IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Is it healthy to substitute laughter with words? I mean it works on the internet but in real life I think you need the laughter cue otherwise people will think you are a weird emotionless psychopath and will fail to make any sort of connection with them.

i le agree.

laughing is a necessity.

Is it healthy to substitute laughter with words? I mean it works on the internet but in real life I think you need the laughter cue otherwise people will think you are a weird emotionless psychopath and will fail to make any sort of connection with them.

i le agree.

laughing is a necessity.

Laugh_0bf246_902273.jpg

i le agree.

laughing is a necessity.

Laugh_0bf246_902273.jpg

wellmemedmyfriend BUT you know witch laugher is the most annoying? The fucking theatre laugh. Holy fuck! I hate those! Literally the actors don't do something "funny" but still someones make the occasional "ha" or "he" and then all the fuckers around do the same... because well if someone "laughed" is because there was a joke! I don't want to look stupid!

I'm feeling really good about this story I've been writing, but unfortunately I keep writing very anachronistically and have no idea how the hell to bring everything together into a real plot. I also have a lot of trouble moving the plot forward and actually creating progress.

Continued from here...

After I told my boss that the new sound engineer is going to make over twice as much as I do, my boss said, "So?". What the fuck? I'm in charge of the sound engineers and my salary is a joke. After our little talk I could see that he was fucking pissed and the last thing he said was, "We'll talk about this".

Anyway, after I told him how I felt he didn't talk to me the rest of the day and earlier today he found out that I think that one of the sound engineers that he's just about to hire isn't that good. Actually, to me it sounds terrible. Talking about upsetting the applecart.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of my job so once my boss gets back to me about my salary he will have three options:

1) A raise

2) Leave my salary as it is but I'll only work 3 days a week

3) Fire me/disemploy me which will leave me with 3 months of paid vacation and/or a change to get in contact with more clients for my freelance stuff.

Continued from here...

After I told my boss that the new sound engineer is going to make over twice as much as I do, my boss said, "So?". What the fuck? I'm in charge of the sound engineers and my salary is a joke. After our little talk I could see that he was fucking pissed and the last thing he said was, "We'll talk about this".

Anyway, after I told him how I felt he didn't talk to me the rest of the day and earlier today he found out that I think that one of the sound engineers that he's just about to hire isn't that good. Actually, to me it sounds terrible. Talking about upsetting the applecart.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of my job so once my boss gets back to me about my salary he will have three options:

1) A raise

3) Fire me/disemploy me which will leave me with 3 months of paid vacation and/or a change to get in contact with more clients for my freelance stuff.

sounds like a shit place to work tbh.

Continued from here...

1) A raise

You did the right thing as far as I can see.

If you know without a doubt that you're worth more than they're paying you, there's nothing wrong with being vocal.

I've done it before and was surprised with the results actually. He may have stopped talking to you because he's caught or embarrassed at how you think of the situation and realized how he's been treating you.

I'm in southern California, its 86 degrees outside, there is a beach 15 minutes away and I have NOBODY to hang out with. I hate having to visit my family down here, it's pretty damn depressing. Probably just gonna go to the beach by myself and do nothing. Thank god tomorrow is my last day here.

Squee - Get your $ or take it how it's worth an work 3 days a week. If you're expected to have management type responsibilities of your department, you should be paid the most to compensate for it.

what's with these vinyl reissues being (re)pressed poorly / coming new in the packaging with defects?

I've wanted to get vinyl copies of Drexciya's Harnessed the Storm and Neptune's Lair for awhile now, but I'm afraid of ordering them cos from what I've read there are defects in the records.
Can anyone attest to this being true or untrue?

I know there were the BoC reissues that had a bunch of errors, and I remember reading other complaints on discogs about aphex twin represses, and some other artists too.

Is it just me or is there a reoccurring theme here?

Didn't buy BoC represses for same reason. Same reason I'm not buying Warp vinyl until I have my player set up again and can test them when I buy them for problems.

In other news, the company whom I'm trying to buy my flat from seem to have as little interest as possible in selling the properties they list. This is going to be a stressful few months. :cattears:

ADDENDUM: came up with an exciting new structure for the book I'm writing...the problem is that I think it's going to be a massive book when I'm done implementing it, whenever that will be. :catsuicide:

Edited by Bechuga

None of the BoC reissues I got had any errors with them, and I got all of them except Trans Canada Highway. Did I just get really lucky, or were the defects not as common as people make them seem?

None of the BoC reissues I got had any errors with them, and I got all of them except Trans Canada Highway. Did I just get really lucky, or were the defects not as common as people make them seem?

There were issues with TCH being poorly pressed with defects pressed into the vinyl, that gave off a lot of surface noise. There was also an issue with Geogaddi, the third disc had a lot of distortion on Corsair and warp sent out recut copies of the 3rd disc to people who had purchased the record. Also Twoism was said to have bad surface noise.

Allegedly Warp sent out copies that were fixed, or repressed the repressings a year later. I got a copy of the 2014 Twoism repressing. It's fine all but for two loud pops on side two and a few minor crackles on side one.

But I've read that the Drexciya repressings… at least Neptune's Lair literally skips in a track, and two people on disogs have attested to this.

I've hardly had any downtime between school/,friend now living with us as of this week, and now working all damn weekend and my gf is getting pissed that we haven't hung out all week... at least i'll be off at 7 tomorrow... ffs

Edited by ghOsty

I think I'm finally convinced - I wanna get the hell out of Alaska by next spring. It was like coming home to a ghetto after my AE NA trip.

Come on, Alaska isn't a ghetto. You don't know how good it seems compared to where I moved to. Ever since I got to Southern Maryland, all I've wanted was to go back to Alaska.

Edited by drillkicker