IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

contrived is probably the wrong word.. just overly pretentious and self important. felt like it was striving to hit some profound nerve

well the movie leaves a lot for your own imagination to fill in blanks, i ve watched it five times and pondered it furiously and i found it to be super genious but thats maybe just because of how genious i am so naturally i think the movie is like that. which is maybe the thing with you where you are really like that and its mirroring your own self importance

yepp it's impossible for me to have an objective opinion about a film because naturally everything I write is self reflective

nono i didnt say ur self reflecting i said the movie is self reflecting. thats the whole thing about one eye he is like a mirror for the characters and also the audience. u put ur self into the movie thats the whole point

ya whether u like it or not thats just how it is im sorry

there was a non arian person in harry potter? disgraceful! I didn't even notice.

Yeah dumblebutt made some dumb exit and then he said "that mans got style" in the most contrived way possible for the stereotype of his race

I like your rating style. Those two Fellini's are the epitome of :sup:

thanks, i keep my ratings legit :emotawesomepm9:

and yeah, Fellini shits on any other 60's director imo...cept maybe Leone. and David Lean.

And Kurosawa.

And Kubrick.

I've been watching films at work at night for the past week and a half so not even going to rate them as they are time fillers.

Mr popers penguins

Gullivers travels

Black snake moan

30 seconds or less

Tower heist

Indeed she's getting those tittys out once every 5 mins. She was super thin as well, made her fore head look even bigger.

Yeah, too skinny. Her forehead is perfect though.

if u wanna see ricci naked check out ''after life'' shes naked thoughout the movie.. never finished the film though. coz it was a bit boring.

Indeed she's getting those tittys out once every 5 mins. She was super thin as well, made her fore head look even bigger.

if u wanna see ricci naked check out ''after life'' shes naked thoughout the movie.. never finished the film though. coz it was a bit boring.

I skipped through that movie only to watch her naked scenes. I enjoyed those scenes. I did not enjoy the rest. She's perfect in Prozac Nation though.

i always like liam neeson, i am attracted to ricci, i watched the film as one of my no-brainer before bed film, but didnt know of the tittes, so i kinda watched most of it to hope to see more ...then couldnt be bothered near the end,

-

Horrible Bosses 0/10 the screechy guy ruined the film every time he opened his mouth.. actually.. in fact the whole film was shit. Horrible FILM.

Chinatown - 8/10 lovely film, but i heard so much about the amazing 'twist' when it happened i wasn't really shocked, as i was hoping it would be loads better.. anyways im interested to know why the screenplay is meant to be one of the most perfect screenplays ever written though.

wanked and fell asleep/10

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wanked and fell asleep/10

surely a 10/10 then

Guest Xenblake

The American Friend 8/10

Really liked it. It's the first Wim Wenders film I'e seen. Can anyone recommend other good Wim Wenders films?

One Point O (2004) - 7/10 pretty good near-future dystopic setting revolving around a paranoid computer programmer who has no idea of what the "bigger picture" of the software he's making is (think Cube). we meet his worried boss demanding finished code after it's deadline, an eccentric German robotics hobbyist neighbour, a strange landlord who needs help getting rid of viruses off his terminal, a creator of a virtual reality sex world, a rogue courier who can "get anything you want"...edgey omnipresent vibe thoughout.. paranoia, mix in a bit of corporate conspiracy and it becomes a biting commentary on advertising ethics.

6pi/10pi

think pi :sup:

6pi/10pi

have to admit i didn't enjoy the film per se, it could be rather unsettling at times. kinda like how not exactly enjoying Enter the Void but it still being a worthwhile experience. if you're the kind of person that enjoys a bit of Dickey (Phil K, that is) it has that same oppressive atmosphere of reality unwinding as in his stories, and even afterwards you're still kinda foggy of things but that's sort of deliberate (also not knowing completely what's going on in the outside world apart from through newspapers).

Thoughts on what was going on:

Shit that's pretty concrete/not up for interpretation

- the 'upgrade' to get rid of the bugs is nothing more than another version of the experimental protototype, only this one ups the ante and reveals completely new bugs with far more devastating effects

- Howard is like Robert Deniro's character in Brazil, ie. part of a small fraction of the population that has the "bigger picture" understanding of society

- Howard can't stop the enemy or the experiment (which he knew about all along), but he can rebel by liberating minds of the experimentees

- We are to assume that in this world of sentient AI and robotics it would possible to transfer human minds into a new artificial body

- The robotics hobbyist won't listen to the paranoid rants of his android, so the droid tries to warn the others in the building through the network (i guess that's pretty bloody obvious with the phone calls)

Shit that's a bit speculative:

- The code Simon is working on might well have had something to do with the experiment. Was it that they waiting on his piece of the code to advance the prototype? He is coding & unit testing something which gets integrated into a bigger program, but the whole structure of the project is compartmentalized enough so that no single person has any clue of the overall purpose (including Simon's boss)

- Was the same corporation also Simon's IT firm's client? Or..could it be that they were their rivals? Infecting Simon could've also meant crushing the competition, who were perhaps close to bringing out similar technology. It's interesting to speculate but theres nothing solid to bite into there. They definately set us up on purpose to think about that

Horrible Bosses 0/10 the screechy guy ruined the film every time he opened his mouth.. actually.. in fact the whole film was shit. Horrible FILM.

My thoughts exactly on this one.

Also tonight i watched Salt, meh story wise, some cool fights, all be it alittle stupid in places 5/10

The American Friend 8/10

Really liked it. It's the first Wim Wenders film I'e seen. Can anyone recommend other good Wim Wenders films?

these 2 films are so good, even though i watched them ages ago, they're still fresh on my mind.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093191/ 10/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069687/ 10/10

The American Friend 8/10

only 2 i've seen...

paris, texas - a beautiful, must see 10/10 movie.

buena vista social club - even if you don't like cuban music you probably will after watching this, an amazingly shot and heart warming documentary.

6pi/10pi

have to admit i didn't enjoy the film per se, it could be rather unsettling at times. kinda like how not exactly enjoying Enter the Void but it still being a worthwhile experience. if you're the kind of person that enjoys a bit of Dickey (Phil K, that is) it has that same oppressive atmosphere of reality unwinding as in his stories, and even afterwards you're still kinda foggy of things but that's sort of deliberate (also not knowing completely what's going on in the outside world apart from through newspapers).

Thoughts on what was going on:

Shit that's pretty concrete/not up for interpretation

- the 'upgrade' to get rid of the bugs is nothing more than another version of the experimental protototype, only this one ups the ante and reveals completely new bugs with far more devastating effects

- Howard is like Robert Deniro's character in Brazil, ie. part of a small fraction of the population that has the "bigger picture" understanding of society

- Howard can't stop the enemy or the experiment (which he knew about all along), but he can rebel by liberating minds of the experimentees

- We are to assume that in this world of sentient AI and robotics it would possible to transfer human minds into a new artificial body

- The robotics hobbyist won't listen to the paranoid rants of his android, so the droid tries to warn the others in the building through the network (i guess that's pretty bloody obvious with the phone calls)

Shit that's a bit speculative:

- The code Simon is working on might well have had something to do with the experiment. Was it that they waiting on his piece of the code to advance the prototype? He is coding & unit testing something which gets integrated into a bigger program, but the whole structure of the project is compartmentalized enough so that no single person has any clue of the overall purpose (including Simon's boss)

- Was the same corporation also Simon's IT firm's client? Or..could it be that they were their rivals? Infecting Simon could've also meant crushing the competition, who were perhaps close to bringing out similar technology. It's interesting to speculate but theres nothing solid to bite into there. They definately set us up on purpose to think about that

i meant pi the movie, it has a similar atmosphere.

My thoughts exactly on this one.

Also tonight i watched Salt, meh story wise, some cool fights, all be it alittle stupid in places 5/10

I'm just shocked that movies like Horrible Bosses from the trailer promise to be as dark and twisted as comedies like 'Very Bad things' but then come off as weak sauce pussy watered down versions of that type of comedy. I mean for fucks sake, the premise is they are going to kill eachothers bosses right? and then when literally none of their bosses are murdered by the main characters you kind of wonder why in the hell they bothered making the movie

Archived