IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dead space 2

i will probably never sleep again

I really, really wanted the first Dead Space to scare me, but got nothing out of it. Will this one do my head in at all?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

She's a (lady) girl dude, she sleeps with a night light. Wouldn't take much confidence in what she says will terrify you.

Been been playing a bit on Live the last few nights, still love double teams on Reach. Still debating buying Limbo, but everyone says it's so short.

I enjoyed the Crysis 2 MP demo for many hours, I love that the game is taking place in NYC, love the stuff they changed to the gameplay, definitely fun for what it is but you really aren't playing the game unless you're playing it on PC. I've read plenty of previews where they say they weren't able to tighten up the controls, framerates etc. with console hardware as much as they tried. 360 controller is confirmed to feel 3 times tighter and more responsive on PC.

I would rather play a game with solid 40FPS+ & smooth controls than a game with better graphics that isn't smooth.

Crysis 2 on PC will be a great fucking game, can't wait.

starsiege tribes

You know Tribes 2 is free to download and play now. Played it with some friends a while back, I really really really wish they would make a hardcore high quality spiritual successor to Tribes 2.

Guest disparaissant

She's a (lady) girl dude, she sleeps with a night light. Wouldn't take much confidence in what she says will terrify you.

yeah thanks. i don't actually frighten all that easily.

but if dead space 1 didn't get to you, 2 might not as well. does have some freaky-deaky "oh the main character is crazy!" scenes ala FEAR, but other than that it's a lot of the same in a creepier setting.

playing a character who may not be seeing everything as it truly is does kind of heighten the creep factor, though. gonna love it if, at the end, it turns out everything was an illusion and i've really just been gunning down civilians.

You mean the Pendulum song that is a Prodigy song?

Let's be fair though, there's not much difference between that and a Pendulum tune. Prodigy have gone so shit it's unbearable.

Guest disparaissant

uhm hey notice the "if." i have no clue what the end is, i just started playing. and i'm 100% sure that WON'T be the actual end.

and you find out the character is

crazy in the last game. and if you didn't play the last game, you find out in the opening cutscene SO. l2reed.

I'm still having trouble playing Dead Space 1. When I started the game I still had my friend's projector and couldn't handle it. The monsters are much scarier when they actually do appear 8 feet tall on your wall. It's considerably less frightening on my TV which makes playing a little easier, but I want the projector back although I'm gonna regret it ...

I think what freaks me out the most - besides the setting and audio - is how limited your field of view is. A human can see like what 160-170°, the Dead Space guy has a field of view of about 100°. I guess it couldn't be done any other way unless they would have put up with severe distortion, it's even kind of realistic when you consider the helmet, but the camera's behind him ffs ... I tend to run into a corner and rotate the camera left and right for a while before I know a room is clear for the moment. I'm way too slow a player, makes it a billion times scarier.

Guest disparaissant

haha yeah i do the same thing, that might explain quite a bit of it.

and for the record, BFC, i live with 2 guys and another girl, and us girls are the only people that will even ATTEMPT to play Dead Space. also we are the spider killers.

but to be fair, we live with wussy guys.

Been been playing a bit on Live the last few nights, still love double teams on Reach. Still debating buying Limbo, but everyone says it's so short.

I enjoyed the Crysis 2 MP demo for many hours, I love that the game is taking place in NYC, love the stuff they changed to the gameplay, definitely fun for what it is but you really aren't playing the game unless you're playing it on PC. I've read plenty of previews where they say they weren't able to tighten up the controls, framerates etc. with console hardware as much as they tried. 360 controller is confirmed to feel 3 times tighter and more responsive on PC.

I would rather play a game with solid 40FPS+ & smooth controls than a game with better graphics that isn't smooth.

Crysis 2 on PC will be a great fucking game, can't wait.

starsiege tribes

You know Tribes 2 is free to download and play now. Played it with some friends a while back, I really really really wish they would make a hardcore high quality spiritual successor to Tribes 2.

Crysis 2 is on console? lol.

but yea ps3 or 360 controllers on PC is the way to go. i've been debating what version of Rage to get (out in freaking september) since it's both racing and FPS.. and this would be the answer. you can even use a bluetooth dongle for multi ps3 controllers.

haha yeah i do the same thing, that might explain quite a bit of it.

and for the record, BFC, i live with 2 guys and another girl, and us girls are the only people that will even ATTEMPT to play Dead Space. also we are the spider killers.

but to be fair, we live with wussy guys.

you should get Amnesia The Dark Descent if you haven't played it yet, it's great to play with multiple people watching. especially wussy ones. or you can force the wussy ones to play for even more fun. it's only on PC but it's worth it, I prefer consoles but I doubt there'll ever be a console version.

i can vouch that dead space actually takes bals to play, not unlike doom3 without any flashlight addons or anything. i still have to finish dead space 1 before jumping into part 2.

Guest disparaissant

you should get Amnesia The Dark Descent if you haven't played it yet, it's great to play with multiple people watching. especially wussy ones. or you can force the wussy ones to play for even more fun. it's only on PC but it's worth it, I prefer consoles but I doubt there'll ever be a console version.

i do really want to, EVERYONE recommends it to me, and i do like being frightened, but i am poor as shit and my gfx card is only an x850 and the game needs an x1000. boooooo.

i only have an AGP slot, too. so i dunno if i can even GET an upgrade anymore, lol.

just get a 360 they less than a mid range graphics card, theres a huge online community, and the console standardization makes it so all games run "as they should run" and you arent left second guessing whether your hardware is cutting you short of the experience or not.

Guest disparaissant

just get a 360 they less than a mid range graphics card, theres a huge online community, and the console standardization makes it so all games run "as they should run" and you arent left second guessing whether your hardware is cutting you short of the experience or not.

i have a ps3 and a modded wii, and my roommates have a RROD'd 360 that maybe someday they will get around to having fixed. and they've got an unmodded wii. because they have morals or something, i dunno.

we've also got an SNES, an NES, gamecube, PS2, modded PS1, dreamcast, broken saturn, and an odyssey 2000.

so we're set for consoles.

basically, i am a huge nerd who lives with a bunch of other huge nerds.

like terpentintollwut said, though, it doesn't change the fact that amnesia is not out for any of those systems. and my PC is a piece of shit. unfortunately.

i was thinking about getting a wii just for mario galaxy 1 and 2 but then i see i have tons of 360 games i never even played and tons of older retro games like phantasmagoria that i still want to go back and play so its tough. what im really looking forward to is the next generation of consoles

i still have to play mgs4.

Don't bother. It is already extremely outdated and the english voices are so bad it hurts.

i still need to play it too. i don't think that could stop me. i'm way too big of a fan of msg 1, 2, & 3.

yea graphics dont mean much to me if the game is good, sometimes even if the game is bad ill still go back and play just for the hell of it. i love old games around the sega-cd era and a little before like space quest and shit

Archived