IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

But they had the keyboardless module version of the MS-10 that I forget the name of (and can't find online at all, so maybe it was a rehousing of a stock MS-10 that had lost its keyboard) so I guess that was cool. 

I know the carpet is minging and it looks like my studio is in an old garage. That's coz it is. e1c2b2551dc955504e1c87689c3a2b34.jpgac3578c9dbfa902ddcd0795164dd5536.jpg

are you using the computer to sequence midi ?

Looks really nice, but with that speaker placement your desk should be a couple of meters further back, no? Why so wide?

Dunno mate, not really bothered about all that, just how it turned out and that.

I know the carpet is minging and it looks like my studio is in an old garage. That's coz it is. e1c2b2551dc955504e1c87689c3a2b34.jpgac3578c9dbfa902ddcd0795164dd5536.jpg

are you using the computer to sequence midi ?

Yes. Yes I am.

Actually I'm not. Well am using computer for MIDI clock. But using other sequencers for midi notes and that.

studiopic123.jpg

Looking good man. I'd fucking dig it in here.

Nice seeing some studios in here the last couple days, forgot about this thread almost. All looking pretty nice and tidy (okay except spiral but that's alright, that's your milleu).

yek what the hell are those speakers? They're fookin' tiny eh? Is this just a thing I'm out of the loop on??

Edited by auxien

Q7ZDtac.jpg

I think some of my favorite pictures in this thread are like this - just a laptop (or a picture of a laptop) somewhere. While I do get GAS out of looking at people's spacious gear-filled (but tasteful) rooms, I am even more jealous of people who can make all their amazing music just on a laptop without all that pesky audiophile infrastructure.

Nice seeing some studios in here the last couple days, forgot about this thread almost. All looking pretty nice and tidy (okay except spiral but that's alright, that's your milleu).

yek what the hell are those speakers? They're fookin' tiny eh? Is this just a thing I'm out of the loop on??

Looks like one of those: https://www.pure.com/uk/dab-radio/products/siesta-s2/graphite

Lol. Just cheap Sony speakers that came with my receiver. They sound ok and they're just temporary until I buy something better

That's the Vermona DRM mk3 drum machine. 8 channel analogue drum machine. First piece of hardware I bought. Was considering selling it but love it too much. I still need to buy a few more cables to hook up the individual channel outputs into the patchbay, basically the last thing missing from the setup, but I can still work without them for now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Is that mix on your Soundcloud featuring that drum machine?

I keep oscillating between "wouldn't it be nice to have a tweakable drums machine" and "come on, it's only 8 sounds and you never play step sequenced drum sounds, set up a microphone and some acoustic jingles jangles instead".

Nil, round 2008 I went to an actual, working, ostensibly professional project studio in Boston and they had a big, 72 channel analog board set up along one of the long walls of a long, thin room, with the monitors 12 feet away from the board, at a 90 degree angle to it, 4 feet apart on a table.  Also the control room was three times the size of the live room, and I use "room" in the loosest sense because there was no actual isolation or even walls between the two, just two sets of shelves with a board between them, that ended a couple of feet from the ceiling.  On the other side of the board was where they tacked drums and amps.

But again, it was a working studio that was in a rented commercial space and operated as a business.

How did the room sound? And how easy was it to get useful informations to produce/mix in it?

I already miss my previous, acousticly treated room... but I love the convenience of having my set-up at hands. I'm lucky that the Amphions seem to be more sensitive to being set right from the listener perspective than to the room itself, and I think I've got them right (which might not be that obvious on the pics).

The Waldorf 2-pole is still one of the best things in my set up. Gives such great colour to the sound. Would recommend everyone getting one. Still getting to know the blue sky but to be honest it doesn't take much to get a good sound.

Also been using a Grace M103 pre amp at work to run some drum tracks through, the EQ on it is fantastic. Has a three band EQ which is quite broad but does so much. Not only the eq but also widens the stereo space immensely.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

What are you using the 2-pole on? I've heard lots of good about it. That and the Rocket plus a Blofeld to match my Pulse 2 would make a hell of a Waldorf corner :)

I use it on pretty much fucking anything haha  :emb:

Ok that's maybe a bit of a lie, but I do like to use it a lot.  Even just having the filter wide open and putting a bit of drive on something, gives everything a bit of dirt and works well with pads, tends to somehow give a nice low end boost.  The thing in general is pretty noisy which suits me and thankfully I've only nearly killed myself a few times with the resonance.

Guest Chesney

Love this thread, great setups. Although, BCM, you're fucking with my feng shui a bit. A little move around and it would be optimised but fuck it, who am I to tell you ha ;)

Lol. Just cheap Sony speakers that came with my receiver. They sound ok and they're just temporary until I buy something better

Nice. You should keep them around even when you get new speakers. I just love how tiny they are all propped up on nice stands. 

What are you using the 2-pole on? I've heard lots of good about it. That and the Rocket plus a Blofeld to match my Pulse 2 would make a hell of a Waldorf corner :)

I use it on pretty much fucking anything haha  :emb:

Ok that's maybe a bit of a lie, but I do like to use it a lot.  Even just having the filter wide open and putting a bit of drive on something, gives everything a bit of dirt and works well with pads, tends to somehow give a nice low end boost.  The thing in general is pretty noisy which suits me and thankfully I've only nearly killed myself a few times with the resonance.

Hell yeah. A little noise is totally okay when the benefits are worth it.

Last nights setup for producing some crunchy noise rhythms

Bit of a line up there. Running a drum machine through it?

@auxien - the silver box bottom right is a chaotic noise synth. You can just dial up some sounds until you get something you like then hold on to it. I had a boss rc3 for recording loops I liked but I sold it.

When I decide I want to be a bit more precise / repeatable I will upgrade to a drum machine of some kind but I am enjoying the unpredictability right now

It goes:-

Noise synth into distortion pedal

Into algorithmic chopper (dao) for creating rhythms from the synth

Into delay pedal

Then the babybox for feedback loops / all the other gnarly shit it can do

Then the other silver box is a fuzz

Finally the super Octave for some deep bass rumblings.

I'll probably switch it all up again next time. Much fun.

Edited by fletcher

Had no idea that was a synth. I mean, I don't recognize anything there other than the Boss pedal, but sounds like a lot of fun to be had there. Have any bits of that recorded?

Had no idea that was a synth. I mean, I don't recognize anything there other than the Boss pedal, but sounds like a lot of fun to be had there. Have any bits of that recorded?

I recorded 2 hours of stuff yesterday, I'm planning to edit it down and stick it on soundcloud shortly will link it here