IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Guest nene multiple assgasms

in what sense does it need to be remastered 'properly'

i don't get it, the album is loud but that was clearly the intention of who made the music and also who mastered it

it's painful to listen to, on headphones at least. it could use a little dynamic range.

Guest viscosity

has a bit of high end edge, so roll it off if it bothers you so much

love this album, awaiting his next release in as much anticipation as autechre/boc

Don't fall asleep to this album. You'll have psychotic nightmares. Well I did anyway.

how would you fall asleep to this - it's so goddamn loud

Heheh, I was knackered after doing 5 hours on my bicycle. It was one of those scenes out of a film when you shoot bolt upright covered in sweat and eyes bulging like a toad. I am sure I was axing somebody to death or someone was axing me to death.

Heeeeeere's Johnnny!!

This is the album I keep returning to because people are so gay for it and you know what, fifth attempt and it still puts me to sleep. I'm officially washing my hands of Trademark Ribbons of Gold.

This is the album I keep returning to because people are so gay for it and you know what, fifth attempt and it still puts me to sleep. I'm officially washing my hands of Trademark Ribbons of Gold.

It's cool to be different.

in what sense does it need to be remastered 'properly'

i don't get it, the album is loud but that was clearly the intention of who made the music and also who mastered it

you wouldn't get it.

it's the intention? there's no fuckin wonder the people making the tunes aint no supposed to be mastering it in the final place.

duh.

it's painful to listen to, on headphones at least. it could use a little dynamic range.

someone should rip the vinyl, for comparison. may be stomach that better

You're right, I actually like this album but I'm saying I don't to sound... cool?

Makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't know how to express this in proper technical terms but I feel the album is "mastered" perfectly well (I own the CD, not the Vinyl) Some of the sounds push the limits a little, frequency-wise, and many of the beats are harsh and sharp but never painful to my ears. The whole thing has a great kick and sounds clear as anything, yet still 80's. It couldn't have been EQ'd any better imo.

considering that the source of the samples are from VHS, i find it quite the lol that people are complaining about dynamics.

as some others have said, the album is mastered just fine, taking into account where the samples have come from.

You're right, I actually like this album but I'm saying I don't to sound... cool?

Makes perfect sense.

Just pulling your leg Mr Obel :wink:

To be fair, I find the production shitty sounding, loud or not. This is down to the VHS samples, it just doesn't sound very good to my ears. This has nothing to do with the construction of the tracks, which I find uninspired and mostly uninteresting, just the sound.

Anyone want to argue with that?

To be fair, I find the production shitty sounding, loud or not. This is down to the VHS samples, it just doesn't sound very good to my ears. This has nothing to do with the construction of the tracks, which I find uninspired and mostly uninteresting, just the sound.

to be fair - are you implying your opinion is the "fair" opinion? or that you don't always speak fairly?

sounds shitty/shitty sounding /shit sound/argue question - argue? I am arguing with you right now, but really there is nothing to win here. so I hope this pointless exercise pleased your demand.

Edited by karmakramer

to be fair - are you implying your opinion is the "fair" opinion? or that you don't always speak fairly?

sounds shitty/shitty sounding /shit sound/argue question - argue? I am arguing with you right now, but really there is nothing to win here. so I hope this pointless exercise pleased your demand.

I should clarify, I say "to be fair" all the time, it doesn't mean anything. But kind of in this case there's backlash (as is expected) from the fanboys against anyone who says they don't like how the album sounds, so I'm adding a little weight to that argument I guess.

Different strokes etc, I said anyone want to argue with that because there's always somebody who wants to argue with subjectivity.

Also Avator sucks.