IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Keira Knightly was great in A Dangerous Method.

Have any of you ever seen anyone with a bad tic or a bad stammer? She did her homework.

Was it an over the top performance? Maybe if you have never met someone with similar disablities.

She reminded me of several people I knew when I worked as a medicine delivery man for hospices and housebound persons.

Viggo is amazing as Freud as well, so whomever dislikes this film is not familiar with the nature of humans and/or film making.

sorry Robbie, opinions are like peeholes, hopefully we all have them.

Have any of you ever seen anyone with a bad tic or a bad stammer? She did her homework.

Was it an over the top performance? Maybe if you have never met someone with similar disablities.

She reminded me of several people I knew when I worked as a medicine delivery man for hospices and housebound persons.

Viggo is amazing as Freud as well, so whomever dislikes this film is not familiar with the nature of humans and/or film making.

i just thought it was a really mixed bag, it had some great acting and moments ill give it that.

I've seen fucked up people in my life. You'll notice it in their eyes first. Her eyes were all "oh, look I'm playing mental here", but actually was too calm. I'd play it better than her.

watched that french movie about the guy and his neighbour that he falls in love with, Stephanie, in his dream world. modern film, can't think of the name right now, something with sleep? The Science of Sleep? liked it.

The Science Of Sleep.

8,5+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUCrM5i_W3c

i watched this last night too

charming film -beautiful ending - i enjoyed

7.75 / 10

Take-Shelter-Movie-Poster.jpg

9/10

Just watched this based on this thread. Immense--I've never seen a more accurate portrayal of mental illness on film in my life. Could go on for ages about it but will confirm the 9/10 heartily.

"Traffic" for like the 6th or 7th time - just a great movie. Gets better every time. I don't know if Soderbergh can top it to be honest.

You just made me think of "Ending (An Ascent)" while Benicio watches a baseball game and I broke out in "fucking incredible movie" tingles

that looks good - and it's got the dude who plays the FBI agent with the serious mental (religious - (is there a difference?)) issues in Boardwalk Empire (where he does a great job), so I'll check that out.

Yeah that ending is awesome. there's so much awesome in that movie though. Benicio Del Toro - serious manlove for him.

Watched a movie called "Traitor" the other night. Two great actors in Don Cheadle and Guy Pierce I thought it would be a good flick. Pretty average. 6.5 out of 10.

Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar movie - 7.5/10 - Going into this thinking it might possibly be the worst film I have ever seen is proof that if you lower you expectations for everything in life you will always be pleasantly surprised and it helps if you enjoy Tim and Eric. John C Reilly cracked me the fuck up everytime he was in the film. As did Will Ferrell and Will Forte. Robert Loggia was one hell of a bad guy in this. He lis so old now that without makeup he is scary looking, which helped add to the realness of the whole film. This film is the most important, realistic and only portrayal of what it would be like to purchase a rotten dilapidated mall and bring it back to life. SCHLAAANG!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY Poop bath. OLD LADY SEX.

Take-Shelter-Movie-Poster.jpg

9/10

Just watched this based on this thread. Immense--I've never seen a more accurate portrayal of mental illness on film in my life. Could go on for ages about it but will confirm the 9/10 heartily.

did you guys see his earlier films?

Shotgun Stories

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done (by Werner Herzog)

Shannon is strong like ox

Guest analogue wings

Tim n Eric 7/10

It was basically a whole series of the show edited into a feature film. Like if they had done a series et in a mall. They did all the shit that they do but without actually repeating jokes like a lot of TV -> movie comedies do. It was a bit "gentler" than the show, in that it didnt have too much screeching far out shit like "i wanna meet that dad" or w/e. Not great but solid and I hope they try something totally different for the next one.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

tbh the tim&eric movie looks like the sort of movie you watch on youtube. they should have cut it into 10min segments and uploaded it themselves.

Take Shelter - Slow pace but kept you going with an almost Donny Darko style vibe but not as pretentious. Dragged a bit in the middle and the cgi felt like it was just done for the trailer but the emotion from a solid cast made all worth it. 8.5/10

The Fall - Visually epic (with hints if Holy Mountain, Baraka and Big Fish) and a genuinely enchanting film if a little camp. Has to be seen on blu-ray. 8.5/10

Guest Xenblake

Im a gonna watch me some Charlie Chaplin, The Gold Rush I think. Chaplin movies have a never failing ability to put me in a good frame of mind.

Also watched Take Shelter last night, quality film, very enjoyable. Thanks for recommending!

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

hadn't seen this (it was the only Charlie Kaufman penned film that I hadn't seen yet). Really liked it. Having seen all the stuff he's had a hand in, I think Charlie Kaufman is one of the few people in the world that actually knows the meaning of life. The guy is a fucking legend.

hadn't seen this (it was the only Charlie Kaufman penned film that I hadn't seen yet). Really liked it. Having seen all the stuff he's had a hand in, I think Charlie Kaufman is one of the few people in the world that actually knows the meaning of life. The guy is a fucking legend.

I really need to watch Synecdoche New York again. Such a fucking depressing movie.

I really need to watch Synecdoche New York again. Such a fucking depressing movie.

It's fucking spot on.

I really think the guy has a finger on the pulse of what it is to be human.

It's fucking spot on.

Yeah, like Eternal Sunshine is pretty much the most spot on movie when it comes to feelings for another human being. He's just really good at boiling down powerful and complex feelings into small and precise monologues.

It's fucking spot on.

Yeah, like Eternal Sunshine is pretty much the most spot on movie when it comes to feelings for another human being. He's just really good at boiling down powerful and complex feelings into small and precise monologues.

i still can't watch that film after shit that happened with my ex. likely never will be able to again. it's too fucking close to home, that one.

Archived