IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just make sure you watch them with the original voicetrack and subtitles, youll be fine then.

strongly agree, Disney/Pixar tried to do a decent job, but they still made some very weird decisions, such as casting Billy Bob Thorton as the tracker dude in Mononoke.

just make sure you watch them with the original voicetrack and subtitles, youll be fine then.

Yeah... This is a point. That said, Spirited Away had good voice acting I thought. If I remember correctly that is.

I'll tell you a film that had unbearable voice acting and only an English dub on my DVD.... Shogan Assassin!

Good film? Can't tell really. I couldn't put up with the fucking dubbing.

"MY DADDY WAS A SAM-RYE"

City of Ember - pretty fucking good actually. aimed at kids, but I thought it was well dark really. It's a bit like Dark City in a way. It's also got Bill Murray in it. Win. 7.5/10

City of Ember - pretty fucking good actually. aimed at kids, but I thought it was well dark really. It's a bit like Dark City in a way. It's also got Bill Murray in it. Win. 7.5/10

Bill Murray 10/10

City of Ember 6/10

It seemed like it was a stripped down version of a 4 hour movie. I felt like I was missing out on a lot.

one of my favourite film critics of all time...

Dave from movie.com

here is why he likes Antichrist

I'm weird and can't speak for everyone on this, obviously, but when you take a highbrow, inscrutable, pretentious, symbolism-heavy art film about the inversion of Christian theology and history's treatment of defiant women (director Lars von Trier even dedicates this movie to the late Andrei Tarkovsky, all-time master of "...and what does the tree in the final shot mean?") and then you dunk it in a bath of deranged horror sex-gore, style it up with freaked art direction and sprinkle it with Satanic woodland creatures spouting doom-comments you'd more likely find on a black-metal record, it's like asking me if i want whipped cream on everything--even raw meat--for the rest of my life. The most awesomely despair-filled trek through hell of the year.

fuckin dead on and hilarious but you might should wait til you see the film before reading /\/\/\

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

kabluey 5/10

erm. is this australian? it looks australian. low budget australian. whats going on? why is her from friends in it? pass the m&ms please. low budget US looks just like low budget australian.

<b>Changeling</b>:

I actually liked the old 80's George C. Scott horror film called <i>The Changeling</i>, but Eastwood's <i>Changeling</i> wasn't half-bad. Jolie is pretty, she is talented, and she wore nice clothes. The photography was grade AAA, with lots of fluid Hollywood movement. Although a wildly embellished biopic, Eastwood handled the feminist undertones of the screenplay with subtlety and nuance. Unfortunately, he hoisted up the "villain" of the film as a remorseless, goggly-eyed freak, the sort of creature that begged to be put down by the state. So much for restraint...speaking of which, the entire second act was an inelegant gamble that tried to distill all the horrors and political indignance of <i>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest</i> while John Malkovich as a Presbyterian squarehead tries so earnestly to save the day. Meh, this was a mixed bag, but worth watching.

I liked 'Changeling' alot alot, !t made tears!

great film, i love eastwood ...he just tells it like it is, one of my heros.

......fuck!ng psychologist's/psychiatrist's. rrrrrrrrr. :angry:

one of my favourite film critics of all time...

Dave from movie.com

here is why he likes Antichrist

I'm weird and can't speak for everyone on this, obviously, but when you take a highbrow, inscrutable, pretentious, symbolism-heavy art film about the inversion of Christian theology and history's treatment of defiant women (director Lars von Trier even dedicates this movie to the late Andrei Tarkovsky, all-time master of "...and what does the tree in the final shot mean?") and then you dunk it in a bath of deranged horror sex-gore, style it up with freaked art direction and sprinkle it with Satanic woodland creatures spouting doom-comments you'd more likely find on a black-metal record, it's like asking me if i want whipped cream on everything--even raw meat--for the rest of my life. The most awesomely despair-filled trek through hell of the year.

fuckin dead on and hilarious but you might should wait til you see the film before reading /\/\/\

Antichr!st is going to be brilliant, i can't wait!!!!!

yes...

not sure when we will see it in the states though, it's being released next month in the UK

the ATP film they are releasing looks like another great one as well....

I like how subtle the michelgondry-ish special effects fit in the movie.

Since I enjoyed the mighty boosh, I'm definetly going to check this out.

ZODIAK. interesting, kept me on my toes

I also enjoyed this, specifically the cinematography. It did, however, seem a bit drawn out with it's nearly 3 hour run time. I always have a soft spot for Fincher.

moon - 7/10

i had crazy high expectations for this one, so i guess i was a bit disappointed, but that's my own fault, it was still a good movie.

Archived