IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

BC:R2 - I don't think they messed this one up at all, huge improvement graphics wise tho, you have to see it to believe it.

15 bucks is a bit steep, but i didn't think twice about buying that one, just cuz I played the first one dozens of times.

I think the swinging is actually a bit better in this one.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday and went right on with Dead Space 2. I still wish they would have made it scarier because closet monsters and cheap scares wear off after a while.

yea im at chapter 10 right now and so far i find dead space 1 was a lot scarier

BC:R2 - I don't think they messed this one up at all, huge improvement graphics wise tho, you have to see it to believe it.

15 bucks is a bit steep, but i didn't think twice about buying that one, just cuz I played the first one dozens of times.

I think the swinging is actually a bit better in this one.

Super excited to play through this....the first BCR was actually better than the original BC, and that's saying a lot! It was in the top 3 from this generation for sure! I really hope this can live up!

i just found out yesterday you can hack a ps3 with a soft mod. i got all psyched and went and downloaded all the tools, but still dont feel compelled to get it out of the closet now. oh well

an 8 core cell broadband processor with the only 128-bit software system that exists with blu-ray games. yeah, total shit.

i mean, i'm a huge PC guy, but i recognize the power of said console, in particular.

did i say the ps3 was total shit? no i said i just didnt feel like getting it out of the closet. it is a powerful console, just a shame that developers dont care enough to program for the cell architecture to actually take advantage of it. its better suited for things like what the us military did in clustering 1000s of them for research purposes.

:facepalm:

I finished Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday and went right on with Dead Space 2. I still wish they would have made it scarier because closet monsters and cheap scares wear off after a while.

yea im at chapter 10 right now and so far i find dead space 1 was a lot scarier

Even the first Dead Space wasn't scary. It's full of jump-scares but I'm never afraid of entering the next room like I was with Silent Hill. Silent Hill was genuinely frightening and I even had to turn off my PC because I was too afraid of what would come next. Dead Space has none of that. Alan Wake came close. I'm not saying that it's a bad game - not at all. It has some fucking epic moments that blow all other horror and action games out of the water.

i am playing dead space 2 and went straight into it from dead space 1, it's not as scary but it's just as fun. i too am also on chapter 10. but lol at alan wake being scary

Alan Wake had it's moments, but it wasn't very scary, not enough variation for my taste. Fatal Frame 2 and Silent Hill 1+2 are the only games that ever managed to scare me. I haven't played that pc-indie title that everyone is raving about atm. I don't like playing games on my pc. I'm gay like that.

oh u mean minecraft that shit is agy

fuck, now you made me google it. It's called Amnesia: The dark descent.

never heard of it until now. doesnt look bad. the ability to make ur own stories sounds cool

go back a few pages, people (including me) have been writing lots about their experiences while playing it. it's one of the scariest games I've ever known. Dead Space also scares me but like Squee said it's more a jumpy kind of scary. Amnesia is just this constant dread of moving on. I think I also mentioned it but I gave Amnesia to my girlfriend for her birthday, she only played the first two hours or so and suffered from genuine insomnia, cried, hit me etc. :cisfor:

Guest Adjective

been playing through a lot of CPS 1,2,3 and Neo Geo roms on FBANext for PS3

Red Earth - pretty cool, nice graphics. feels street fighteresque but you fight different bosses and level up. had never heard of it before.

every(?) street fighter up to 3rd Strike - i still can't seem to pull off basic specials, at least not reliably with the ps3 controller. so that's kind of fucking these up for me. they all look nifty and run smoothly at least...

Magical Drop II/III - fun stuff, i guess there's a few games similar to these. looks pretty

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara - neat for what it is, sidescrolling beat 'em up with leveling/upgrades. only trouble with these is loading states doesn't seem to work for me, so it's pointless to play, i'm not sure how long it is though..

Metal Slug 1-## - ch'yeah!

Viewpoint - cool isometric 3d shooter, it looks really easy and yet i die constantly. but i'll keep practicing this one, i'm assuming some serious eye candy is to found later on

i suck at games basically

I recieved a beta invite for Rift. The game is fun, and by "game", I mean "logging in and pissing off the fanboys by typing 'WoW clone' into general chat".

93362_10_24_2008_7_52_36_PM_-_The_Lemmings_Logo_3_.jpg

(lol)

I'm on a hard Lemmings period right now. This game is NUTS. The music is AWESOME.

Oh and by the way, please WATMM let me know any other Megadrive/Genesis game that is cool enough to make me waste my time !!!

Oh and by the way, please WATMM let me know any other Megadrive/Genesis game that is cool enough to make me waste my time !!!

road rash 2

Archived