IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Well I still play Final Fantasy 7 every once and a while. The graphics are terrible, but it's still my favorite game of all time.

Good news everyone: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 are supposedly getting an HD remake for the PS3!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still have to play mgs4.

Don't bother. It is already extremely outdated and the english voices are so bad it hurts.

I disagree. I find it graphically better then most games out there still, hell they let you zoom in and check out every single pixel in the game, even during cut scenes.

Also the voice acting is fine, David Hayter did great. The only voice that maybe ticks me off is Drebins, being that its a tad too gangsta for me, beyond that all the sisters voices were awesome, and most of the original voice cast is intact including Liquid Revolver.

Don't bother. It is already extremely outdated and the english voices are so bad it hurts.

I disagree. I find it graphically better then most games out there still, hell they let you zoom in and check out every single pixel in the game, even during cut scenes.

Also the voice acting is fine, David Hayter did great. The only voice that maybe ticks me off is Drebins, being that its a tad too gangsta for me, beyond that all the sisters voices were awesome, and most of the original voice cast is intact including Liquid Revolver.

The voices are very American-Japanese anime-like. All the men in the game sound like they're ready to KICK SOME FUCKING ASS! or as if they've been smoking 20 cigarettes a day since they were 3.

just get a 360 they less than a mid range graphics card, theres a huge online community, and the console standardization makes it so all games run "as they should run" and you arent left second guessing whether your hardware is cutting you short of the experience or not.

i have a ps3 and a modded wii, and my roommates have a RROD'd 360 that maybe someday they will get around to having fixed. and they've got an unmodded wii. because they have morals or something, i dunno.

we've also got an SNES, an NES, gamecube, PS2, modded PS1, dreamcast, broken saturn, and an odyssey 2000.

so we're set for consoles.

basically, i am a huge nerd who lives with a bunch of other huge nerds.

like terpentintollwut said, though, it doesn't change the fact that amnesia is not out for any of those systems. and my PC is a piece of shit. unfortunately.

I can't believe someone else in America owns a Saturn. I used to play the hell out of Panzer Dragoon.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I enjoyed the Crysis 2 MP demo for many hours. I've read plenty of previews where they say they weren't able to tighten up the controls, framerates etc. with console hardware as much as they tried. 360 controller is confirmed to feel 3 times tighter and more responsive on PC. Crysis 2 on PC will be a great fucking game, can't wait.

Crysis 2 is on console? lol.

but yea ps3 or 360 controllers on PC is the way to go. i've been debating what version of Rage to get (out in freaking september) since it's both racing and FPS.. and this would be the answer. you can even use a bluetooth dongle for multi ps3 controllers.

They did a really good job getting it to even run on consoles to be fair, the software engine is quite advanced compared to console hardware. Console people don't even know what they are missing out on anymore. They just think like the fool below that PCs are some kind of huge dick in the butt hassle when it's quite the opposite.

just get a 360 they less than a mid range graphics card, theres a huge online community, and the console standardization makes it so all games run "as they should run" and you arent left second guessing whether your hardware is cutting you short of the experience or not.

That's not true, ATM (in some cases less than) a one hundred dollar GFX card can run any game out with much better playability & visual fidelity than a 360 or PS3. Console standardization is fucking up the gaming industry because developers are getting used to thinking it's fine to give consumers less than 30 frames per second quite often. Console hardware is definitely cutting you short of the experience. Games feel, look and play better on PC's for single player & multiplayer experiences. I'm not saying throw away your consoles but it's really not hard to make your PC better for making music/playing games that are way better on PC.

I can't believe someone else in America owns a Saturn.

Haha I loved my Saturn. I even had a 3DO.

Guest disparaissant

oh man i gotta say, dead space 2 is amazing just for the sheer variety of opportunities you get. i fucked up in the end of the last area, so i have no health packs, maybe half health, 2 shots on my plasma cutter, one stasis charge, and that's it. walked into a room, got jumped by one of the bigger necromorphs (the bumpy ones that are a bitch to kill) and one of the guys with the arms that explode. managed to stasis the big guy, buying me a few seconds to surgically remove the explody arm from the other dude, kinesis it into the big guy, then grab one of his arms, and use it to impale the now-non-explody guy to the wall.

it was one of those moments in a video game where you're like "yes, i am badass."

Well I still play Final Fantasy 7 every once and a while. The graphics are terrible, but it's still my favorite game of all time.

Good news everyone: Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 are supposedly getting an HD remake for the PS3!

Oh my god i hope that is true. fav series of all time.

Guest disparaissant

Oh my god i hope that is true. fav series of all time.

oh god yes. 3 is the bestest ever.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The statement she made was not a spoiler & it was pretty easy to tell it was not. She already explained didn't believe she was posting a spoiler & I concur.

i just found my old Atari Lynx buried in the garage, the sound chip in it is ridiculous. the games are mostly horrible though except for stun runner which oddly is the only good Atari game they translated for the console

Guest disparaissant

dispaiirisant did you know there is a reason for spoiler tags

if you didnt i will tell you the reason

you use them when you are telling a spoiler which will ruin the game for someone else if they read it.

what bfc said. jesus christ dude, learn to read.

ps - smape kills dumblemort

Guest disparaissant

you basically explained in detail an entire late game boss battle

no, i explained an early game insignificant encounter that was made tense by lack of ammo.

for the third time, learn to read.

Guest disparaissant
i fucked up in the end of the last area

last as in prior? words have more than one meaning you know.

do you ever stop crying?

last as in prior?

the way your post was written did not make it clear at all that you meant 'prior'

words have more than one meaning you know.

i didnt know that words had more than one meaning thanks for telling me that

do you ever stop crying?

good insult

Guest disparaissant
last as in prior?

the way your post was written did not make it clear at all that you meant 'prior'

in context i think it's pretty clear. it's certainly clear that it's not a boss fight.

words have more than one meaning you know.

i didnt know that words had more than one meaning thanks for telling me that

you're more than welcome.

do you ever stop crying?

good insult

certainly not my finest, but thanks anyways.

oh yeah

got to return to the ishimura, holy fucking hell they upped the creep factor in there. everything's covered in white plastic with biohazard logos, but it's recognizable. there weren't even any enemies for a while, just crazy noises and hallucinations and oh goddamn.

such an uneasy feel, so incredibly well done. the sound design is fantastic.

The voices are very American-Japanese anime-like. All the men in the game sound like they're ready to KICK SOME FUCKING ASS! or as if they've been smoking 20 cigarettes a day since they were 3.

No offence Squee but I really don't know what you are talking about. Can you give me some examples? I started trying to cycle through some of the characters in my head and couldn't think of one you'd be talking about besides David Hayter. Otacon, Raiden, Roy Cambell, Johnny, Vamp.. they all have very different voices, and all of them pretty soft spoken, even Vamp with his slick spanish accent.

Are aware that Liquid, Solidus, and Snake are all clones?

No offence Squee but I really don't know what you are talking about. Can you give me some examples? I started trying to cycle through some of the characters in my head and couldn't think of one you'd be talking about besides David Hayter. Otacon, Raiden, Roy Cambell, Johnny, Vamp.. they all have very different voices, and all of them pretty soft spoken, even Vamp with his slick spanish accent.

Are aware that Liquid, Solidus, and Snake are all clones?

I might have exaggerated when I said that they ALL sounded the same, but come on... if someone talked like that in a movie you would be laughing your ass off.

Archived