IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

anyone else love the chord resolutions towards the end of Treale? something about some autechre tracks...it's like your ears are begging for the chord resolution and when it lands you're just like "fuck yesssssssss"

Yes. It's the best moment on the entire album when it first happens towards the end of that track. I haven't felt that way since Montreal. Not that the songs are similiar, they are not. It's just something I can't describe. It's a similiar type of anticipation that builds up, and then releases. Fuuuuuuck.... yessssssssssss..... Treale is the best Oversteps track for me.

Guest extridium

lol lianne

Dear sir, I like jazz, but O=0 just isn't my bag. The melodic lines sound too automated and MIDI-like (or something), and I can't get used to that bloody synth bell sound. There's not much hidden in this track and it's not a difficult listen at all, so I can't see it growing on me. Not like Bine off Confield, which I disliked at first - but knew there was a lot going on 'beneath the surface'. :) :) :)

Cheesier more obvious stuff is great, but O=0 is too dull and meandering to squeeze my cheese juices.

I think O=0 sounds a little bit like Maphive 6.1, well it doesn't sound like it, but it reminds me of that track. I love O=0 for it's "stupid" bell ;)

the chords at 2:25 in O=0 :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

edit: the chord progressions in this album are superb, once you get your head around them. lots of lush, complex chords.

Edited by modey

Guest extridium

the chords at 2:25 in O=0 :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

edit: the chord progressions in this album are superb, once you get your head around them. lots of lush, complex chords.

indeed, it took me some time to really get my head around it, but now....... :spiteful:

But, i don't hear anyone about redfall....i think that track is beautiful. Really open en to the point. And the "ambient" 3:17 really scares me...it's like voices and rumble merged into 1 sound.

Edited by extridium

But, i don't hear anyone about redfall....i think that track is beautiful. Really open en to the point.

wrong! i've been raving about this track since i had my Oversteps turn-around, i think it's my 2nd favorite track next to Treale

Guest extridium

But, i don't hear anyone about redfall....i think that track is beautiful. Really open en to the point.

wrong! i've been raving about this track since i had my Oversteps turn-around, i think it's my 2nd favorite track next to Treale

O E P S ... sry :crazy:

Treale is indeed beautiful!

btw, I love how redfall merges into krYlon.

Edited by extridium

Guest extridium

it's going to be all about the polyrhythms going on with the synths. that's what's going to stick in your head after you're more familiar with the tracks.

Which is also why Confield, Draft and Untilted are unmemorable wastes of time and are little more than atmospherics + overcooked drum programming.

/dons shield

/breaks shield and slaps you with an IDM+10 backhand

welllllllll....euhhhmmmm...... :orly:

Guest Rogueofmv

Downloaded it. Tracked down the bonus track on Soulseek. MP3Gained it, stuck it on my iPod, will listen on the way to class when I wake up.

I'm caught somewhere between a caffeine-induced panic attack and narcolepsy right now; too out of it to even bother listening at this moment.

There are three tracks that don't really do much for me. Two are the twinkly ones that just don't go anywhere, see on see and krylon. The other is pt2ph8, which kind of aggravates me in how meandering it is. I hope to god it grows on me because right now it just sticks out in a bad way - I feel like George in Seinfeld when he's going out with that girl with the massive nose. Beautiful girl, but christ look at that nose.

see on see I feel kinda bad pointing out because it starts amazingly, but sorta runs out of juice.

However, ilanders has really made an impression lately, I think it's possibly the saddest sounding tune ae have ever done. Also as much as I like the voices and the atmosphere at the end of d-sho qub, I wish that bouncy beat would stick around for a couple more minutes at least. It's fucking amazing.

Oversteps seems to have a good amount of intentional FUZZ. A sound akin to raindrops hitting your eardrums.

See the second half of Yuop for a good example. Sometimes its nice but other times I don't know what to think of it

anyone else love the chord resolutions towards the end of Treale? something about some autechre tracks...it's like your ears are begging for the chord resolution and when it lands you're just like "fuck yesssssssss"

yep, that´s by far the best part of the album.

How fuckin funny is the Vangelis 'Chariots of Fire' version of Pen Expers they did at Coachella... Laughed my ass off when I heard that for the first time.

Woah I don't think I've ever heard that. Does anyone have a link/copy ?

How fuckin funny is the Vangelis 'Chariots of Fire' version of Pen Expers they did at Coachella... Laughed my ass off when I heard that for the first time.

Woah I don't think I've ever heard that. Does anyone have a link/copy ?

I heard that ages ago, it's not even worth tracking down. It sounds pretty.... Shit.

Guest definiteform

Yuop as a closer..I couldn't have it any other way. I was seriously expecting a return to Untilted-like compositions and wanted to wait for my wax from Bleep to arrive, but I decided to preview anyway. They definitely shocked me for the better.

so the vinyl on amazon etc is the same as the pre-ordered one from bleep? is there any reason why i pre-ordered the bleep one when it's almost double the cost of the amazon prime one? or am i just daft

so the vinyl on amazon etc is the same as the pre-ordered one from bleep? is there any reason why i pre-ordered the bleep one when it's almost double the cost of the amazon prime one? or am i just daft

Pre-ordering from bleep gives you the access to the downloads now.

Don't forget, it also gives you the **EXCLUSIVE** track-by-track artwork to the MP3s. :rhubear2:

plus... I would rather give bleep my money over amazon.