IGNORED

autechre - ts1a

kaini

from 0:00 - 1:14 there is an excellent structure, very distinct and easy to make out

then from 1:15, when the percussion goes solo, I unfortunately begin to lose interest - things get too messy

I don't think it's good enough to make it on an album so good thing they just put it out on it's own for charity

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

merely pointless speculation, but is the BBC track Booth+Brown+(Calix?)

i'm notoriously unreliable at spotting this sort of thing but it stuck out to me tonight.

according to the ICASEA artist page, BBC is NHKyx and 5K3K51

5K3K51 = one of the guys from team doyobi if i'm not mistaken

edit: just got the Dark Crystal reference in the name too, nice!

Think that may have gone over my head, what's the reference?

5k3k51 = Skeksi maybe i'm reaching here but i think it's too good to be a coincidence

skeksi8.jpg

i'm notoriously unreliable at spotting this sort of thing but it stuck out to me tonight.

Think that may have gone over my head, what's the reference?

5k3k51 = Skeksi maybe i'm reaching here but i think it's too good to be a coincidence

skeksi8.jpg

Yeah, doubt that's a coincidence. You're probably the only person in the world that got that haha

nah, 5K3K51 is Tom Knapp...not a member of Team Doyobi as far as i'm aware...but Tom has done stuff with the guys though

oh that's what wassim from the centrifuge told me, maybe he meant that Tom is one of the people who runs Icasea

Yeah, most likely :whistling:

Wassim is awesome, met him a couple of times now. Really friendly guy, always says hello to everyone

This VHS Head track is astounding and I'm not even done listening to it yet

Definitely a grower, it seems to improve with each listen.

As for ts1a, I like it very much, to the point where I'd say it's my favorite non-album track in 3 years or so. Does anybody have ideas about when it was written? If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it was an old piece that they recently updated... the structure and quasi-melodies remind me of their LP5 era stuff, but some of the effects sound closer to Oversteps.

it sounds very recent to me, like using the generative sequencers of oversteps with the sounds they featured in Moves of Ten, that's just a total guess though. If i were to try to place it in an exact point in time i'd say post Oversteps but before Moves

Moves of Ten

Do you keep mis-spelling it because you don't like the album?

nope, it's because i literally forgot there was an S in there. If you notice i rarely try to mention AE song names , because i am very bad at remember the titles.

i like Move Of ten

Moves of Ten

nope, it's because i literally forgot there was an S in there. If you notice i rarely try to mention AE song names , because i am very bad at remember the titles.

i like Move Of ten

Haha, no problem. I mean no disrespect - was just pointing it out!

And it seems I'm wrong! I was under the impression somehow that you didn't like the album.

Moves of Ten

i like Move Of ten

Haha, no problem. I mean no disrespect - was just pointing it out!

And it seems I'm wrong! I was under the impression somehow that you didn't like the album.

as an album i don't love it, i like it for sure. I mean honestly even Autechre's not great stuff is still more interesting than 99.9% of the music out there. The opening 4 tracks on Moves i think are phenomenal, the rest are so so

• 7 months later...

Autechre don't seem like the type to sit on tracks for a long to then throw them at compilations. Every non-album track they have on compilations seems really comparable to the LP/EP tracks they have at the time. ts1a doesn't feel any different, if only because Move of Ten was very beat orientated. That and they seem to kind of fall out of liking older tunes they did as much, what with their views they've expressed regarding their older material in "recent" interviews, calling it cheesy and whatnot.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if ts1a was, as a track, a direct response to the March 11 disaster last year. Has that destructive, chaotic vibe.

I lost one of my friends in the disaster too..

Anyway this track along with Team Doyobi's "Aching Melt" remix of Antennasia's "Night Camel" rank among my favorites on that compilation.

Archived