IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

Guest analogue wings
well, aphex hasn't really released anything 'new' since drukqs. i refuse to acknowledge some wonky acid retro bs as new.

What part of "kick in the cunt" are you having trouble with there, Finland?

well, aphex hasn't really released anything 'new' since drukqs. i refuse to acknowledge some wonky acid retro bs as new.

What part of "kick in the cunt" are you having trouble with there, Finland?

this made me lol

Quaristice has grown on me considerably recently. The thing that pisses me off are that the best ones I like such as chenc9, Simmm and Altibzz just aren't long enough. I guess I am being too greedy, considering there's 20 tracks to digest. I like the direction Sean and Rob have gone with this release. You have got to love IO, excellent stuff. This isn't their best release though.

the Plc and 90101 have taken precedence over my quaristice listening choices, for sure. dunno why. Plc sounded so unremarkable to me at first, but it works perfectly. 90101 i can listen to over and over, its so dry and snappy. puts a smile on my face. just those two though, presently. i don't care for the primary melodies for IO and perlence, though both tracks open up really nicely into some dense and shifting, stuttery zones

i think steels sets up tankakern nicely, but i have yet to find a use for it on its own

does anyone here feel like Autechre is taking the piss with this release but still really loves it? (like me)

they can't afford to take the piss. i mean, they JUST can't afford to take the piss

Stunned at how much I'm gettin into The Plc.

On first few listens I didn't hold out much hope for many of these tunes growin on me, but 2 weeks later its changin. Its a testament to the skillz of a musician who can pack so much detail into their sound it takes you weeks/months to digest it. Same goes for WNSN, 90101-51-1, Paralel Suns, Bnc Castl, SonDEremawe, FwcE & Rale. Lovin it more on each listen.

(but i dont think I will never get into Fol3 or Steels) :huh::mellow: :smiling: :alien: :clover: :cat::shuriken::w00t::rhubear1: :cry2:

Edited by Dr Clitterhaus

too soon for a best-worst list? would that be like drinking a fine wine before it ages?

Paralel Suns goes 1st. Steels is last last last last last.

play.com had a preorder listing for the tin, but they cancelled my order - dunno if they were told "you aint getting none" or "you can have 50 - first come, first served", but i ended up using that amazon listing... more in hope than anything else.

WNSN is really growing on me recently. Is it the same with most people concerning this track? There seems to be new sounds to watch out for on every listen. Full of atmosphere.

So I get home today and there's a package for me from Warp... :confused: My Quaristice came today ... :omg: Not the special edition, but eh, still special for me (especially since it's my birthday :shade: )

Instead of the normal warpmart tape, they used Quaristice blue tape, nice touch!

Scans:

post-4028-1203999196_thumb.jpg post-4028-1203998831_thumb.jpg post-4028-1203998924_thumb.jpg

WNSN is really growing on me recently. Is it the same with most people concerning this track? There seems to be new sounds to watch out for on every listen. Full of atmosphere.

It's good. The 2 tracks before it and particularly the one after it, chenc9, are starting to grow on me. I'm pretty familiar with the first half of the album by now so I don't need to listen to it as much for a while, much as I adore all the tracks starting with P (including The Plc)

I don't know what the big deal is on here with Steels. It's not great but it's OK. It's much better than that stupid Fol3. Sounds like a reject from Minidisc run through some kind of granulator and then a LFO->pan. :sleeping: