IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

MGS4 is a strange beast. The first 2 games were all about dense gameplay in a smaller area. Lots of backtracking and upgrading your security cards, etc. mgs4 is all about big areas where you just keep going forward. The story is really good, the graphics are good, the gameplay and shooting is fun, but there is a feeling that they abandoned a few core elements of gameplay from the previous games.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess i can sorta see what they were trying to go for...i mean i loved the resident evil series because of exploring the huge mansion/backtracking...but they successfully updated the model with RE4....and i guess i never got that sorta "wow they innovated this proper!" feeling.

I was about to get into BF3, but then MW3 came out.

I start Marvel Ultimate Alliance recently, but I don't know if I'll finish it. I only like playing this kinds of dungeon crawlers with other people.

Guest bitroast

i seriously loved the fuck out of all the metal gear solid games. they have their flaws and quirks, but overall each game is seriously up there among the best games ever made. very much looking forward to the HD collection coming out shortly (have never played the PSP title).

finished Uncharted 3 yesterday. pretty much everything you'd expect from a game called >UNCHARTED 3<. it's the third uncharted. and it's good.

Yeah, MGS Rising looks awesome. I too eagerly await more info on it. They've been so quiet about it since last years E3. Give us more dagnammit!

Skyrim should arrive by mail tomorrow morning!!! Gotta finish MGS3 HD before then.

Guest Enter a new display name

In the last 3 days, I have completed Spyro The Dragon, Chrono Cross and Megaman 2 (the final stage was hard as fuck, probably harder than in the first Megaman!). I'm now playing Megaman 3.

Guest bitroast

i used to own mega man 2 as a kid and have played it from start to end on a number of occassions, familiarised myself with it. mega man 1, on the other hand, i've only attempted a few times and struggled every time. maybe 2 is harder and it's a just a matter of familiarity.

Disgaea 1 at the moment. i needed more strategy rpg after that (awesome) Tactics Ogre remake, so i picked Disgaea 1 since i hadn't played it in many years. i went thru the ultra hidden secret Etna storyline and now i'm going thru the main story (making this my fourth playthrough). it's as hilarious/hard/complex/polished as i can remember. excellent, excellent game.

have also been playing Skyrim. it made me discover my hidden Elder Scroll wang which has since grown into a sizable boner. with that i mean that i'm getting very nostalgic for Morrowind/Oblivion while playing. i like it, but will have to see how long it stays fresh.

Chrono Cross

nice. on the ps1, or emulated?

I didn't even realize the MGS collection was out already - how's the HD upscaling - GoW quality, or Resident Evil 4 (blergh!) quality?

It's good upscaling. GoW quality for sure. They're gonna take a while to platinum. But I aim to eventually do it. I managed to beat MGS3 last night. It really is one of the best games ever made.

Skyrim just came in the mail. I'm installing the update now. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it. I'm so excited. :gamer:

In the last 3 days, I have completed Spyro The Dragon, Chrono Cross and Megaman 2 (the final stage was hard as fuck, probably harder than in the first Megaman!). I'm now playing Megaman 3.

Megaman 5's last boss will fuck your world up big time...

Gonna probably go get Uncharted 3, even though I really really really want to get Dark Souls - I just know if I start playing DS, it will eat up weeks and weeks of time like Demon's Souls has.

Guest nightex

Just finished batlefield 3 (easy) it was short but good game, playing SC2 now, good online experience... I wish I had more time for games

Okay, in retrospect, arkham city is a great game. I would recommend those who play it to not rush through the main story, first of all, do the VR training missions first, so you can get the grapple boost, which makes infinite flying possible. Don't wait until the end like me. I also recommend visiting the riddler church, which I also completely neglected. This will unlock the ability to interrogate riddler's henchmen and unlock the room riddles(like in the first game), instead of just random trophies. Plus it unlocks the whole riddler-hostage side mission thing.

Anyways, I have been having fun exploring the city and getting some more of the riddler trophies and side missions done. The side missions are great, campaign quality stories. I realize now they were probably meant to be interspersed with the main storyline. The mad hatter sequence was pretty crazy, I wish I could wear that bunny mask at all times.

Archived