IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

would just like to ask if anyone got the 24-bit wav. from bleep, and how 24-bit quality sounds from standard CD master quality.

well, the 24bit wav sounds way better than the vinyl : its lacking a bit treble.

i'm a bit disappointed with the vinyl set. its great to have tDR back & the whole package is nice but they've done this kind of minimal artwork before plus the use of a black circle right after then Sunno))) record isnt the freshest idea.

that said, oversteps is a fantastic album.

would just like to ask if anyone got the 24-bit wav. from bleep, and how 24-bit quality sounds from standard CD master quality.

well, the 24bit wav sounds way better than the vinyl : its lacking a bit treble.

i'm a bit disappointed with the vinyl set. its great to have tDR back & the whole package is nice but they've done this kind of minimal artwork before plus the use of a black circle right after then Sunno))) record isnt the freshest idea.

that said, oversteps is a fantastic album.

the vinyl is lacking a bit of treble? not from what i can hear

I'd probably prefer the vinyl version then, as the wavs are a little bright for my system.

Btw, thanks for your perspective on the reverb, oscillik. I do think Oversteps is a beautiful album, for all my whining. I'd like to read fanboy love-ins on this one more than any other Autechre album, as I think it calls for subjective narratives... It's more about feel and emotion than ever before. Perhaps that's why it can cause love/hate reactions in me, because sometimes I'm not feeling that brilliant and it's much easier to pick holes in a more overtly emotional album like Oversteps then, say, Draft, when you're in that critical sort of mood. Or something.

Edited by Lianne

I decided awhile ago that I wouldn't listen to Oversteps again until it arrived in the mail. Should be here later today or at some point tomorrow. :emotawesomepm9: Now listening to Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich and it's reminding me of parts of Oversteps..just how its so minimal and yet rich with emotions and feeling.

I decided awhile ago that I wouldn't listen to Oversteps again until it arrived in the mail. Should be here later today or at some point tomorrow. :emotawesomepm9: Now listening to Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich and it's reminding me of parts of Oversteps..just how its so minimal and yet rich with emotions and feeling.

Funny you should say that, because Oversteps and Music for 18 Musicians are the two releases I have on top priority to obtain next. I can't wait to get them, I haven't even heard Oversteps yet because I'm all paranoid about downloading fake versions by mistake...

"Music for 18..." is genius. Might stick it on now actually!

I managed to play the entire CD of Oversteps the other night without my girlfriend asking me to turn it off. Thats the first time thats ever happened for an Autechre CD.

Bleep sent me the CD by mistake even though I pre-ordered and paid for the vinyl. Grr.

lucky you. now you get to keep the CD, and when you tell Bleep about the mixup, they'll just send the vinyl out anyway.

blessing in disguise, man.

Ya reckon? They've yet to reply to my query. So it's still grr for now...

can take up to 48 hours for them to reply, but rest assured - if you ordered the vinyl, and they've sent the CD, you'll have the vinyl sent out to you and they'll more than likely just say to keep the CD.

treale is a great track, though I don't find the end as special as many seem to. For me it's all about the short bit from :44 to 1:03, that's like a robot "call-and-response" that is brilliant.

Guest extridium

What it tells me that this year will have Autechre EP. I will be very much believe in it! :rolleyes:

WELL, that would be just great news! BTW...the compact disc sounds great...really love it :emotawesomepm9:

treale is a great track, though I don't find the end as special as many seem to. For me it's all about the short bit from :44 to 1:03, that's like a robot "call-and-response" that is brilliant.

I think the melody at the end is wonderful.. :emotawesomepm9:

I agree about the short part between :44 and 1:03...it's like talking droids or computers (close encounters of the third kind)

Edited by extridium

Guest the anonymous forumite

+1000

Pure musical wit.

Happy Oversteps day, got mine in the mail today. :braindance:

Also, Xektses sql is growing on me, but I only like it when doing a full play through of the album.