IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

I really wish Elektron's sequencers had the the option, like in the Cirklon, to "zoom in" and choose your divisions. Are there any other sequencers that do it like Cirklon?

i have a s3000xl, was very cheap, just bought some ram and a new backlight for it (backlight was expensive on ebay)

very nice, can be used as a synth, crap for bass but great for pads and midrange stuff

i have a s3000xl, was very cheap, just bought some ram and a new backlight for it (backlight was expensive on ebay)

very nice, can be used as a synth, crap for bass but great for pads and midrange stuff

Yeah the s3000xl is nice as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish Elektron's sequencers had the the option, like in the Cirklon, to "zoom in" and choose your divisions. Are there any other sequencers that do it like Cirklon?

I’ve not come across anything like it myself, not something that is that intuitive and deep at the same time .

Now I just have to get my hands on one of my own.

zGyjeCu.jpg

Just switched to a standing desk for my studio and I'm loving it so much more. Way better on the neck, back and arms. (not pictured - Roland MT32 and Korg X3)

MS-20 is now my most favourite hardware synth. I pretty much become lost in my own world when playing it through a high trailing delay or looper effect and can get both some beautifully lush or fucked up textures out of it. It's so versatile in what it can accomplish, fun to make sound fx in, and it sounds great as a synth on its own. I just started getting into patching and doing some cool things with the SQ-10 going into Sample and Hold. Volca FM is good enough to be considered a professional instrument, imo, and included it in.

I have another tiny "mobile jam studio" that has the volca mix with the volca sample, keys, bass, tascam dr-05 and a mini kaoss pad that can output into a UCA 202 usb interface. It fits into a small backpack and it's perfect for travelling around with. Also can pair it an asus laptop to make some custom sounds and multitrack record. It's fun as a party thing and to jam with other musicians, and it pairs as my live setup as well.

I'm completely satisfied on the hardware front from now on. Minimal hybrid setup hits all the right spots. Just waiting on the Max 8 update now and I think the only thing left for me to save up for is the East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra in the future.

MS-20 is now my most favourite hardware synth. I pretty much become lost in my own world when playing it through a high trailing delay or looper effect and can get both some beautifully lush or fucked up textures out of it. It's so versatile in what it can accomplish, fun to make sound fx in, and it sounds great as a synth on its own. I just started getting into patching and doing some cool things with the SQ-10 going into Sample and Hold. 

Mmmmmm I've been lusting for one of those since they came out and kind of put it out of my head. That is exactly what I hoped it would be like; so many ways to route stuff and plug in random doodads and go on synthesis quests without having to dive into the modular deep end. Lust back at full force.

Totally agree about the Volca FM; I think it's the overall best-sounding FM synth I've ever used and I've used more than a few in my day. All it's missing is a proper (but comprehensive) editing interface and nobody has made one yet.

MS-20 is now my most favourite hardware synth. I pretty much become lost in my own world when playing it through a high trailing delay or looper effect and can get both some beautifully lush or fucked up textures out of it. It's so versatile in what it can accomplish, fun to make sound fx in, and it sounds great as a synth on its own. I just started getting into patching and doing some cool things with the SQ-10 going into Sample and Hold. 

Mmmmmm I've been lusting for one of those since they came out and kind of put it out of my head. That is exactly what I hoped it would be like; so many ways to route stuff and plug in random doodads and go on synthesis quests without having to dive into the modular deep end. Lust back at full force.

Totally agree about the Volca FM; I think it's the overall best-sounding FM synth I've ever used and I've used more than a few in my day. All it's missing is a proper (but comprehensive) editing interface and nobody has made one yet.

Madly in love with both <3. You can get some really analog-y sounding stuff out of FM synthesis with the right algorithm of modulators too. The fact that korg left in a tiny bit of the white noise like the yahama dx7 does with every key press is beautiful. I found out recently that Korg and Yahama are close bros of each other and exchange tech every so often. Definitely shows if true.

I got a max patch that rigs up the velocity parameter to match the velocity on keyboard pressure so its basically a 3 poly yahama dx7 at this point with an arpeggiator, and thats OK!

Edited by Entorwellian

I wonder if the Bastl 60Knobs running in DX-7 mode would work well with the Volca FM.