IGNORED

Dostrotime [2024]

Consul

2 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i think a couple of folks here have already said it but this definitely feels like a continuation of the legendary nts mix, which i am absolutely here for

be up a hello was certainly a step in the right direction after a bit of a lull in his discography, but i always wanted him to take the insanity up a notch. hopefully dostrotime is gonna do just that!

Totally agree with you. Let's hope!

• Like 1

i think the closest to a lull he has in his discography are dyks (which always came off as a glorified demo tape to me if im being Completely honest) & s16 tbh

i loved and still prefer be up a hello to nts mix so i wont lie i am slightly worried

but the bleep description + what tom said has me intrigued so i am excited for the album itself instead of just being excited over a new sp album bc we havent gotten since in 4 years lol

Edited by X4creek

also i dont really care for the album cover but it doesnt matter

it is a bit disappointing though considering the really awesome visuals he has live

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, X4creek said:

i think the closest to a lull he has in his discography are dyks (which always came off as a glorified demo tape to me if im being Completely honest) & s16 tbh

Wat8.jpg.3e7d088b8d6a65b0f7f9dbb2c93b3363.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

There's definitely a slight bit of deja vu here with similar thoughts being expressed about wicked acid jungle nts magic before the last album after the fracture remix of vortrack, anyway fingers crossed

Oooo this new stuff sounds the tits

All this covid talk reminds me that I was supposed to see him in Boston before that show got cancelled. Think he was even playing in Vermont too which could've been fun.

I did get to attend this show in NYC though which was a fuckin blast: 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Wat8.jpg.3e7d088b8d6a65b0f7f9dbb2c93b3363.jpg

i still enjoy both records but aside from Mutilation Colony (probably his best Ambient track though i do love 80 Ondula) & Kill Robok (really wish he made a few more tracks in the style of this one) they just dont have many moments that capture me

whenever i put them on im like "wow! that is a squarepusher record alright!" ik this is a controversial opinion but i would take another Ufabulum and/or Just A Souvenir over them any day of the week Personally

OT: does the word "dostro" mean something?

4 hours ago, phudoshin said:

My dear ol mum was a championship fencer so i alway get triggered by his Damogen live performances 😛

triggered how? you can't help but see your mum under the mask, and that stresses you out? :mu-ziq: or is it frowned upon using the mask in any other setting? phudoshin, squarepusher being your mum is not real, he can't hurt you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auxien said:

it's a goddamn masterclass

listened in the studio today and fcuking ay. so good. it rips. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, X4creek said:

i still enjoy both records but aside from Mutilation Colony (probably his best Ambient track though i do love 80 Ondula) & Kill Robok (really wish he made a few more tracks in the style of this one) they just dont have many moments that capture me

whenever i put them on im like "wow! that is a squarepusher record alright!" ik this is a controversial opinion but i would take another Ufabulum and/or Just A Souvenir over them any day of the week Personally

OT: does the word "dostro" mean something?

"Kill Robok" is very special alright... bouncey ball vibes with that slappy funk Tom brings..here it is in a mix what i made

• Like 4

So excited for this! Glad it has that Warp 30 set vibe.

Incredible to think, in a true IDM fashion, that an artist can produce the hardest alien rave tunes and also the most soothing melodies for putting you to sleep.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ginerpri said:

Incredible to think, in a true IDM fashion, that an artist can produce the hardest alien rave tunes and also the most soothing melodies for putting you to sleep.

5 mins in is similar to the track he played on last tour lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginerpri said:

Incredible to think, in a true IDM fashion, that an artist can produce the hardest alien rave tunes and also the most soothing melodies for putting you to sleep

That's true talent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, logakght said:

wtf the more I listen the better the track gets

I played it three times in a row the first time I put in on. Mad fucking tune.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

I played it three times in a row the first time I put in on. Mad fucking tune.

Yeah! I think I ended up playing it 9 or 10 times. Brilliant.

• Like 1