releases even when it's just my personal opinion. i absolutely love the guy's music and there's so much of it that just totally nails what i love or introduces me to something new to love about music. he still surprises and/or gets better and better. he's one of those artists who will get me into a place of being in awe or being super hyped and positive feeling.. like he stokes the fire in the stoke the center. 🙂 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ignatius said:

maybe. it's hard to say anything negative about squarepusher releases even when it's just my personal opinion. i absolutely love the guy's music and there's so much of it that just totally nails what i love or introduces me to something new to love about music. he still surprises and/or gets better and better. he's one of those artists who will get me into a place of being in awe or being super hyped and positive feeling.. like he stokes the fire in the stoke the center. 🙂 

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

Absolutely spot on. It's always an exciting time when he brings something out.

• Like 2

Had another listen to Ufa the other day... the main thing wrong i think is the hi-end day-glo sound palletr but the structure of most tracks is top pusher.. Unreal Square for example requires  a bit of effort to to get through the hig-pitch melody/screeches but the percussive breakdown makes it worth it. 4001 has amazing bass acid and pwercussion but agian its the overall sound "color" that it falls down on a smidge

NONE of his early albums had these "issues" .. they started to creep in in Hello Everything i think... and i think BUaH they finally exited stage left

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Freak of the week said:

^compared to his previous albums, ufabulum is cleaner, more metallic and shinier and i like it

actually, the whole ufabulum is so fucking solid, his most consistent album since go plastic

Dark Steering still gives me goosebumps 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hello spiral said:

that's all very well but when is Amber II out?

Well we had SIGN in 2020 that was kind of amber-ish

• Confused 1

Although I have a preference for certain SP albums over others, I have to say I've never been outright disappointed with any of them; more than I can say for a ton of other artists. 

I can complain about the tinny or harsh sounds of ufab or damaged furries and stuff like that (I had 0 problems with be up), but I've never felt disappointed, not in the 25ish years I've been listening to him. I think that's why he continues to be my favorite electronic artist overall.  

• Like 5
  • Big Brain 1