IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

The tunes are worth it, it's one of their best, but I wish to fuck they'd just repress all the rarer stuff

it's my first exposure to Drexciya, and it was probably a bad idea, since i want them all now *sadfase*

The tunes are worth it, it's one of their best, but I wish to fuck they'd just repress all the rarer stuff

it's my first exposure to Drexciya, and it was probably a bad idea, since i want them all now *sadfase*

Was in Vinyl Exchange in Manchester this weekend, they have most of the early Drexciya EPs up on the walls - £30 - £40 a pop :blink:

This weekend's vinylyy purchases:

The Wicker Man OST

Shirley Collins - False True Lovers

Harry Smith's Anthology Of American Folk Music Volume 3

Stravinsky Conducts Le Sacre Du Printemps

David Sylvian - Gone To Earth

All digital music is created using 1s and 0s....what is the appeal of vinyl playback?

being able to hold the music you are playing, being able to witness the album art in its full twelve-by-twelve-inch size, the visceral experience of clicks and pops both separating you from and connecting you to the music, the experience of laying the needle on the vinyl, etc

edit: and scratching the record up and pretending you're a DJ

Edited by KY

All digital music is created using 1s and 0s....what is the appeal of vinyl playback?

being able to hold the music you are playing, being able to witness the album art in its full twelve-by-twelve-inch size, the visceral experience of clicks and pops both separating you from and connecting you to the music, the experience of laying the needle on the vinyl, etc

edit: and scratching the record up and pretending you're a DJ

great answer

Guest margaret thatcher

Was in Vinyl Exchange in Manchester this weekend, they have most of the early Drexciya EPs up on the walls - £30 - £40 a pop :blink:

oh yeah, went there years ago, some of their stuff made my jaw drop. if only i were rich...

i did leave with the original pressings of lil louis' french kiss and underworld's spikee/dogman go woof...

and yeah, that liquid liquid 3x12" with the bonus live cd set is fantastic - vinyl exchange also had the original (non-bootleg) eps on their wall, ranging between 50-100 quid...i do own the original pressing of successive reflexes, though.

i'm gonna have to go in there when i've got some spare money

I found a new record shop around town today and acquired some good stuff after digging for a few hours :)

Kenny Dorham - Afro-Cuban (Blue Note)

1200489381_kennydorhamafrocubweb.jpg

Quincy Jones - I Head That!!

song.jpg

Drums of North & South India

DrumsNoSo.jpg

Philip Glass - North Star

glass+north+star.jpg

Philip Glass - Glassworks

256.jpg

I forgot... I got one of these badboys too:

zerostat3.jpg

Speaking of vinyl accessories... what do ya'll do for cleaning?

I have my cleaning solution which consists of 3 parts distilled water, 1 part isopropyl alcohol (70%) with a drop of windex. I usually make about a cup's worth that I pour into my sprayer and it does a good job.

My brush consists of some non stretch velvet I picked up at the fabric store and a small block of wood

My routine (I usually clean on my DJ turntable since it can take a beating):

Pour a few rings of solution on the record while it is spinning then spread the liquid with the edge of the velvet brush (scrub if needed)

Grab hand vacuum with DIY attachment which sucks the record dry of the liquid (usually 2-3 revolutions)

Pour a few rings of distilled water and spread with other velvet brush

Grab hand vacuum and suck away

Use Zerostat 3 on record with the triangle technique

I then use a Deram record cleaning brush between plays to get rid of any loose dust

Guest JohnTqs

I forgot... I got one of these badboys too:

zerostat3.jpg

Speaking of vinyl accessories... what do ya'll do for cleaning?

I have my cleaning solution which consists of 3 parts distilled water, 1 part isopropyl alcohol (70%) with a drop of windex. I usually make about a cup's worth that I pour into my sprayer and it does a good job.

My brush consists of some non stretch velvet I picked up at the fabric store and a small block of wood

My routine (I usually clean on my DJ turntable since it can take a beating):

Pour a few rings of solution on the record while it is spinning then spread the liquid with the edge of the velvet brush (scrub if needed)

Grab hand vacuum with DIY attachment which sucks the record dry of the liquid (usually 2-3 revolutions)

Pour a few rings of distilled water and spread with other velvet brush

Grab hand vacuum and suck away

Use Zerostat 3 on record with the triangle technique

I then use a Deram record cleaning brush between plays to get rid of any loose dust

how often?