IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

coworker who's a female caucasian singer/songwriter on the side asked me how i was doing today ("pretty good"), so i returned the question - she's in a creative slump and i admitted the same. she suggested that she's been down and uninspired because she has to work 40 hours a week and she's really worn down. then she asked if i'd want to help her with the backing tracks for the song she's working on. a song about how "white people need to shut the fuck up and stop complaining." i think i already said i'd help her out, but i wonder if she realizes what she just said to me. :cat:

I'm so conditioned by San Francisco prices that nothing phases me anymore. Yesterday, I bought my friend and I one beer each at a venue and spent $20.

10.70 is ridiculous, though.

thats ridiculous. I dont buy any more than one drink in a club/bar and they only cost 3-4 pound here. 3-4 quid in an off license gets you 6 beers, it just seems ridiculous to waste money in pubs.

I'm so conditioned by San Francisco prices that nothing phases me anymore. Yesterday, I bought my friend and I one beer each at a venue and spent $20.

10.70 is ridiculous, though.

thats ridiculous. I dont buy any more than one drink in a club/bar and they only cost 3-4 pound here. 3-4 quid in an off license gets you 6 beers, it just seems ridiculous to waste money in pubs.

i agree,drinking at home since 19fuckingwhatever. It's the taxes that are the problem. And licensing laws.

coworker who's a female caucasian singer/songwriter on the side asked me how i was doing today ("pretty good"), so i returned the question - she's in a creative slump and i admitted the same. she suggested that she's been down and uninspired because she has to work 40 hours a week and she's really worn down. then she asked if i'd want to help her with the backing tracks for the song she's working on. a song about how "white people need to shut the fuck up and stop complaining." i think i already said i'd help her out, but i wonder if she realizes what she just said to me. :cat:

Next thing you know you'll be writing femnazi anthems with her.

Dunno about US etc but tax on booze isn't the cause of expensive drinks in the UK, it's rent and other expenses (such as a brewery owns the premises).

I live in London zone 1 and my local free house pub is £2.50 for all pints and the off licences are £1 for 500ml euro lager.

If you go to a shop or pub near a train station or other reason for rent bikes and it is double that or worse

Brew yer own beer. Problem solved. Not to pricey compared to a month or two at a pub. I started a few years ago and am hooked. I still love other beer from breweries, but you can get roughly the same quality and total control over the flavor in your place of living!

So I showed up to campus early this morning to give myself time to get oriented as to where I'm going, only to find my transfer credits were applied over the weekend and I'm no longer in my 7:30am course. That is nice in the long run I suppose, and I can return the textbooks and get money back... But I wish I had known that this morning, I could have slept in about another hour and a half.

Edited by ghOsty

They've been beta testing this new look for months, I guess it's officially out now. Last.fm really needs a new owner, CBS has let it rot for years.

Edited by doublename

dafuq happened to lastfm

Previous version had this annoying glassy shine on the library artist images on your profile. I was waiting when the fuck they were going to get rid of that. Now they put a fucking fade to black gradient that covers 75% of the pics. I guess now I'll have to wait until they're going to get rid of that shit. Which won't happen. Why do they feel this need to put shit on images? God, last.fm has always made terrible web design choices.

yeh (graphic)design-wise whatever, not terrible not great .. never been their forte. ux-wise it's horror terribruuuu

new site can't seem to upload album art anylonger, not scrobbling from my phone, all-round confusion where the fuck everything is.. why beta test and go live unfinished? recent tracks show track-title before the artist, these rando unnecessary changes .. genuine wadufuq moments the longer im on there

their designers seem stuck on two ends of the spectrum as well - the black gradient over an image as tri pointed out + small type here and there web 2.0 style and on the other side the "everything is huge and in simple shapes and colors" responsive webdesign of these days. ohyeah and circular profile portraits, obviously! hype!!!

all the shenanigans of last months with multiple scrobbles of the same track worked well on my nerves too.

I was reading this without realizing we were in the FWP thread, and was about to suggest heading to it. But, well done, I think you have found the true meaning of first-world problems.

last.fm has always made terrible web design choices

I mean that makes my FWP pale in its magnificence (one of my managers couldn't figure out how to edit a font in our powerpoint template).

you wot !! That's why he's a manager, incompetence masked by aggression and confidence. We are run by fools and it's a miracle the system works at all.

No, he's a nice fellow and very good at what he's supposed to be doing, he's just not very tech-savvy.

yeh (graphic)design-wise whatever, not terrible not great .. never been their forte. ux-wise it's horror terribruuuu

new site can't seem to upload album art anylonger, not scrobbling from my phone, all-round confusion where the fuck everything is.. why beta test and go live unfinished? recent tracks show track-title before the artist, these rando unnecessary changes .. genuine wadufuq moments the longer im on there

their designers seem stuck on two ends of the spectrum as well - the black gradient over an image as tri pointed out + small type here and there web 2.0 style and on the other side the "everything is huge and in simple shapes and colors" responsive webdesign of these days. ohyeah and circular profile portraits, obviously! hype!!!

all the shenanigans of last months with multiple scrobbles of the same track worked well on my nerves too.

yeah i just saw the new last fm and it is nice and shit, BUT why the fuck do I need Spotify now?

you wot !! That's why he's a manager, incompetence masked by aggression and confidence. We are run by fools and it's a miracle the system works at all.

No, he's a nice fellow and very good at what he's supposed to be doing, he's just not very tech-savvy.

hah, you just won't fight the system will you. [-; /recommends golf

hah, you just won't fight the system will you. [-; /recommends golf

Since he's from an older generation, (older than me even, christ), I place no expectations on his expertise with software. He is however, very good at what he's supposed to be doing. He didn't get to his position through aggression and backstabbing. He simply developed different presentation skills before the onset of powerpoint (which has become one of the most misused tools in an office environment).

I don't expect my mechanic to be able to expound on macro-economic theory, horses for courses, etc...