IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

work itself is not bad, it's just the cunts I have to deal with. I'm doing a short outposting at another agency at the moment which is going well and has the potential to help my career in a big way. the biggest problem is the home front, that's where things are the worst rn and where I have the least ability to be able to change anything. it's complicated. I'm actually tangled up in court stuff at the moment.

Working out then meditating has been a good way for me to release "unneeded" energy. When I don't do anything to release it I easily become restless and angry for nothing.

Recommending this to anyone tbh. Although meditation is not easy for everyone to get into.

Roommates never take out the trash or do their dishes. I've been doing it week after week due to me just being home a lot, working/studying/ect. It overflowed one day when I got back super late and after bringing it up, I was basically blown off by everyone. 

Going super passive aggressive and just using my own little trash from now on. 

Roommates never take out the trash or do their dishes. I've been doing it week after week due to me just being home a lot, working/studying/ect. It overflowed one day when I got back super late and after bringing it up, I was basically blown off by everyone. 

I'm in a similar situation at work. I think I'm usually the only one who empties the trash cans, and there's one girl at work who'd leave food plates just lying around, sometimes only partially eaten. Same thing with paper plates of wet cat food (we have two cats at work), she never fucking throws the shit away.

Definitely suffer from a Jeckyll and Hyde state of mind. I go from almost ultra positive Buddha to a snarling self-loathing angry rat in a cage. All of this is like a finely balanced seesaw which tips very, very easily when a finite amount of positive or negative energy is loaded on either of the ends. The positive end being fairly hard exercise, the negative end being alcohol. Of course too much of the positive is never a bad thing, I don't carry much extra weight, do my planks and press-ups, it would take a lot for me to get out of breath. The chair at the other end of the spectrum? That's where all the trouble starts. It's when the wolf rises.

I'm in a similar situation at work. I think I'm usually the only one who empties the trash cans, and there's one girl at work who'd leave food plates just lying around, sometimes only partially eaten. Same thing with paper plates of wet cat food (we have two cats at work), she never fucking throws the shit away.

Ya, I'm pretty sure its just different mindsets. Like I'm sure they look at the trash and think "Someone else will do it" and I look at the trash and think "No one else will do it." In a sense, they are right lol

work itself is not bad, it's just the cunts I have to deal with. I'm doing a short outposting at another agency at the moment which is going well and has the potential to help my career in a big way. the biggest problem is the home front, that's where things are the worst rn and where I have the least ability to be able to change anything. it's complicated. I'm actually tangled up in court stuff at the moment.

Damn! Fuck I hope all of this will be things of the past soon

I started reading a Pitchfork review of the new Fleet Foxes album, which contained the sentence "at times, Pecknold threatens to be the most misanthropic, nontraditional student to wander an Ivy League quad since a bearded Rivers Cuomo hobbled through Harvard."  I hate music journalism so fucking much.  But it serves me right for still periodically visiting a site like Pitchfork. 

I started reading a Pitchfork review of the new Fleet Foxes album, which contained the sentence "at times, Pecknold threatens to be the most misanthropic, nontraditional student to wander an Ivy League quad since a bearded Rivers Cuomo hobbled through Harvard."  I hate music journalism so fucking much.  But it serves me right for still periodically visiting a site like Pitchfork. 

Pitchfork doesn't review music, it reviews context. They're sort of documentary writers, where the score is related directly to how much of a narrative they can wrap around the music being reviewed. Plenty of good music gets sub-par scores because the reviewer can't find 'the story'. Just making a good tune is not enough: it has to be representative of some part of the musicians life, otherwise why bother?

That said, ignoring the 'shimmering shards of icy glass through lasers' type of writing, I often agree with their reviews. Even if they assume way too much into the music-making process.

Edited by Bechuga

Clearly a masterpiece in music journalism

I'm sort of impressed they've let those reviews stay up, although there are reports they often retcon certain reviews if they want to keep someone sweet. For example, I could've sworn Aphex's Computer Controlled Music got a 6.9 on release, but the other day I saw it had a 8.1.

Didn't they once give something like a 0.4 and the review was just an embedded youtube video of a monkey drinking its own piss? They never changed, they just have better camouflage now.

This kind of shit is why I quit music journalism

Edited by ladalaika

I've been extremely poor since I stopped living in my mom's house (as in, when I was no longer allowed to live there after freaking out about thinking I was being filmed..many years ago), is that a 1st world problem or a 3rd world problem?

Edited by Qalab Wighek

If you're considering getting a dog, please at least stop and think to see if you'd have the balls to open your front door to someone who's just been charged at and had his leg gashed open by your cute critter completely unprovoked. Don't give a toss if it couldn't hurt a fly, it could have taken the leg off my kid, and I know you're sitting in your front room because I can smell you smoking a joint through the window you utter cunt

If you're considering getting a dog, please at least stop and think to see if you'd have the balls to open your front door to someone who's just been charged at and had his leg gashed open by your cute critter completely unprovoked. Don't give a toss if it couldn't hurt a fly, it could have taken the leg off my kid, and I know you're sitting in your front room because I can smell you smoking a joint through the window you utter cunt

Holy shit, lol...

You should probably get a tetanus shot