IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest disparaissant

get your own computer

:cisfor:

i have my own computer, it's just i would rather watch it on a big HDTV with a decent sound system :P

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Hanna

quite good, a little bit aimless. The script probably could have gone through a few more drafts. All the set pieces were a bit clichéd, fight in a dockyard with a maze of shipping crates I think has been done too many times. And the abandoned theme park looked cool but just felt a bit silly at the same time. I didn’t really like the opening and closing line, just didn’t seem to work. I feel like this was almost a lot better than it turned out.

Body Of Lies

Okay. Ebert's review said it's basically a James Bond film and he's absolutely right. I did quite like the Russell Crowe character and the Jordanian intelligence guy, can't remember his name

Hanna

quite good, a little bit aimless. The script probably could have gone through a few more drafts. All the set pieces were a bit clichéd, fight in a dockyard with a maze of shipping crates I think has been done too many times. And the abandoned theme park looked cool but just felt a bit silly at the same time. I didn’t really like the opening and closing line, just didn’t seem to work. I feel like this was almost a lot better than it turned out.

whut...that was one of the worst films I've ever seen...uniquely awful...

The Kings Speech - 8/10 - Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Didn't go on too long like I thought it could do.

127 Hours - 6/10 - An ok film. A little bit boring though.

The Girl Who Played With Fire - 8/10 - Not as good as the original but still a really good film imo. Looking forward to seeing the last one now.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Hanna

whut...that was one of the worst films I've ever seen...uniquely awful...

I can see why people wouldn't like it for a number of reasons but I thought at the very least it was shot really well

Guest Al Hounos

Secret Sunshine (밀양)

Another perfect example of the kind of relentless, unapologetic realism at which Korean cinema is incredibly adept. Brutally sad yet with a touch of hope, but a very real and honest ray of light. not the smarmy, condescending type that has to be inserted into any Hollywood, or hell, any Western film these days. (It's about a woman who goes crazy after a series of horrible tragedies.) A must watch.

10/10

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

harry potter and the deathly hallows part two

entertaining. i wouldnt have filmed the epilogue though.

do wizards age differently to muggles? dumbledore was 300 years old and the woman prof never ages either (from the flashbacks) so maybe it wasnt' as ridiculous as it looked. they basically parted their hair a little more and gave jinny a handbag.

i didnt understand how harry resurrected after you-know-who killed him either.

So, had a busy morning yesterday taking the dog for a run, prepping and cooking a roast, cleaning the house, etc. while the missus was at work. I got done with a bunch of crap and decided I wanted to veg out and watch something retarded that I could also step out of the room and fold the laundry, play with the pups, etc.

Went for this:

51TEAE9QP1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Surprisingly not completely horrid. Shitty Sunday Matinee fare for sure, but way better than most of the crap Hellraiser spinoffs that have come down the line. More cerebral than expected, adequately shot, decently acted, a few moments of humor that didn't fall completely flat. Oh, and watch for the chick smoking the bong in the first few scenes who a)doesn't actually appear to pull out the stem b)doesn't appear to fill the chamber c)doesn't appear to inhale anything and d)doesn't appear to actually exhale anything either. A pantomime of pot smoking. A++++!

whatever

I can highly vouch for Hellraiser Inferno. It's a triff film. And Hellseeker (I think that's the one with Kirsty from the first two) is surprisingly good as well.

went to see Horrible Bosses with the fam

2/10

fucking predictable as shit, unfunny mess.

jennifer aniston was great as the oversexual boss, and Jamie Foxx was probably the only funny thing in the entire movie...and he was on for about 10 min.

jason sudeikis has to be the most unfunny person ive ever seen on screen.

Guest Mirezzi

I sat through Going the Distance with my wife and her mother. Jason Sudeikis sucks and so does that shrill little fucker from It's Always Sunny. Talk about undeserved fame. Jesus christ...

This asshole:

Charlie-Day-f021.jpg

i love Its Sunny in Philly but once you take his character outside of that its just a one=trick pony show.

there is a scene involving him and cocaine in Horrible Bosses....did anyone say unnecessary?

fuck jason sudeikis. fuck you ya smarmy prick

see post above.

i just rewatched ariel.

definitely the funniest of kaurismaki's proletariat trilogy. Pelonpaa gives a great performance as usual. It's almost like a screwball comedy done finnish style. which means there's no screwball part. I don't know what i'm talking about lol but it;s great fun and it;s only like an hour

Archived