IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Mine just arrived, added it to discogs but not showing up yet

http://www.discogs.com/VHS-Head-Trademark-Ribbons-Of-Gold/release/2528755

It looks like the first disc has been re-pressed and the 2nd has been re-cut

though the discs look scuffed or stained badly all over, on first listen it dont seem to affect the sound but ive had a few crackles and surface noise, would like to hear how other copies are incase i was unlucky.

though the discs look scuffed or stained badly all over, on first listen it dont seem to affect the sound but ive had a few crackles and surface noise, would like to hear how other copies are incase i was unlucky.

yeah mine showed up about 20 mins ago (i'm halfway through the last track on the B side)

i've noticed a few crackles too so far, to be honest.

from what i can see, the stains/markings aren't as bad as what they are on the first press, but there are some there.

It's just the stains of a poor quality album :emotawesomepm9:

yeah mine showed up about 20 mins ago (i'm halfway through the last track on the B side)

So the conclusion is that the repress still has problems? I guess I'll go for the CD this time, since I already have the first mispress on vinyl.

i'm so over this album now tbh. think i rinsed it too much in the first few weeks of release. i'm bored of it now.

maybe i'll get back to it at a later date... i hope it doesn't become one of the 'campfire headphases' of my collection.

So the conclusion is that the repress still has problems? I guess I'll go for the CD this time, since I already have the first mispress on vinyl.

the only really noticable crackles we're on track 8, Brain Damaged about half way though. nothing as bad as the original mispress though

i'm so over this album now tbh. think i rinsed it too much in the first few weeks of release. i'm bored of it now.

this is exactly why i tend not to play an album more than once or twice a week

It's funny how companies hate pirating, then they fuck up the actual product.

Nothing negative at Skam and whoever did their pressings, but damn that sucks. Albeit not as bad as what Ubisoft's DRMs for games are like.

Nothing negative at Skam and whoever did their pressings, but damn that sucks. Albeit not as bad as what Ubisoft's DRMs for games are like.

this is true. if you want people to actually buy something from you then you really do need to get it absolutely perfect!

otherwise yeah.. why bother.. ? people will just download for free and give up entirely on buying anything physical if it's not of a juicey shiney highest quality possible.

Guest Backson

Every single time I listen to Gianasi, I have to check if someone in my house has slammed a door after 1:29

every. single. time.

this is true. if you want people to actually buy something from you then you really do need to get it absolutely perfect!

otherwise yeah.. why bother.. ? people will just download for free and give up entirely on buying anything physical if it's not of a juicey shiney highest quality possible.

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not. I would be pretty pissed if I bought a musical album on CD and it skipped though or if the vinyl just sounded like plain shit.

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not. I would be pretty pissed if I bought a musical album on CD and it skipped though or if the vinyl just sounded like plain shit.

no i actually wasn't being sarcastic there. i meant it sincerely. honestly. (now that sounds sarcastic cos i've said "honestly".)

but honestly i agree with you, you're right.

My only comment is, well, two comments: One is that they don't ever really give their songs endings, they just spin into a big mess of sound and then move on; two is that this could have been a great double album or two separate releases. I just can't get through all of it at once! That said, still my favorite IDM roty!

My turntable is fairly peachy and apart from some minor crackle on the beginning of the third side my copy is almost perfect. So happy with that.

For me this is a mood album, I got to be in a a particular frame of mind to enjoy it as it's quite intense and requires concentration. Last time I played it I snoozed off and had a real bad nightmare, and ended up waking up like a bolt of lightning lol. Def influenced by the album i'd say. Like I said I find it quite intense listening.

Solid 8 out of 10 for me.

I have not particularly got bored of this record even though I end up playing it now at least once a week [ever since it's release]. Very good piece of music. Still finding new stuff upon each listen.