IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

10 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Supposedly the greatest pizza place in the world - Da Michele in Naples, Italy. Even Elizabeth Gilbert says so (barf).

Wish I could say it didn’t live up to the hype and that it was terrible, but it wasn’t. A bit strange, with a thin crust that was soft rather than crunchy, but definitely good.

Not worth the half hour (it was fairly quiet) wait, of course.

787FB06B-F8D3-491D-B851-B928097B10F6.jpeg

Wow, that is not what I expected the best pizza in the world to look like.  My dream last night was inspired by it though.  I had just the cooked dough, no sauce or... is that supposed to be cheese?  Anyway, I just had the dough, which I spread some kind of soft cheese on.  No idea if it was any good, since it was imaginary dream pizza.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BCM said:

I feel vindicated that they're using knives and forks in the best pizza place in the world

Having done some further research I’m afraid I’ll have to disappoint you: snobs such as myself may use the cutlery to process the pizza in its entirety but it also turns out to be common to merely cut the pizza in quarters which are then folded and devoured.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, caze said:

you almost have to with the neapolitan style, like he said it's thin and soft, so harder to keep in that triangular shape without the tip sagging and all the cheese sliding off.

you can also make the traditional slice, and then fold the tip back onto the slice, but it's definitely still a bit messier.

You can also fold the slice in half, causing the tip to stay rigid (ooh-er) - that's what I do for most pizzas except Chicago deep-dish style.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, Salvatorin said:

best pizza in the world is the margherita at Da Legna's in New Haven connecticut

this is 100% accurate.

new haven has the best pizza in the world and there is absolutely no discussion to be had. It's just the objective truth. Pepe's, Sally's, Modern, BAR, Da Legna... the list goes on

2 hours ago, dr lopez said:
On 10/12/2018 at 2:06 PM, Salvatorin said:

best pizza in the world is the margherita at Da Legna's in New Haven connecticut

this is 100% accurate.

More like 100% hyperbole

9 hours ago, dr lopez said:

new haven has the best pizza in the world and there is absolutely no discussion to be had. It's just the objective truth. Pepe's, Sally's, Modern, BAR, Da Legna... the list goes on

Word.

I lived in Hamden, CT for a year and would occasionally swing by Pepe's for a margherita or clam pie.  Damn, I miss it.

I’m going to have a hard time disagreeing as I’ve had a couple of those, but there are some seriously good spots in nyc and brooklyn, too. It’s not really an all or nothing thing

Id put a place, Razza, here in NJ amongst the best I’ve ever had as well

Never used a fork on any of it though. Except in Chicago. But that’s not really pizza.

Edited by jules

Pizza Story Time:

While walking the dog last night we ordered an XL Vegetarian Pizza with some extra Chicken on top to take away.
Once home we added some extra Young Cheese and some extra Black Forest Ham.
Then warmed it in the Fan Oven some more.
Let me tell you,
It was heaven on Earth.
The End.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

11 hours ago, jules said:

Id put a place, Razza, here in NJ amongst the best I’ve ever had as well

I'm almost never in Jersey City but I will have to stop by there next time I go into NYC.

Edited by randomsummer

I speak from some authority, having now had pizza both at  what is supposedly one of the better pizza places in the New World (Joe’s pizza in NYC) *and* Da Michele in Naples, when I say: please open a separate thread about “American dough things with stuff on top”.

Those deep dish pizzas can't disappoint you, but YOU can disappoint the pizza. I ate a whole one and my mind melted. It was possibly life threatening.  

11 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Those deep dish pizzas can't disappoint you, but YOU can disappoint the pizza. I ate a whole one and my mind melted. It was possibly life threatening.  

Jesus, dude. I think the most deep-dish slices I've eaten in one sitting is MAYBE 4... and I'm from the Chi. 

Eating a whole d-d pie is basically like eating a couple of cement bricks. Toilet times are fun after, I bet.

Just now, J3FF3R00 said:

Jesus, dude. I think the most deep-dish slices I've eaten in one sitting is MAYBE 4... and I'm from the Chi. 

Eating a whole d-d pie is basically like eating a couple of cement bricks. Toilet times are fun after, I bet.

I mean it was a small, "personal" deep dish, but I was in a walking food coma right after, where I just felt slow and stupid for about 3 hours.