IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

would you recommend Mass Effect 2? Ive never played the first, but I think i noticed that the same company that did Star Wars KOTR (which I loved) did Mass Effect..and its only 20 bucks on Amazon!

Besides getting like 70 perfect scores review wise...

The action is just like KOTR (bring up radial menu to pause game, select spell/weapons/powers) cept it as a real-time 3rd person shooter element. You can play it more in real time then KOTOR as the game automaps some of your abilities to your shoulder buttons and triangle/Y. You have two teammates as well that you can dish out orders to, so you can balance a team etc.

The story is more adult, darker, sexier.

I'm the most bias'd person possible, but I think ME1 and ME2 are two of the best games ever. Franchise is easily in my top 3.

Absolutely.

You don't really have to worry about not having played ME1 because there's a recap menu in ME2 that'll explain everything to you.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Batman Arkham City. The PC version is a bit broken at the moment. DirectX 11 features make it unplayable and I get a lot of stuttering. Too bad because the PC port of Arkham Asylum was very smooth and pretty.

I'm not too far in but it's fun, not very different from the first one but I like that it's more open. The flying controls could be better and I'm not too keen on the heavy reliance on detective mode but whatever. And ugh, fuck "Games for Windows Live".

i bought tribes ascend last night cuz i saw total biscuit playin and it looked awesome but its pretty bad like everything about it feels like some kind of weird advertisement for it self like every screen is asking u to pay them more and more and more money its ridiculous.. its like if u dont buy the thing that gives u bonus xp it has this big red box on every end game screen that says BONUS XP NONE CLICK HERE TO BUY A BOOSTER

and its like ur always drawn to these stupid things and it feels gross

also it doesnt have the same feel as tribes vengeance, the maps feel not very well thought out. its just a bunch of hills and small bases with huge hall ways.

tribes vengeance had like big awesome mountains and cities and really cool maps this just seems lame so far idk i regret payin 30 bucks for the super pro account cuz its free to play but i wanted to play the beta but whatever maybe since its a beta the full game will be better well see

asscreed: revelations.

this is pretty much the most solid series i've ever played. i love the new mechanics introduced--doesn't feel stale at all (well, maybe a bit, combat is still tedious sometimes). i just ubisoft weren't such dicks about drm so i could play this beast on my pc instead of my xbox.

ditched skyrim after completing the main quest..it's better than oblivion but still..

was playing the new anno game for a while. great game mechanics, very pretty graphics and lots of details, addicting as crack as usual.

still playing my fave game of all time: Europa Universalis III

started a game as Austria...its only 1501, and ive already inherited Bohemia, Baden, Burgundy, almost all of Northern Italy, a couple of northern German kingdoms, and have been Holy Roman Emperor for over 80 years.

Next stop, forcing a personal union with Hungary and tearing France apart before it gets too powerful.

Just saw a trailer for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqdSOTnR6I

Todd McFarlane, R.A Salvatore... this could be awesome. I'v been following this game for quite some time... glad to hear it was pushed back to February, that (hopefully) means more time for polish... the devs have said that they want to release a bug free (lol) game.

Bought Terraria last night as at £1.50 how could I refuse? Don't really know what I'm doing at the moment but am enjoying clearing out the wasteland to make a castle before my big adventures below the surface. Plus it works on my machine! (unlike you Mr. Minecraft who decided to give up on me after v1.8)

I got really into Terraria when it came out, racked up tons of hours just exploring and getting the best gear. But then, when there was nothing else to find, and nothing left to do, I lost interest completely.

But those first few hours were magical - the randomised cave systems are fun and risky to explore as you throw torches into the blackness and try not to drown - and apparently the new update adds tons of end-game stuff. Maybe it's time I picked it up again...

Guest AcrossCanyons

just brought a pre owned fallout 3 w/ all the expansions. played the game before but don't remember how far i got or much of what i did, and i've never touched the expansions. only cost a fiver so can't really go wrong. just need a cheap new time-sink until all these new games get cheap enough for me to buy.

Playing Batman Arkham City. The PC version is a bit broken at the moment. DirectX 11 features make it unplayable and I get a lot of stuttering. Too bad because the PC port of Arkham Asylum was very smooth and pretty.

I'm not too far in but it's fun, not very different from the first one but I like that it's more open. The flying controls could be better and I'm not too keen on the heavy reliance on detective mode but whatever. And ugh, fuck "Games for Windows Live".

Just one tip, make sure to do the VR flying training where you fly through rings before you get really far into the game. Reason being is it unlocks a new flying mechanic that makes the city a lot easier to traverse. I made the mistake of not doing it until I completed the main story as well as several side missions. Made me feel like I made everything harder.

Archived