IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: I got past the first mission and I untied the noose. Having fun playing resistance 3 with the play station move though.

Cool. Do you have any other games, I've never played any of the resistance games but I think I might pick up the first 2 because they are wicked cheap.

Update: I got past the first mission and I untied the noose. Having fun playing resistance 3 with the play station move though.

Cool. Do you have any other games, I've never played any of the resistance games but I think I might pick up the first 2 because they are wicked cheap.

I have no idea how resistance 3 rates in comparison to really any other fps because i haven't played one since the original halo, but with the move i've had a blast in a genre i usually find utterly stultifying. I just picked this one up because I've always been a big fan of insomniac, i.e. rachet and clank. I might get the first two as well. Other than that I picked up fifa and tiger woods 12 cause i love footy and golf lol. I forgot how much fun video games are!

maybe its just me but the way the spider comes at u slowly is 1 thing thats creepy as heck , but then when u get to the other people who are setting traps for you i just cant handle that, its just so creepy with nobody talking and theres noREASON for these ppl to be so violent and rude towards u for some reason it just causes me so much grief

I have no idea how resistance 3 rates in comparison to really any other fps because i haven't played one since the original halo, but with the move i've had a blast in a genre i usually find utterly stultifying. I just picked this one up because I've always been a big fan of insomniac, i.e. rachet and clank. I might get the first two as well. Other than that I picked up fifa and tiger woods 12 cause i love footy and golf lol. I forgot how much fun video games are!

cool, well ps3 has a lot of great games most of which you can pick up for pretty cheap so if you need suggestions just ask.

I finally, after about a week made it through "The Womb II" and beat moms heart in The Binding of Issac. What an awesome game. I think I've unlocked everyone but one character and I don't remember which. Lots of replay value.

1-sacrifice_of_isaac-caravaggio.jpg

Yeah actually some recommendations would be great, as this is essentially for official research purposes and not on my dollar lol.

as far as exclusives go, I think the uncharted games are really amazing(especially uncharted 2 and 3), infamous 1, metal gear solid 4, god of war collection and god of war 3, and heavy rain (another good move title). As far as cross-platform games I think bioshock, dead space, assassin's creed 2 and brotherhood, red dead redemption, both batman arkham asylum and arkham city, half life 2 and portal 2 are my favorites. as far as fps go the popular military ones are battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 3, and the call of duty series. I've also heard good things about the killzone games, which are ps3 exclusive, but I didn't like the demos I tried.

I finally, after about a week made it through "The Womb II" and beat moms heart in The Binding of Issac. What an awesome game. I think I've unlocked everyone but one character and I don't remember which. Lots of replay value.

1-sacrifice_of_isaac-caravaggio.jpg

there is also a character called ??? but you don't unlock him until you beat mom's heart with all characters I think. I have beat mom's heart with all characters except for judas.

Guest Enter a new display name

Yeah actually some recommendations would be great, as this is essentially for official research purposes and not on my dollar lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSone_Classics_(North_America)

I would recommend Chrono Cross, Crash Bandicoot 2-3, Final Fantasy VII-VIII-IX, Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve I-II, Megaman I-II-III-IV, Spyro 1-2-3, Xenogears

Have fun :sup:

I'm checking out Chrono Cross. Never played it before. So far its, great, however I'm only about 2 hours in.

This game probably has the best soundtrack of the console.

I'm checking out Chrono Cross. Never played it before. So far its, great, however I'm only about 2 hours in.

u playin it on ps3? be careful, mine completely freezes up...its a great game though

Guest AcrossCanyons

I downloaded the Rage demo and controls and layout (the crafting screen etc. plus what genius came up with the subtitles layering over each other) are a bit confusing at first but I think it'd run quite smooth when you get into it. I liked the shooting part of the demo a lot, died a few times on the hardest difficulty. definitely seems a whole lot like borderlands.

also the sonic generations demo, quite good fun but I've never been into classic sonic games.

Guest analogue wings

Started playing LA Noire on PC. Once I found the workaround for the unplayable slideshow framerate, I played the first few cases and then... I played some more cases... um is this actually NOT an open world game? It looks like you do one case at a time in the order it tells you to...

I downloaded the Rage demo and controls and layout (the crafting screen etc. plus what genius came up with the subtitles layering over each other) are a bit confusing at first but I think it'd run quite smooth when you get into it. I liked the shooting part of the demo a lot, died a few times on the hardest difficulty. definitely seems a whole lot like borderlands.

I feel like Id looked at Borderlands and said, 'hey, let's make this, but with less humour and weapons, and more realistic graphics and let's keep the story to ourselves until the very end of the game!' The shooting is tight and it's definitely pretty, but I don't feel like it has enough going for it in any other areas to keep it fun.

Guest Gravity

Finished Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS.

Such a fun game. It's really amazing how they can still pump out fantastic Mario games after so many years. Catchy tunes as always.

It's sort of a mixture between 3D and 2D Mario games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BvNfcFJkMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oFWdlBCxgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYoP3_p2-N8

And of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8zB8ITb40

so Im in my last two weeks of my grad schooling, and I wanted something to reward myself with when I graduate

would you recommend Mass Effect 2? Ive never played the first, but I think i noticed that the same company that did Star Wars KOTR (which I loved) did Mass Effect..and its only 20 bucks on Amazon!

the binding of isaac... It is sooo god damn addicting. I guess I should have put this in the indie games thread. only $5 on steam. Each game is fresh because it is randomly generated items, and dungeon.

i love that game i have like 50 hours in it LOL

yeh decent roguelike but very very simple much like Voxatron. any of you play ZHP: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman? superdeep roguelike/S-RPG hybrid. love this one so damn much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEqIzM843U

there's a great Dungeon Master style fps roguelike (pre-daggerfall crawler) being made by a finnish studio ATM, it's called Legend of Grimrock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnTeQFBIq0

after playing isaac i looked into rogue likes but couldnt find anything that seemed remotely interesting. do u have any suggestions?

besides those. haha

ZHP deserves a chance for sure

finally finished infamous 2, pretty lame. Infamous 1 was much better, infamous 2 just had better powers and more explosions, but the first one had a better build up and storyline and better missions.

would you recommend Mass Effect 2? Ive never played the first, but I think i noticed that the same company that did Star Wars KOTR (which I loved) did Mass Effect..and its only 20 bucks on Amazon!

Besides getting like 70 perfect scores review wise...

The action is just like KOTR (bring up radial menu to pause game, select spell/weapons/powers) cept it as a real-time 3rd person shooter element. You can play it more in real time then KOTOR as the game automaps some of your abilities to your shoulder buttons and triangle/Y. You have two teammates as well that you can dish out orders to, so you can balance a team etc.

The story is more adult, darker, sexier.

I'm the most bias'd person possible, but I think ME1 and ME2 are two of the best games ever. Franchise is easily in my top 3.

Archived