IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Let The Right One In

Never saw this until last night, I'm so sad I missed it in the cinema because it's a fucking sublime film. The cinematography is gorgeous! Definitely the best vampire film I've seen, it just oozes charm, stunning soundtrack too. I just can't say enough good things about it really.

Highlights:

Eli coming in uninvited.

Lady in the hospital (perfect scene)

Chainsaw cutting through the ice

The snow against black

Nothing but love for this film.

And the dad falling out the window and hitting his head on the dumpster on his way down

KAPOW!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let The Right One In

Never saw this until last night, I'm so sad I missed it in the cinema because it's a fucking sublime film. The cinematography is gorgeous! Definitely the best vampire film I've seen, it just oozes charm, stunning soundtrack too. I just can't say enough good things about it really.

Highlights:

Eli coming in uninvited.

The snow against black

And the dad falling out the window and hitting his head on the dumpster on his way down

KAPOW!

Yep! I only omitted that because I didn't want to highlight just violent scenes! Hehe

Let The Right One In

Highlights:

Eli coming in uninvited.

The snow against black

KAPOW!

Yep! I only omitted that because I didn't want to highlight just violent scenes! Hehe

I've been a sucker for people falling from buildings since I watched the first Turtles movie :whistling:

But you're right about the soundtrack. It's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdhQDkW_4g

Let The Right One In

Highlights:

Eli coming in uninvited.

The snow against black

KAPOW!

I've been a sucker for people falling from buildings since I watched the first Turtles movie :whistling:

But you're right about the soundtrack. It's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdhQDkW_4g

Beautiful.

The White Ribbon - 9/10 - This is definitely the best film of '09... even one of the better films of the '00s. Haneke builds this inescapable semblance that entraps the viewer, very much like the children, in this relentless, oppressed, antebellum world, pre WW1. The cuts are slow, the dialogue is slow, and as is just about everything else, all used as a tool to show, to engrave into the mind, rather than tell, the reasons of this world and its bleak future that lies ahead. This film is brutal and though there is little violence actually on film, one cannot help but feel for the violence which is just as daunting on the psyche as seeing. At times it felt to be an homage to a past time in film... it felt as though I was watching a Begrman film. Any who... great film and I cannot wait to watch again.

Léon - 8.5/10 - fuck me, what a great movie! i always thought this was some kids movie, haha, stupid me. actually, lucky me, because i saved it for now :)

Léon - 8.5/10 - fuck me, what a great movie! i always thought this was some kids movie, haha, stupid me. actually, lucky me, because i saved it for now :)

how the hell did you manage to think that??

how the hell did you manage to think that??

no idea, really. anyways, i'm glad :)

ive decided to spend my three days off mostly watching films (all in hd so my selection is somewhat limited) and ive started with john boormans 'the tailor of panama'. 5/10 so far cause its boring the shit out of me. i absolutley love 'deliverance' and the one with lee marvin is amazing.. i dont kow, maybe its my mood or maybe im too stoned but im having trouble getting into this. harry potter is in it too.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

The final cut: :undecided:/12

The one with Robin Williams? Worst movie ever.

yes, that one.

I have to agree with you, especially because it ends abruptly leaving many characters undeveloped, thus making them uninteresting.

rehearsals for extinct anatomies - 9.6/10

the china syndrome - 7/10

inventorium sladov - 8/10

bear island - 6.5/10, poor man's The Thing

das schloss - 8.5/10

the imaginarium of dr parnassus - 6.5/10

the road - 5.6/10

the quiet earth - 7.4/10

three days of the condor - max von sydow/10

kin-dza-dza - 8/10

the great silence - 6/10

the scale of one to ten - 10/10 :wub:

zardoz is lol worthy but hes done at least two (in my opinion) great films of "movie history" caliber.....

which one besides Deliverance? Excalibur? im curious because ive really tried and never succeeded finding another one

zardoz is lol worthy but hes done at least two (in my opinion) great films of "movie history" caliber.....

which one besides Deliverance? Excalibur? im curious because ive really tried and never succeeded finding another one

he probably means the General, which was good

Archived