IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

does that bm stand for bowel movement?

that is really really really embaressingly bad. that is what people will be laughing about in 10/20 years time when they look back on this era. fucking wow.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread often reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ursTBD0sZ0

Hahah very close for some

one thing that warmed my heart recently was that the new Nicki Minaj song has more dislikes than likes, with a go 60something million views.

Good, because every Nicki Minaj track is just like " I'm gonna sing like Betty Boop!/NOW I'M GONNA SING LIKE A CRAZY BITCH!"

Haha

he has a large article in this month's Rolling Stone. Seems like hes actually a pretty nice guy....but fuck me I hate his music.

he does seem like a nice guy. maybe his angst was safely bloodlet through FFTL. then again, it may just support the theory that he doesn't create the basic building blocks of his own sound (cf. Lube Saibot rant) because if he had, he'd be getting more pissed off at people rubbishing his music. it's just not really his music.

If you were in his shoes would you care if someone on the internet said you weren't making your own music?

Nobody cares what anyone says on the internet really.

I think all the bad feelings Skrillex might get from all the criticism of the music being shit goes away when he looks at his bank statement. If you are gonna blame someone, blame the idiots who are buying this crap and going to his shows.

he does seem like a nice guy. maybe his angst was safely bloodlet through FFTL. then again, it may just support the theory that he doesn't create the basic building blocks of his own sound (cf. Lube Saibot rant) because if he had, he'd be getting more pissed off at people rubbishing his music. it's just not really his music.

in one of the videos posted in this thread he's all like "all i did was make the music and put it on beatport. didn't even promote it.". anyway, he did seem a little bit pissed off (and also a bit pleased with himself) as he said it. i think he probably made the music :mellow:

78 pages and counting...

You lot really like talking about this fella Skrillex don't you? I definately think there is a closet love thing going on here.

We should have a post count of indiviual watmmers to see who really says they hate him but secretly love him. I think I am on post number 2, so no need for me to sweat. Anyway sorry to interupt.....

:wink:

some people do, you know. it's not just the internets. I think few artists can fully disengage from how their work is publicly received. alls I'm saying is he just doesn't have as big an ego around his music, for several possible reasons, one of them being that he doesn't make it, or doesn't put much effort into making it.

Or you know, he has been in a successful band since he was 16 so he's used to the criticism.

If I were in his position I don't think I'd lose sleep because watmm didn't think I made my music.

seor-gif-e-honda-preventing-the-bass-from-being-dropped.gif

Sorry if Jazz, but this made me lol

lol!

That is funny as flying f¨¨!

YES! lol, this is what warrants 78 pages

This thread would have died a long time ago were it not peppered with so many gems.

Guest Herbalist

This showed up as a related video for aphex today...

Theres no way its real, but it still pisses me off regardless.

Any idea what song it actually is?

This showed up as a related video for aphex today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-zxXuFSzc

Theres no way its real, but it still pisses me off regardless.

Any idea what song it actually is?

thats not a song

thats my bowel movement from this morning

I've heard the name Skrillex getting thrown around for months now, but I've just sat down and listened to three of his tracks on YouTube.

I genuinely do not understand the appeal of this music. What is so good about this? This is the simplest, laziest, most shallow feeling of happiness expressed as loudly and distractingly as possible. There is no depth, skill or atmosphere involved in making this material.

Musical talent is about expressing emotion, and conveying moods and feelings where words are not enough. Whereas I can convey every detail of "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" by shouting "IIIM CRAZY HAPPPIES!!!1 LOL OMG".

Skrillex is damaging the musical tastes of millions of fans with this bilge. Why do people confuse the strength of a mood (e.g. AS HAPPY AS POSSIBLE) with the talent that went into expressing it? I've heard present-day musical artists convey emotions so rich with detail I can barely imagine them without sounds to back them up. Yet over 69 million people flock to a synthesized rendition of the euphoria an insect feels when it has a wank.

I dunno, fuck this shit.

Guest Margatroid

Musical talent is about expressing emotion, and conveying moods and feelings where words are not enough. Whereas I can convey every detail of "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" by shouting "IIIM CRAZY HAPPPIES!!!1 LOL OMG".

This is exactly why dumb teenagers love it, and why it will continue to be popular.

Guest ruiagnelo

I've heard the name Skrillex getting thrown around for months now, but I've just sat down and listened to three of his tracks on YouTube.

I genuinely do not understand the appeal of this music. What is so good about this? This is the simplest, laziest, most shallow feeling of happiness expressed as loudly and distractingly as possible. There is no depth, skill or atmosphere involved in making this material.

Skrillex is damaging the musical tastes of millions of fans with this bilge. Why do people confuse the strength of a mood (e.g. AS HAPPY AS POSSIBLE) with the talent that went into expressing it? I've heard present-day musical artists convey emotions so rich with detail I can barely imagine them without sounds to back them up. Yet over 69 million people flock to a synthesized rendition of the euphoria an insect feels when it has a wank.

I dunno, fuck this shit.

Skrillex is damaging the same amount of musical tastes as other forms of pop music have been doing in the last few decades. this time is just different because it's music that is mostly electronic and watmm gets all nervous.

but the most important point is that, what you expect from music, as you say depth, skill or atmosphere, which is what most of us want from music as well, is not really what skrillex fans are expecting, especially the teenagers. in fact they really don't know what that is. they just want something they can bang their heads to and can get their junkie bodies moving.

all this skrillex 70 page debate has lead nowhere

Archived