IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Here you go...

thanks. i just read it, and will translate it later this week. its an interview/overview of their history as a band. among other things, rob talks about wanting to work with the concept of "space" in the music and not have beats which mangle/damage the melodies. he talks about "r ess" a little bit too and makes some cool metaphors about spaceships docking on the moon and "reformatting the listener's brain" (as in introducing them to the sound-world of the album)

duuude get on that asap!

yes please!

Got my japanese Oversteps today! Fucking terrific sound!

It has an insert booklet that folds out to a flyer-sized one-sheet. Can't read japanese, but it seems to have some sort of discussion about their work, with references to Quaristice. The outside had a sticker promoting a june show in Japan with Juan Atkins.

I will say that the bonus track feels exactly like a bonus track, not essential. It kinda needed a couple minutes more to develop. It might even be a snippet/version of another track, maybe?

I would be beyond happy if could see Ae and Juan Atkins do a show together.

So... Did anybody's preorder copy dispatch yet?

my Warp20 (Box Set) is still showing as "pre-order" in my account on Bleep, as are any pre-orders i've ever made, so i wouldn't put too much gravity on what it says in there.

After listening to Oversteps a few times I've really come to to love Untilted, an album I used to hate on. Untilted is now in constant rotation. The more I play Oversteps the more I want to listen to Untilted. Oversteps currently doesn't do much for me but I'm sure if I had a decent stereo to listen to it on I would appreciate it more.

After listening to Oversteps a few times I've really come to to love Untilted, an album I used to hate on. Untilted is now in constant rotation. The more I play Oversteps the more I want to listen to Untilted. Oversteps currently doesn't do much for me but I'm sure if I had a decent stereo to listen to it on I would appreciate it more.

Hehe...me tooooo :music: But i like Oversteps VERY much!

Guest Enter a new display name

my Warp20 (Box Set) is still showing as "pre-order" in my account on Bleep, as are any pre-orders i've ever made, so i wouldn't put too much gravity on what it says in there.

I miss the WarpMart days when they sent a notification e-mail when my orders dispatched. And for some reasons, the postal service literally takes 3-4 times longer to deliver something to Canada than before (it used to take 4 days, now it takes 2 weeks).

I miss the WarpMart days when they sent a notification e-mail when my orders dispatched. And for some reasons, the postal service literally takes 3-4 times longer to deliver something to Canada than before (it used to take 4 days, now it takes 2 weeks).

yeah i miss WarpMart too. they actually gave you freebies every once in a while...stickers, pin badges, even cd's and records.

Guest neirdac

I too am currently getting back on untilted it's really weird. Especially lcc I used to be bored by it but now it makes me have these making love in your ear kind of feelings, you know?

Guest extridium

sublimit is the most underrated track on untilted.

Agree totally...the end of that song is just awesome...

sublimit is the most underrated track on untilted.

Agree totally...the end of that song is just awesome...

i got the sense that sublimit was considered the ultimate (not just the final) track on untilted, as far as epics go. does pro radii get more frequent "ratings?"

back to oversteps, treale could use more variation in the beat. to what extent do you think the arpeggiated melodies on treale are generative? deliberate?

not a lot of talk about harmonic overtones, their accumulation and presence (melodic wash), on tracks like see on see, redfall, krylon, and the like. Feels like there's importance placed on these resultant, harmonic clouds. Am I ever gonna warm to the clean metallic chimes on O=0?