IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Shit Attack

ha i think it would have been great, show some cool shit for 2 hours and then something really dumb to cap it off. maybe the alien could relax with a cigar and a glass of wine afterwards too . still better than the space jesus bullshit

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

cosmopolis - 8/10 - not a huge fan of cronenberg but this was cool. basically just people talking for 2 hours but it got more interesting as it went on, wasnt helped by the 1st 45 mins being ruined by some dumbfuck in the cinema who snored loudly + a group of old ladies who talked on and off and then left when the patenson guy started nailing a black chick. so not really sure if the begining was boring or was just ruined by stupid people, but definetly liked the rest of it a lot. sure most people will totally hate it tho + couldnt help but feel i was missing a lot because there was so much dialogue. Also it ended too abruptly for my tastes but that dosent really matter

but what was the alien doing in the wall at the end? huh? huh?

i think it was stalking ripley. animal predators do that to their prey all of the time.

whilst laying in a wall cavity?

i can't believe everyone is fine with this but is all crazy about prometheus not making much sense

read somewhere ridley scott just tacked that whole scene onto the end of alien while they were shooting it, probably why it dosent make much sense. Always thought it was dumb how ripley can kill the alien so easily when for the rest of the film they were basically trying to show that it was a totally indestructible killing machine no humans would have a chance against, but when sigourney weaver fights it it basically just lies around waiting to get harpooned. But supposedly it was originally meant to kill her too and use her voice to radio earth or something which would have been cool . might have saved us from the space jesus story 30 years later too

hella tacked on. i like the use her voice idea but someone smelled sequel with their newly created starlet

What is the best Alien edit to rewatch? There are 3 right?

start at the start. alien

and there are 4. 5 if you count prometheus and even more if you count avp.

I think you got me wrong. I was asking if I should watch the directors cut by the studio, the one the director did later for the new extended DVD or the original cinema version of Alien Part 1

I think you got me wrong. I was asking if I should watch the directors cut by the studio, the one the director did later for the new extended DVD or the original cinema version of Alien Part 1

i liked the '79 edit

do not watch the version i watched. they fucked the ending with the alien fannying about in the wall for 10 minutes. did i mention this yet?

not sure which cut that was. it was the only version on amazon instant streaming

look at the cover art, see if there is some text. try to read it. if you're watching a mislabeled rip you're shit out of luck.

sleepaway camp shit the bed/10 good film, shit acting but you dont mind. the ending = soiled pantaloon

dawn of the dead (new one) 6/10 never seen it before, but i thought i had. not bad. has a moustache which bumps it from a 5 to a 6/10

patriot games 8/10 i like these kind of films, coulda been higher but i've seen it recently so it wasnt as good as teh first watch

(btw did anyone see that 7 minute hair restore advert with shane warne at the 3/4 mark advert selection during patriot games on Channel4? it was weird...plus dawn of the dead the film after it had no adverts at all)

tonight i will watch interview with a vampire..as i've never seen it before.

The theatrical release is the director's preferred cut. The "director's cut" on the DVD box set was an alternate cut that Fox asked the director to do, because things called "director's cuts" are sort of expected from Ridley Scott now.

The later cut is still worth watching for some interesting alternate/deleted scenes, but the theatrical cut is the best.

I havent seen Alien in a while but I always thought the Alien was somehow stuck in the wall at the end. When she sprayed it, it freaked and actively tried to get out. Whatever, it actually doesnt make much sense with it supposedly being so powerful. Whatever.

2nd movie I've seen in the theater in 2012:

Prometheus - I enjoyed it but wondered if the 3D was really necessary. Some bad dialogue and I wondered why the captain was so quick to jump to "Oh the ship is headed for earth? Suicide time."

The theatrical release is the director's preferred cut. The "director's cut" on the DVD box set was an alternate cut that Fox asked the director to do, because things called "director's cuts" are sort of expected from Ridley Scott now.

The later cut is still worth watching for some interesting alternate/deleted scenes, but the theatrical cut is the best.

I just got this and will be watching it during the week:

rPnFY.jpg

I havent seen Alien in a while but I always thought the Alien was somehow stuck in the wall at the end. When she sprayed it, it freaked and actively tried to get out. Whatever, it actually doesnt make much sense with it supposedly being so powerful. Whatever.

interesting. tried to hide but got stuck. actually makes more sense than anything else I've heard. but then it got out though.

actually best explanation is that it was trying to hide but the ship being so small it failed

the royal tenenbaums - overtly sentimental second hand woody allen. why is wes anderson so highly regarded again? it was ok but nothing more.

*gets ripped apart*

"god bless america" 6.5/10

I liked the moral message of being civil, but the political shtick was unnecessary. It was kind of like a less outraged version of "Falling Down".

Archived